Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead - Aftershock

Go down 
+21
iamrockerfun
ghost
SpectreFate
BillRoxx
Troublezone
journeyman
bass63
cruedevil71
Witchfinder
mc666
mlotek
Boris2008
Wargod
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Red Kitty
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm very much digging the new Motorhead. I mean it's nothing new for them, but I like what they do. :-)

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm very much digging the new Motorhead. I mean it's nothing new for them, but I like what they do. :-)
Yes. Motorhead is always cool. One of the few bands that doesn't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Motorhead aren't reinventing the wheel or anything but it seems the songs on Aftershock click with me more than those on the last album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:36 pm

nevermore wrote:
Motorhead aren't reinventing the wheel or anything but it seems the songs on Aftershock click with me more than those on the last album.
Agree - It's Motorhead... and it's better than the last one, on par with Motorizer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:02 pm

I need to give this one a listen tonight. It seems with recent Motorhead albums about every other one clicks with me, really dug Motorizer but don't remember a thing about The World Is Yours.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Was reading about Motorhead and Lemmy, they canceled the rest of their tour until 2014. Seems Lemmy isn't fully 100% healthy but is on track. He wants to give the fans 100% and not a half ass show. Also Lemmy quit smoking over a year ago and has almost quit drinking which is a good thing.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Very good album and some nice stylistic twists here and there, especially "Dust and Glass". They sound inspired.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 pm

I've actually tried to like Motorhead but Lemmy's vocals kill it for me every time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I've actually tried to like Motorhead but Lemmy's vocals kill it for me every time.
Love Lemmy's voice. Sounds mean and crude, just the way I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Love Lemmy's voice. Sounds mean and crude, just the way I like 'em.
Mean and crude? I would say it sounds more like he's chewing tobacco and choking on it at the same time...Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

I dig a lot of their songs musically though.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
Very good album and some nice stylistic twists here and there, especially "Dust and Glass".  They sound inspired.
That's why I love this album so much. The stylistic twist are great. To me it's the best thing they've done since Bastards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

I think both Sacrifice and We Are Motorhead are better than Bastards, easily the best since WAM however.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think both Sacrifice and We Are Motorhead are better than Bastards, easily the best since WAM however.
Both are great albums. Something about Bastards has always stuck a chord with me. My buddy Michael Hannon of American Dog loves that album also.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:56 am

Iconic hard rock band MOTÖRHEAD will reissue its 21st studio album, "Aftershock", via UDR/Motörhead Music on July 29 in North America under the title "Aftershock - Tour Edition". The CD was helmed by longtime producer Cameron Webb (MEGADETH, DISTURBED). The expanded edition will contain a bonus live CD — also recorded by Webb — consisting of live material comprised from the band's historic appearances in early 2014.

In further celebration of the reissue, UDR/Motörhead Music will release a video for the song "Lost Woman Blues", filmed live at The Warfield in San Francisco on April 18, 2014.

"Aftershock – Tour Edition" track listing:

01. Heartbreaker
02. Coup De Grace
03. Lost Woman Blues
04. End Of Time
05. Do You Believe
06. Death Machine
07. Dust And Glass
08. Going To Mexico
09. Silence When You Speak To Me
10. Crying Shame
11. Queen Of The Damned
12. Knife
13. Keep Your Powder Dry
14. Paralyzed

Bonus Live CD Track Listing

01. Damage Case
02. Stay Clean
03. I Know How To Die
04. Metropolis
05. Over The Top
06. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
07. Rock It
08. Lost Woman Blues
09. Doctor Rock
10. Just 'Cos You Got The Power
11. Going To Brazil
12. Killed By Death
13. Ace Of Spades
14. Overkill

Nice set-list, but I don't see me re-buying the same album just for a live cd. Lame.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Yeah, I'll pass too. I bought the Best Buy version w/the bonus DVD last year, that'll do me fine.

...and now that I think about it, I still haven't watched the DVD that came with it Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:34 pm

bass63 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Both are great albums. Something about Bastards has always stuck a chord with me. My buddy Michael Hannon of American Dog loves that album also.

bastards was my true introduction to motorhead.

I consider it as one of their best works  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Iconic hard rock band MOTÖRHEAD will reissue its 21st studio album, "Aftershock", via UDR/Motörhead Music on July 29 in North America under the title "Aftershock - Tour Edition". The CD was helmed by longtime producer Cameron Webb (MEGADETH, DISTURBED). The expanded edition will contain a bonus live CD — also recorded by Webb — consisting of live material comprised from the band's historic appearances in early 2014.

In further celebration of the reissue, UDR/Motörhead Music will release a video for the song "Lost Woman Blues", filmed live at The Warfield in San Francisco on April 18, 2014.

"Aftershock – Tour Edition" track listing:

01. Heartbreaker
02. Coup De Grace
03. Lost Woman Blues
04. End Of Time
05. Do You Believe
06. Death Machine
07. Dust And Glass
08. Going To Mexico
09. Silence When You Speak To Me
10. Crying Shame
11. Queen Of The Damned
12. Knife
13. Keep Your Powder Dry
14. Paralyzed

Bonus Live CD Track Listing

01. Damage Case
02. Stay Clean
03. I Know How To Die
04. Metropolis
05. Over The Top
06. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
07. Rock It
08. Lost Woman Blues
09. Doctor Rock
10. Just 'Cos You Got The Power
11. Going To Brazil
12. Killed By Death
13. Ace Of Spades
14. Overkill

Nice set-list, but I don't see me re-buying the same album just for a live cd. Lame.

Well, considering I already have the CD/DVD combo as well as the black vinyl version AND the picture disc version, I think I'll pass. Haha!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Considering Lemmy's age & health, we can expect the record companies to squeeze out every last drop of blood out of them before the inevitable happens. Then they can crank out even more re-issues, re-releases, long-lost recordings, tribute albums, limited-editions, etc.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Considering Lemmy's age & health, we can expect the record companies to squeeze out every last drop of blood out of them before the inevitable happens. Then they can crank out even more re-issues, re-releases, long-lost recordings, tribute albums, limited-editions, etc.

Heck, they already have a post-Lemmy death (most likely on stage) 5 year release plan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Aftershock   Motorhead - Aftershock - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead - Aftershock
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3