Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

80s true American Metal / USPM

Go down 
+31
Gilbert
wildcard
Short-Fuse
Shawn Of Fire
Hadley
kmorg
James B.
firestarter
journeyman
TheGreatDuck
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
Wurthless
jstate
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
Boris2008
mc666
ultmetal
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
Alex Dee Rokket
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 am

Tempest. The second, more well known album (eye of the storm) was commercial metal/hard rock, but the first album was much heavier

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 am

One of my favs.  I was at their final show ever last month.  30 years in the Mpls metal scene.
This is one of their slower ones from that show.  Music starts at about the 3 minute mark.

A little faster.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 10:52 am

80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 A3746590516_2

http://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/visions-of-towering-alchemy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 am

^^ Does Marvel Comics know that Tribunal Records "borrowed" Doctor Strange for that album cover? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Meliah rage - solitary solitude

just got this album by mail earlier today.

this is supreme american metal.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 pm

^^That's a beast of an album. Every minute, and every riff, counts.

FF, yeah that's fairly obvious lol. Flyin' under the radar I suppose.

That Manta Ray is sweet, great quality for a demo. I may order.

Unc, that Regime is sick. Can't find the UGLY album anywhere for sale. Know of a place? Or a person?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Aska from Texas. Most of their old stuff is quite OOP, but they have some more recent ones out there. the last one was Absolute Power:

Some from their other available albums:

Well peel my tangerines! Looks like they had another one in 2013 and though he sounds different, it's the same vocalist:

Sounds like they topped themselves unless it's just a return to their old stuff which I have never heard. I might need to try and get a hold of this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 pm

I don't believe these guys have been mentioned yet. I think this is from 1991 but still...

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Updated list. I've eliminated Thor due to Unc's claim, which is correct. Also, some of these are turning up as overseas acts: Blazon Stone (Sweden), Atlantean Kodex (Germany), Candle Opera (Canada), and I'm sure there are more, but I haven't traveled the full list yet. Everyone feel free to contest if I'm wrong about any of these. Plus, I can't remember who said Enforcer, but the Enforcer I'm familiar with is the recent act from Sweden. The only US Enforcer is a power-doom group who haven't gone beyond a couple demos. I'll leave them in while waiting for further clarification.

Aaronsod
Apocrypha
Apollo Ra
Armageddon
Armored Saint
Aska
Attacker
Attila
Axehammer
Banshee
Barren Cross
Bitch
Blacklace
Bloodgood
Breaker
Brocas Helm
Cauldron Born
Chastain
Cirith Ungol
Cities
Commander
Crimson Glory
Cruella
Crystavox
Damien
Damien Steele
Damien Thorne
Deadly Blessing
Death Dealer
Distant Thunder
Enforcer
Exxplorer
Fates Warning (80's)
Fear Not
Feinstein
Fifth Angel
Final Axe
Firststrike
Gargoyle
Glacier
Griffin
Hades
Hawaii
Heir Apparent
Hellion
Helstar
Heretic
Hexx
Hittman
Holy Grail
Ion Britton
Jack Starr's Burning Starr
Jacob's Dream
Jag Panzer
K Octave
Keel
Killing Machines
Laaz Rockit (early)
Leatherwolf
Legioned Marcher
Liege Lord
Lizzy Borden
Lords of the Crimson Alliance
Malice
Manilla Road
Manowar
Manta Ray
Mass
Medieval Steel
Meliah Rage
Metal Church
Mystic Force
New Eden
Obsession
Oliver Magnum
Omen
Onward
Oracle (Prodigy)
Phantom X
Pharaoh
Powersurge
Queensryche (early)
Racer X
Ravage
Recon
The Regime
Reverend
Riot
Rival
Rocka Rollas
Ruffians
Ruthless
S.A. Slayer
Sacred Oath
Sacred Warrior
Saint
Sanctuary
Sardonyx
Satan's Host
Savage Grace
Savatage
Scarlet Rayne
Screamer
Sentinel Beast
Seven Witches
Shok Paris
Slauther Xstroyes
Sledge Leather
Solar Eagle
Steeler
Talisphere
Tempest
Tension
The Rods
Throes of Sanity
Thrust
Thruster
Thunder Rider
Titan Force
Titanic
Tsunami
TT Quick
Twisted Tower Dire
Tyrant
Vicious Rumors
Virgin Steele
Volture
Warlord
Warrior
Wild Dogs
WildeStarr
World War III
X-Caliber
Zaxal
Zion Abyss

