Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution

Go down 
+3
Glower
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 12:45 am

Just found out that one of my favourite bands has just released a new studio album.

Great, another cd to purchase at a time when deliveries have never been slower  angry.

But i will definitely be getting this one.

Sampled this track on YouTube, which sounds fantastic:

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 12:53 am

Been a sereal fan boy since I found Night of the Blade in a decrepit cellar in St Paul, MN in 1984. Got to meet the guys when they were rehearsing for 1000 Men Strong in Detroit. The had plans to tour everywhere but it all fell apart apparently. FLIPPED THE F OUT when the original band got back together for Unbroken. Have been buds with Andy Boulton since the beginning of the interweb. Absolutely thrilled the originals are doing it again to thrill us hardcores!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 7:54 am

Everyone, who digs metal, knows this band.
Early 80s - with Japanese flags for logos ? Come on.
They never got much love though.
As if destined to be an opening band for major acts in concert.
Maybe that’s what drove them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:31 am

They are very good. Along with UK' s Marshall Law, they are two underrated bands.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Gilbert wrote:
They are very good. Along with UK' s Marshall Law, they are two underrated bands.

Agreed. I found a Tokyo Blade cassette for a dollar last summer, in mint condition, at a record store on the Cape while vacationing. It's "No Remorse" and I know it's not the original/ classic line up, but I like it. I have the early stuff on my want list. As for Marshall Law, I ran across the S/T on youtube a couple years back and really dug it. I finally scored it on CD last year, and I have the "Power Crazy" ep coming in next week on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 10:15 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Agreed. I found a Tokyo Blade cassette for a dollar last summer, in mint condition, at a record store on the Cape while vacationing. It's "No Remorse" and I know it's not the original/ classic line up, but I like it. I have the early stuff on my want list. As for Marshall Law, I ran across the S/T on youtube a couple years back and really dug it. I finally scored it on CD last year, and I have the "Power Crazy" ep coming in next week on vinyl.

No Remorse was the first TB cd that i got back in the early 2000's and it is a great album. Still ranks among my favourites.

Marshall Law's releases are all pretty solid. Highly recommended. Their live album is also amazing headbanger.

Here's one of my favourite ML songs:

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Glower wrote:

"If Heaven is Hell" is one of the best Tokyo Blade songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 11:21 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Glower wrote:

"If Heaven is Hell" is one of the best Tokyo Blade songs.

It's probably one of the most memorable songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 11:35 pm

I also discussed Tokyo Blade's album Night of the Blade in a video on my YouTube channel a couple of years ago:

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

No Remorse was the first TB cd that i got back in the early 2000's and it is a great album. Still ranks among my favourites.

Marshall Law's releases are all pretty solid. Highly recommended. Their live album is also amazing headbanger.

I bought that on Monday. It should be here pretty soon. I also got my Power Crazy EP in today and they sent me a CD instead of a vinyl. Ughh! I just emailed them. politely, and included a screenshot of the listing for a vinyl. So, we will see. I am happy to keep building the Marshall Law collection. Is Razorhead any good? I see it for pretty affordable prices.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 11:22 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I bought that on Monday. It should be here pretty soon. I also got my Power Crazy EP in today and they sent me a CD instead of a vinyl. Ughh! I just emailed them. politely, and included a screenshot of the listing for a vinyl. So, we will see. I am happy to keep building the Marshall Law collection. Is Razorhead any good? I see it for pretty affordable prices.

Yes it is. One of their heaviest releases. I hope these guys would reunite for a new album.

Try buying their live album. Andy Pyke's performance on this one is perfect headbanger.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Thank you, brother, I will look it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Ordered the new Tokyo Blade earlier today on Amazon UK. Should be here in about 6 to 8 weeks.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Cool! On a somewhat related note, I just bought the 3 Agent Steel albums I am missing from a dude for $25 shipped! Pretty psyched.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 11:47 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Cool! On a somewhat related note, I just bought the 3 Agent Steel albums I am missing from a dude for $25 shipped! Pretty psyched.

Great purchase. I own of all Agent Steel's discography. I highly recommend you check out Masters of Metal in case you haven't. Great band formed by members of Agent Steel.

I own the band's ep and debut album. Excellent stuff headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 1:51 am

I have been spinning the new Tokyo Blade for a couple of weeks now and it's excellent. Anyone else got it yet?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 3:51 am

Here's one of the best tracks:

I tell you: if you don't own this album yet, you are truly missing out.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 5:07 am

I am not familiar with Tokyo Blade, but Marshall Law is great from what I've heard. I've got Razorhead (very good, HEAVY, Jugulator-ish) and a Best Of compilation CD called Power Crazy (not the same as the EP Power Crazy)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 6:36 am

Lari wrote:
I am not familiar with Tokyo Blade, but Marshall Law is great from what I've heard. I've got Razorhead (very good, HEAVY, Jugulator-ish) and a Best Of compilation CD called Power Crazy (not the same as the EP Power Crazy)

Both bands are really worth adding to your collection. TB are among the top NWOBHM groups.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I have been spinning the new Tokyo Blade for a couple of weeks now and it's excellent. Anyone else got it yet?
I too have had this release in my collection for a number weeks. It was good on the first spin, very good for the next few listens, and now it is one of my favorite purchases of 2020 as each play through makes me feel dang happy to be a metalhead. Kind of how Unbroken grabbed me in 2018.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 11:16 pm

metalken wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I too have had this release in my collection for a number weeks. It was good on the first spin, very good for the next few listens, and now it is one of my favorite purchases of 2020 as each play through makes me feel dang happy to be a metalhead. Kind of how Unbroken grabbed me in 2018.  

Tokyo Blade have been on fire since they came back with Thousand Men Strong. Each release is better than its predecessor.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 7:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
metalken wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Tokyo Blade have been on fire since they came back with Thousand Men Strong. Each release is better than its predecessor.

There are NO bad Andy Boulton releases. Throw in Mr Ice and Pumphouse? F it. One of the sincerely most underrrated band in metal history. I am friendly with this particular cat. No starf'ing here. But, he invited me to Detroit when theyk were recording 1000 Men. It fell apart, but he still sends me demos for my opinion, which, I think is pretty cool.

I wish I could designate one Pillar of the Tokyo Blade discography. But, with the Vic Wright/Alan Marsh thing that happened with Night of the Blade [which, to me, meant TWO KICK ASS ALBUMS IN ONE!!!!!], the line up and record company bullshit has diluted the name. These last two with the original lineup are really really damn good. Are they the first two? No. B ut, a killer comeback and I hail them for being cool to their fans in this way.

Now.....Just go get Warriors of the Rising Sun. Two LP set that will kick your ass.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 1:30 am

Even No Remorse, which is barely a TB album, is actually awesome.

This band is truly underrated.

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution   Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Blade: Dark Revolution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: