Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!

Go down 
+15
jstate
Lari
thejokeriv
chewie
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
Addy
jettafiend
corplhicks
bgsully
Wurthless
80s Metal Lady
mc666
MetalRob331
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Empty
PostSubject: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:14 pm

This list is something I think about daily...  This could change tomorrow but as of right now this is my Top 10 albums of ALL TIME!!!

#1  Silverchair - Frogstomp....The album that got me into guitar)  Still to this day I can stick this on repeat and never get tired of it..  These guys fell under grunge but were heavier than anything grunge was doing at that time and they were only young teenagers...

#2 Raintime - Psychromatic..This album is everything I look for in METAL.. Melody, groove, progressive, and musicianship...

#3 Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion.. If you ask me this is the Power Metal masterpiece of all time.. MELODY MELODY MELODY and just sing along after sing along.. O it also helps that Nils Norberg is playing guitar and Jonny is singing headbanger 

#4 Alter Bridge - Blackbird.... Anyone that knows me knows my love for Mark Tremonti.. That guy is the guitar player I could only dream of being.. Melodic, technical, and he writes killer songs, the latter being the one that separates him from most all modern guitar players...

#5 Pro-Pain - Contents Under Pressure...Beginning to end this album is what I wanted my band to sound like when I was trying to make a name for myself as a teenager.  Needless to say that didn't work out haha...

#6 Iced Earth - Something Wicked this way Comes... I bought their albums based off of their album covers and I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!!  Matt Barlow's low almost Stanleyesque voice still gives me chills....

#7 Pagans Mind - Enigmatic Calling... The best Power/Prog album EVER IMO... Heavy, melodic, and just insane musically.. Jorn Lofstad on guitar makes this album something I will never ever get tired of listening to...

#8 Evergrey - Recreation Day... Tom Englund's vocals, soaring atmospheric and almost haunting melodies surrounded by crushing heavy grooves and dark powerful lyrics make this album a constant listen..

#9 Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World...Might be lyrically the most amazing thing I've ever heard.. Musically these guys musicianship wise are just as good as anyone out there.. Just have a listen to Van Williams on drums and Jeff Loomis on guitar...

#10 Overkill - From the Undergrounds and Below... I had to come back and edit this bcuz I felt I was missing something and lord was I ever. This beast of an album lived in my cd player for months and months and months. The heaviness mixed with the groove and the killer melodicness makes this an easy choice and I could put it higher but it's easier to just edit number 10...

#10 Metallica - Master of Puppets... This album to me got me into the downstroking guitar player I am to this day.  It's fast, it's melodic, and just full of power and energy...The album that pointed me into more aggressive metal...

Some albums that I could of put on here are...

Megadeth - Youthanasia
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping
Stuck Mojo - Pigwalk
Mercenary - The Hours that Remain
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
Pissing Razors - Cast Down the Plague
Therion - Vovin
Masterplan - Aeronautics
Hammerfall - Renegade
Excalion - Waterlines
Machine Head - Burn my Eyes
Flaw - Endangered Species
Breaking Benjamin - We are not Alone

and so on hahaha!!!!

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
This list is something I think about daily...  This could change tomorrow but as of right now this is my Top 10 albums of ALL TIME!!!
You should separate this unto it's own thread.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
You should separate this unto it's own thread.
Im confused as to what you mean LOL....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Ooops, don't post while drinking. Sorry.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
Ooops, don't post while drinking. Sorry.
I think you thought this was in my Top 10 Debuts? HAHAHA!! No worries Smile
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Alter Bridge's Blackbird is one of my all-time favorite albums, too.  Maybe not top 10 for me, but definitely top 40.