Last edited by corplhicks on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Bizarrely i have that Powersurge record. It was an afterthought with some other records I was bidding on but in the end it was the only one I won!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 1:53 am

I'm suddenly surprised none of us has been talking Agent Steel, unless I missed a post. Agreed that they belong here?
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:44 am

corplhicks wrote:
Updated list. I've eliminated Thor due to Unc's claim, which is correct. Also, some of these are turning up as overseas acts: Blazon Stone (Sweden), Atlantean Kodex (Germany), Candle Opera (Canada), and I'm sure there are more, but I haven't traveled the full list yet. Everyone feel free to contest if I'm wrong about any of these. Plus, I can't remember who said Enforcer, but the Enforcer I'm familiar with is the recent act from Sweden. The only US Enforcer is a power-doom group who haven't gone beyond a couple demos. I'll leave them in while waiting for further clarification
Perhaps it was En Force?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:30 am

I always thought of Agent Steel as Speed Metal. But, that "line" has been beaten to death on here.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 1:12 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I always thought of Agent Steel as Speed Metal.  But, that "line" has been beaten to death on here.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:11 am

I'll leave them out for now.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:31 am

How come you forgot Lethal?

Also, weren't Fear Not more of a hard rock band? And as far as I'm concerned, Agent Steel can be considered USPM - which is more of a scene/movement than a real genre anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:56 am

Manta ray is awesome. I need to check this band.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:02 am

Short-Fuse wrote:

Good one! This has just had a vinyl re release after years of being really expensive.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 pm

That Powerlord is sweet, I'll throw it in. Good news is at least half of these bands are on Spotify, so I've been able to make a playlist of the essential albums and let it fly on shuffle. Such an incredible subgenre.

Forgot about these guys:

Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Saint
Barren Cross
early Laaz Rockit
Vicious Rumors
Cirith Ungol

Scott , Saint and Barren Cross are fantastic bands but they are "white metal". white metal HATES Metal. I actually think the plan of White Metal was and is KILLING Metal. people like you are an exception. You are a True Metalhead, most White Metal fans aren´t. I Will NEVER return to this "movement".

The message of Jesus Christ is great , but I think you can throw all the rest of the bible on the trash can.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Witches Mark

80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Witches_mark_a_grim_apparition

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
That Powerlord is sweet, I'll throw it in. Good news is at least half of these bands are on Spotify, so I've been able to make a playlist of the essential albums and let it fly on shuffle. Such an incredible subgenre.

Forgot about these guys:

Good call on S.A. Slayer. Also, their album and EP were rereleased this year on Skol Records. Finally!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Forgot about these guys:

Good call on S.A. Slayer.  Also, their album and EP were rereleased this year on Skol Records.  Finally!

I know I was all jazzed to get them last week--SOLD OUT.  Sad Amazon has a couple in stock--for 40 bucks a pop, eesh. I need to email Skol and the distrib to see what's up. I really want that album!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 pm

ze_mau wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Saint
Barren Cross
early Laaz Rockit
Vicious Rumors
Cirith Ungol

Scott , Saint and Barren Cross are fantastic bands but they are "white metal". white metal HATES Metal. I actually think the plan of White Metal was and is KILLING Metal. people like you are an exception. You are a True Metalhead, most White Metal fans aren´t. I Will NEVER return to this "movement".

The message of Jesus Christ is great , but I think you can throw all the rest of the bible on the trash can.

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 80s true American Metal / USPM   80s true American Metal / USPM - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80s true American Metal / USPM
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next