Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

80s true American Metal / USPM

Go down 
+31
Gilbert
wildcard
Short-Fuse
Shawn Of Fire
Hadley
kmorg
James B.
firestarter
journeyman
TheGreatDuck
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
Wurthless
jstate
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
Boris2008
mc666
ultmetal
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
Alex Dee Rokket
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:21 pm

007 wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
And I'll disagree with Wurthless about Chain of Command. Hell, it is a great LP.
Chain Of Command is excellent !  I'm guessing he's talking about Dissident Alliance with Daniel Conca on vocals, quite a departure in sound for the band.
Yeah, I was referring to Dissident Alliance. I was in under the impression that Chain of Command was a bootleg release?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Quote :
Helstar
Don't forget Rivera's other gigs (Distant Thunder, Seven Witches, Killing Machine)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:01 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

All I've heard of Panzer is Mechanized Warfare, and it's good. How's their other stuff hold up?
Wurthless wrote:
Any Jag Panzer is good to great, save for the one album without Harry Conklin.
Ample Destruction is like a holy grail, loved and rated extremly high by almost everyone, and being a long OOP gives it additional "cult classic" points. Though myself I have to admit I never liked Jag Panzer that much. While every ingredient is up to my liking, as a band they more often than not leave me waiting for a punch that never comes. Ample Destruction is without a doubt a great heavy metal album, recommended for acquiring it somehow. I believe it is going to be reissued as Joey Tafolla is back in the band. Thane to the Throne is also a worthy purchase - killer concept album and probably their best since AD.

And I'll disagree with Wurthless about Chain of Command. Hell, it is a great LP. The only bad thing I can say about this one is that it doesnt have Jag Panzer identity within :DBut if you're looking for great USPM album, I fail to see how one can be disappointed in CoC. High soaring vocals and melodic leads accompained by characteristic atmosphere - what else to wish for?

TLDR: Ample Destruction, Thane to the Throne are essential Jag Panzer items. Than any other post reunion material (97 onwards). High chance of you liking it, since you enjoyed Mechanaized Warfare, which didn't hit me at all. Decade of the Nail Spiked Bat (rerecordings) is mediocre the internets say. Apporach to Dissident Alliance last, with caution and open mind, you might like it. Some people do.

Wurthless wrote:
And Bear beat me to everything I was gonna recommend, haha.
I simply can't stop posting Razz
Atlantean Kodex
X-Caliber
Ampe Destruction is no longer out of print. I know because I have the 2013 High Roller re-issue, and it's a good one. Well worth acquiring now that it's still possible.

As for the other albums, I think the Fourth Judgment is probably their best and also very highly rated
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:23 pm

I need to pick up that re-issue.  

I'm a big fan of these guys.....
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Some excellent suggestions so far - some mentioned I already know or am very familiar with (e.g. Riot, Helstar, Jag Panzer, Laaz Rockit, Sanctuary...)

I was wondering how about newer bands too - I really like Rocka Rollas, Enforcer, Blazon Stone
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:10 pm

There's also Burning Starr and Keel.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Agent Steel might scratch that itch. Forte too.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Burning Starr is awesome.

Jack Starr recent albums are a very nice addition to the classic USPM scene. Definitely recommend Land of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 am

Fear Not
Crystavox
Titanic
Final Axe
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:40 am

Wurthless wrote:
007 wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
And I'll disagree with Wurthless about Chain of Command. Hell, it is a great LP.
Chain Of Command is excellent !  I'm guessing he's talking about Dissident Alliance with Daniel Conca on vocals, quite a departure in sound for the band.
Yeah, I was referring to Dissident Alliance. I was in under the impression that Chain of Command was a bootleg release?
It was released in 2004. Completly forgot about Dissident Alliance, and for the better I'd say Very Happy

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I was wondering how about newer bands too - I really like Rocka
Rollas, Enforcer, Blazon Stone
These scream for the following thread http://www.heartofmetal.net/t15352-new-wave-of-traditional-heavy-metal-nwothm?highlight=NWOTHM

You may also want to check WildeStarr
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 am

I can also get behind jstate's Holy Grail recommendation. They slay.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:47 am

I second Wildestarr.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I must admit, I am not a fan of Holy Grail simply because of the vocalist. He's got an annoying style.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:52 pm

I can understand that. I've been a fan of Luna since I heard him on White Wizzard's first EP, though. He's great live, too.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:03 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
I must admit, I am not a fan of Holy Grail simply because of the vocalist. He's got an annoying style.
Haha! With this kind of music I can pretty much guarantee that my opinion of singers will be opposite to most guys here. I like the vocals, very NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Haha! With this kind of music I can pretty much guarantee that my opinion of singers will be opposite to most guys here. I like the vocals, very NWOBHM.
I dunno. I love NWOBHM vocalists too. This dude doesn't sound like them. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Omen
Phantom X
Death Dealer
Cage
Malice
Reverend
Racer X
Riot
Satan's Host
Ruthless
Sledge Leather
Chastain
Destiny's End
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:06 pm

How about Warrior? Maybe not totally USPM but good driving metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Warrior is a another good pick.

Also, forgot about HERETIC!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:44 am

How about some Leatherwolf

Ravage

Twisted Tower Dire

Tyrant
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:53 am

Leatherwolf is a good pick. That Twisted Tower Dire sounds good. First time I've actually heard them, I think.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 am

Not to repeat myself from a recent thread, but check out Volture, to fulfill your new band of this genre requirement.

So many good bands have been mentioned. This sub-genre (really it's the defining genre) of metal is easily my favorite, alongside thrash (and the two often overlapped in the 80s anyway).

One that I like that I don't think I've seen mentioned is Trojan's Chasing the Storm. Also, the First Q5 album, Steal the Light, fits in with this pretty well, although their second album is completely AOR/meodic rock (still good, just different sounding)
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am

Oh, also Ion Britton. I think the actual physical record is hard to come by...but it's a $4 mp3 download on Amazon, and excellent metal.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:48 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

So many good bands have been mentioned. This sub-genre (really it's the defining genre) of metal
Shocked Mad scratch 80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 875605 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 am

Boris2008 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

So many good bands have been mentioned. This sub-genre (really it's the defining genre) of metal
Shocked Mad scratch 80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 875605 
Haha, I'm not sure how to interpret that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80s true American Metal / USPM
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next