This is my list (hard to stop at 10)

1. Ammonia Avenue Alan Parsons Project
2. Homecoming America
3. File Under: Easy Listening Sugar
4. Flesh + Blood Roxy Music
5. Dance Gary Numan
6. Duke Genesis
7. Ferment Catherine Wheel
8. Music From The Elder KISS
9. Bloodletting Concrete Blonde
10. Rage In Eden Ultravox
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:10 pm

There would definitely be some Yes, King Crimson, Steely Dan, Queensrÿche, Maiden, Fates Warning, and Townes Van Zandt on there. It'd just be terribly difficult to just narrow it down to ten.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:36 pm

right now?.....

Sepultura - Arise
Metallica - AJFA
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Teramaze - Anhedonia
Bloodgood - Detonation
Living Sacrifice - THP
Deliverance - s/t
Metal Church - the Dark
Tourniquet - MVOATR
Believer - SO
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:14 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Alter Bridge's Blackbird is one of my all-time favorite albums, too.  Maybe not top 10 for me, but definitely top 40.

This is my list (hard to stop at 10)

1. Ammonia Avenue Alan Parsons Project
2. Homecoming America
3. File Under: Easy Listening Sugar
4. Flesh + Blood Roxy Music
5. Dance Gary Numan
6. Duke Genesis
7. Ferment Catherine Wheel
8. Music From The Elder KISS
9. Bloodletting Concrete Blonde
10. Rage In Eden Ultravox
Awesome headbanger  and I love me some Concrete Blonde... Johnette N.  has a killer voice and I always loved James guitar playing..  That album still gets daily plays from me as well as Mexican Moon...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:06 am

10. um...

This is gonna take some thinking. I'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 am

corplhicks wrote:
10. um...

This is gonna take some thinking. I'll get back to you.
Don't worry it took me almost an hour to post hahaha.. My gf was like "what the hell are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:38 am

This will change almost daily but here goes:

Stryper - Against the Law
Barren Cross - Rattle Your Cage
Die Happy - Vol II
Ultimatum - Puppet of Destruction
Metal Church - The Dark
RedSea - S/t
Undercover - Balance of Power
Grave Robber - You're All Gonna die
Theocracy - As the World Bleeds
Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:55 am

Okay, let's do this...

10. Fear Not - s/t
-Currently OOP Christian Metal (you can check it out on youtube). I destroyed this CD from listening to it so much (and was an idiot to lend it to someone and never see it again). Kept me walking straight as a teen while shit was going on, kept me from killing myself, you all know the drill.

9. Skid Row - Slave to the Grind
-I actually can't listen to this anymore. This is the most-played album of my entire life. I learned all the guitar, memorized lyrics, and tried so hard to emulate Bach's vox (to no avail). I know this record like the back of my hand. It's stamped in my memory. Thus, the listening experience has diminished to nothing. Nevertheless, it belongs here. Its got a menacing bite.

8. Dream Theater - Awake
-I've talked about this one to death in other threads; all I can say is it kicks I&W's majestic ass and has never been topped--or equaled--by the band since.

7. Rush - 2112
-I actually heard and fell in love with Moving Pictures before this one, so it was a really shocking experience. The most important prog I've ever heard. The tough thing about putting this one here is that the side B songs, while good, are kind of underwhelming to me. It's kind of like having the best, most epic sex of your life and then following it up with decent sex, even though you're exhausted from the first epic round.

6. Led Zeppelin - II
-One of my first vinyls, found in a destroyed cover and with a thousand scratches. I played that shit well into the night, over and over. What really did it for me was Plant's vocals. It's like he was slaying armies with every note. Still the hardest blues for me to this day.

5. Deep Purple - Made in Japan
-I still get dizzy when listening to this. There's a certain purity in this album--especially considering the lack of overdubs--and its tone that's unmatched. I remember crying to Child in Time, both in the solo and Ian's wailing. And the extended Space Truckin jam was so hot that I never really listened to the studio cut on Machine Head. Best live album, ever.

4. Black Sabbath - s/t
-Scared the shit out of me. First Sabbath album I heard. First time I pissed my pants while listening to music. I remember thinking it would be a miracle making it to the end of the album alive.

3. Megadeth - Peace Sells
- I heard this one late; funny thing is I thought Megadeth's catalog jumped from Killing to Rust because I was late in the game with thrash. When I finally did hear it, I was amazed because I was so used to Countdown to Extinction. Peace Sells was so different and unorthodox, and Dave had more rage in his voice than ever. Most important thrash album to me, even when considering bands like Overkill and Slayer.

2. Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
-Quite simply the most consistent record in the history of heavy metal. Every song, for me at least, carries equal weight, and there's not one that I prefer over the other. It's a tight, economical package with nothing but greatness throughout, and Rob sounds like he's about to kill someone. The most intense studio album in the Priest catalog, and one that I was glued to throughout.

1. TIE: Van Halen- I/Steely Dan - Aja
Shit, this was way too much work. I honestly can't decide between these two. VH: my top band, my top guitarist, and just as much consistency as Screaming for Vengeance...except for Running with the Devil. That song never stuck with me; I don't really get why it's so huge when it's the least of the album. Otherwise, this is sort of like Slave to the Grind where I've destroyed any replay value the album holds, but nonetheless it is part of me and I've even asked to be cremated with a copy of the original vinyl when I go. AJA: lounge-pop-jazz-rock at its finest--and only--hour. I still have yet to hear anything that remotely resembles this album's genius methods of fusion, and I've been doing the research for 15 years now. This is my martini and smokes album, the one that I fell asleep to while homeless in my truck at some random Wal-Mart parking lot, the one that went with me to several California destination when I had no place to lay my head. This is the vagabond's greatest album, or perhaps the beatnik's or the sentinel's or the prospector's. It's sex. It's the f*cking most gorgeous velvet I've ever tasted, a drug, a habit, summer and spring and your favorite spot at the Malibu pier when sunset comes around for the whales to do their distance dance for your viewing pleasure.

Good karma to whoever made it through all this bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 am

Mine changes almost daily in one fashion, Its funny to hear Silverchair now they sound nothing like they did in those first 3 albums

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 am

Mine would be pointless, too many great records.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 am

Addy wrote:
Mine changes almost daily in one fashion, Its funny to hear Silverchair now they sound nothing like they did in those first 3 albums

HAHAH, yea... It's almost like electronica and it depresses me Sad 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am

Ooh, this is gonna take a good minute to put mine together.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:19 am

Impossible.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 am

S.D. wrote:
Impossible.
I thought so too, so I just put the albums I have listened to the most on there.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

My problem with lists like this is that I've been listening to music obsessively for the past 37 years give or take and "favorite albums" have changed countless times. When I was a pre-teen I played KISS Alive! almost every day, would it make my list now? Not a chance. If you asked me in 1986 I might have said Master Of Puppets, that album would most likely make my top 500 list now but nowhere near the top 10.

However, the term "all-time" means to me that I have to pay attention to those albums that played an important part in various stages of my life. If I just picked my ten favorite albums right now off the top of my head I'd feel like I was cheating.

I'm insane. Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am

Well damn hahaha!!  Just do it to do it..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:01 pm

I can't do it either!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:08 pm

manny wrote:
I can't do it either!!!
Yep. Personally, I think if you can successfully pick a Top 10 then you haven't explored nearly enough music. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
manny wrote:
I can't do it either!!!
Yep.  Personally, I think if you can successfully pick a Top 10 then you haven't explored nearly enough music.  Very Happy 
I'm currently exploring the jazz and exotica/space-age pop genres(and I also dip my toes a few times a year into classical music)..... I couldn't do a top 10 right now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
manny wrote:
I can't do it either!!!
Yep.  Personally, I think if you can successfully pick a Top 10 then you haven't explored nearly enough music.  Very Happy 
You have known me for years, you know I will listen to the Monkees one week and Napalm Death the next!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!   My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of ALL TIME!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next