Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
manny
tohostudios
brokentulsa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Empty
PostSubject: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night 51-P87dfJHL._SL500_AA280_

I always loved this album. I bought the cassette back when it was first released and recently tracked down and purchased the cd. It was like old times again. What was everyone else thoughts on this record....

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:25 pm

One of my favorite BOC albums!

I love Take Me Away, Veins, Let Go and Dragon Lady. But for me Shooting Shark is the highlight. It's just "different" from the rest of the album The only track I skip is the last one (the name of which I can't even remember due to all the skippage.)

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:07 pm

a few really good songs, though as a whole it's not one of the better BOC albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:14 pm

I never bought it and still have not to this very day. I need to add it to my want list but I do remember being disappointed with the song 'Shooting Shark' as a young lad, now I enjoy the tune.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Have not spun that one in a while. I need to dig it out and give it a spin. I remember liking it alright.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Great album from a great band. My favorite BOC albums are the first three -they have a supernatural essence to them and the songwriting is impeccable.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:25 pm

I only ever remember Take Me Away, a song I really enjoy. I'd like to give this one a full listen.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:37 pm

I always liked Take Me Away and Shooting Shark. I need to spin this album again.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:21 pm

I have always really loved this album. And it's funny to think that BOC were such a staple on early MTV. Music videos really did sell records in those days. I'll also say I love Club Ninja too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Thelemech wrote:
My favorite BOC albums are the first three -they have a supernatural essence to them and the songwriting is impeccable.
That is my favorite era as well, the first 3 studio albums and the essential "On Your Feet Or On Your Knees" live album.

I still enjoy quite a bit of their later albums, but will always gravitate toward their earlier, more adventurous era.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:11 pm

The first three and On Your Feet are awesome! But I also love Cultösaurus Erectus and Fire of Unknown Origin.

PostSubject: Re: Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night   Revisit BOC  The Revolution By Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revisit BOC The Revolution By Night
Page 1 of 1