Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead - Another Perfect Day

Go down 
+10
Selvmord
nevermore
TrogDawn
MetalGuy71
mc666
krokus
Hamer12
zombiewalkin
Olafsto
ultmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:32 am

I like this album quite a lot, actually. It's cool to hear a different side of Motorhead. I think Robbo added a nice flavour to the sound. Many of intros and interludes have almost psychedelic trances to them.

Thoughts on this album?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:00 am

LOVE this album. It was an odd pairing but it worked for that one album.

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:46 am

ultmetal wrote:

Any idea if Robbo is/was actually proud or satisfied with the album?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:51 am

One of my favorite Motorhead albums.
I remember how everyone hated Brian Robertson back in the day. Guess things didn`t work out that well live, but that album is killer!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:06 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Any idea if Robbo is/was actually proud or satisfied with the album?

No idea. I know that he was a royal pain in the butt when he was in the band. He refused to play most of Motorhead's old material and give into the look that Motorhead were known for. I remember when that record came out, people hated it. I was a huge Thin Lizzy and Motorhead fan, so I loved it. I understood why people didn't like Robbo's attitude, but the music was great regardless of the attitude.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:12 pm

I agree Ult regardless of the problems Robbo and Lemmy seemed to have they released a fine fine album.

My best friend who now lives in Texas, is a huge Motorhead fan. He has this album cover tatooed on his back.........his ENTIRE back.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:32 pm

One of my favorite Motorhead releases.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Did anyone see the recently (2006) released Thin Lizzy tribute that Gary Moore released on DVD? Robbo makes a guest appearance, as does Scott Gorham and Eric Bell. Scott and Eric sound great. Robbo sounds terrible. Not sure what the deal was, but he certainly wasn't up to the task for that show.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I love ANOTHER PERFECT DAY too. This is a album shows that LEMMY have class even if he always screams NO CLASS.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Another Perfect Day has always been a sorely underrated album. i think it stands right up there with any other Motorhead release.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:06 pm

Another Perfect Day was one of the last Motorhead studio albums I needed to complete my collection, so while I haven't lived with this one as long as some of the others, I can say it fits in nicely with the rest of their catalog. Besides, it's Motohead. Like pizza or sex, even when it's bad, it's still good.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Besides, it's Motohead. Like pizza or sex, even when it's bad, it's still good.

humble
Could not have said it better myself....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:33 am

A classic, one of their most underrated albums!...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
Ditto. And it sounds just like what you think it would - Motorhead with Thin Lizzy's guitar sound. Motorhead - Another Perfect Day 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:11 am

I love this album!! Very underrated, if not the most underrated album in the Motorhead catalog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:11 pm

nevermore wrote:
Very underrated, if not the most underrated album in the Motorhead catalog.

That's "Rock N' Roll" in my opinion... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:00 am

It's OK. Better than "March Or Die" that's for sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 6:45 am

Selvmord wrote:

I think March Or Die is a really cool album, actually. Granted, it's not prime Motorhead, but it's got that cool retro early-90s radio-friendly metal sound that I think is actually kinda cool (e.g. No More Tears, Black Album, Countdown to Extinction, No Prayer For The Dying). Simple songs, yes. Heavy production, oh ya!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:36 am

Another Perfect Day is one of my favorite Motörhead albums. I loved this one from the day it was released. I didn't understood in these days why people didn't like it. In the last years it became more credit by the fans. They celebrate Shine or I Got Mine in their live sets.

Anyhow, as said before Biran did not fit in the band, but the music worked well.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:29 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Selvmord wrote:

I think March Or Die is a really cool album, actually. Granted, it's not prime Motorhead, but it's got that cool retro early-90s radio-friendly metal sound that I think is actually kinda cool (e.g. No More Tears, Black Album, Countdown to Extinction, No Prayer For The Dying). Simple songs, yes. Heavy production, oh ya!

Too comercial for my taste. And I love Motorhead....
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Glad I looked this up - on search - I'm buying it Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Glower wrote:
Glad I looked this up - on search - I'm buying it Smile

You won't be disappointed as it's a great album. Motorhead - Another Perfect Day 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 6:49 pm

My favorite Motorhead album, a classic.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
My favorite Motorhead album, a classic.  

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead - Another Perfect Day   Motorhead - Another Perfect Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead - Another Perfect Day
Page 1 of 1