Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time

Go down 
+10
James B.
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
akeldama
Schbopo
manny
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Empty
PostSubject: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:58 pm

I am going to attempt my top 15 debut albums, opinions, comments, disagreements and posting your own list is more than welcome.

1)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time The_doors

Anyone who knows me, knows what a huge Doors fan I am. Even if I set that aside this album is an incredible work of art. Combining Jim Morrison's poetry and crooning vocal style, married to guitarist Robby Krieger flamingo jazz flavored playing, Ray Manzarek's circus like organ and the underrated drum stylings of John Densmore's pseudo bossa nova beat, this album was an incredible debut that still stands out 40 plus years after its release, nowhere close to the end for these legends.

2)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Jimi-hendrix-are-you-experienced-edicion-americana-reprise-1967-karl-ferris

In a year of incredible albums being released, the Jimi Hendrix Experience changed everything over night. Suddenly alot of guitar players started to play the tuba in fustration. Hendrix revolutionized the way the guitar was approached, even contemporaries such as Clapton and Beck took notice. 3 years later Hendrix was gone, thankfully the music is forever.

4)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Black%20Sabbath%20-%20Black%20Sabbath

Along with 'Led Zeppelin II' and Deep Purple 'In Rock' this is the album that you can trace the birth of heavy metal. Giving metal its signature image and sound, no band sounded or looked like Black Sabbath. One of the most important albums in rock history.

4)
Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Iron_Maiden_%28album%29_cover

Out of the bands that busted out of NWOBHM, Iron Maiden had their sound and image cemented from day one. Original vocalist Paul Dianno's raspier vocals had more a punk attitude then a metal attitude. This album, unlike alot of albums that came out during this era still sounds modern and fresh.

5)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Album_KISS-Kiss

We have already talked about this album, but still think it is a great album and love the lack of production values on this album. Think it adds to the rawness.

6)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Album-The-Sex-Pistols-Never-Mind-the-Bollocks-Heres-the-Sex-Pistols

Maybe it is a smart ass move to include the only studio album they ever properly released but I love this album. Johnny Rotten's spewing bile on everything from the Royal Familiy, to b!tching about record company politics and ripoffs, to posers in the punk scene, Rotten's lyrics where head of their time and Steve Jones double tracked guitar riffs holding everything together.

7)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Blizzardcover

When this album was released, metal fans where not expecting much, after all Ozzy was not known as the creative genius of Black Sabbath. When this was first released in 1980, fans knew there was life left in the drunken bastard and the world discovered a new guitar hero Randy Rhoads.

Cool

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Metallica_kill_em_all_45

This debut sounds like it was recorded of a budget of ten bucks and some change, despite this, this album launched a heavy metal revolution and still sounds better than that million dollar turd 'St. Anger'

9)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time B00005JGAB.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_

When this debut was first released in 1976, alot of critics and fans hated it, a great sign that you have one of the greatest debut in your sweaty hands. Who needs guitar solos, social messages, production values, and concept albums, when you have 3 chords and truth you have the essence of real rock n roll.

10)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Stooges_st

This debut album released in 1969 was somewhat ahead of its time, predating punk, alternative and heavy metal by a few years. Iggy Pop and merry band of Stooges where more tuneful then they were given credit for and where better songwriters then they were given their due.

11)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Cover

Once a upon time Ted Nugent was known as a musician and not as a mouth piece for the far right wing of the Republican Party. It is nice to remember a time when the music really did the talking and this stunning debut reminds us why Terrible Ted is such an important artist.

12)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 8b2aa5cac44a

Over the last two decades Aerosmith has been a smooth making hit making pop metal making machine. Each album since 1987's Permanent Vacation" has taken them further and further from their Rolling Stones and The Yardbirds inspired roots. Creem magazine back in the day declared them America's British metal band. While no one today would classify them as a metal band, it is good to revisit this stunning debut, which features some great songs no matter what genre you want to classify them.

13)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Van-halen-van-halen

Not since Hendrix has another guitarist made such an impact on their debut album as Eddie Van Halen. Besides featuring a bad ass guitartist, this album was also the party album of the decade lead by ringleader and court jester David Lee Roth.

14)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time The_clash

This raw punk debut from the Clash was alot more primitive sounding from the albums that would follow. What this album showcased some of the best songs to emerge from the short lived punk rock explosion of the 70's.

15)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Pj_ten

Rising from the ashes of Mother Love Bone, this debut album would help ignite the short lived so called grunge movement. What this band did not forget about their this much over hyped event, that you need to bring good songs to the party if you want to last past five minutes. Still one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Once again, FANTASTIC list. I have all of those except the Aerosmith and Ramones ones. Here's mine, in no particular order;

The Doors-s/t
AC/DC-High Voltage
Heart-Dreamboat Annie
Head East-Flat as a Pancake
Devo-Q: Are We Not Men?
Van Halen-s/t
Primus-Frizzle Fry
MC5-Kick out the Jams
Twisted Sister-Under the Blade
Moby Grape-s/t
Diamond Head-Lightning to the Nations
The Police-Outlandos d' Amour
King Crimson-In The Court of the Crimson King
Jonathan Edwards-s/t
Iron Butterfly-Heavy
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Here's mine in no particular order

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble-Texas Flood
Montrose-S/T
Ramones-S/T
Captain Beyond-S/T
Ultra-S/T
Kiss-S/T
Jimi Hendrix Experience-Are You Experienced?
Black Sabbath-S/T
Ozzy Osbourne-Blizzard Of Ozz
Bob Marley & The Wailers-Catch A Fire
Van Halen-S/T
AC/DC-High Voltage
Motley Crue-Too Fast For Love
Megadeth-Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!
The Tea Party-Splendor Solis
The Police-Outlandos d' Amour

(OK so I put 16)
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:16 pm

akeldama wrote:

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 206547 I had no idea that was their debut! Oh well, I'll just make that a #16 pick.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 206547 I had no idea that was their debut! Oh well, I'll just make that a #16 pick.

Well, It wasn't per se, but it was their "major label debut"! Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Cool topic!

Since this in not in the metal forum, I'll list both metal - and non metal albums.

INPO:

Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell
Metallica - Kill Em All
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Bloodgood - Bloodgood
Barren Cross - Rock for the King
Bride - Show No Mercy
X-Sinner - Get It
Whitecross - Whitecross
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:50 pm

GREAT list!!!! I will have to through in my picks tomorrow or the next day. Nice to see the inclusion of The Sex Pistols - great album that influenced many.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:48 am

akeldama wrote:

Montrose-S/T

That was one of the few I was looking for on Manny's list that I didn't see. Good lists!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:17 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Montrose-S/T

That was one of the few I was looking for on Manny's list that I didn't see. Good lists!

So many debuts I left off my lists, among them is Montrose (which you mentioned), Queen, Danzig and many others.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 am

No Boston or The Cars?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 am

tohostudios wrote:
No Boston or The Cars?

I am a Boston fan but not a major fan and as far as The Cars I am only aware of their singles.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:29 am

You know the Ramones pick gets a thumbs up from me, Manny. Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_lol

Totally in your corner on those Metallica, KISS, Maiden and Aerosmith picks too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am

Some of my personal favorites.....

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Image1-5
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Silverchair - Frogstomp
Breaking Benjamin - Saturate
Metallica - Kill Em All
Boston - S/T
Pro-Pain - Foul Taste of Freedom
Stuck Mojo - Snappin Necks
Alter Bridge - One Day Remains
Creed - My Own Prison
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Skid Row - S/T
Dream Evil - Dragonslayer
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced
Weezer - Blue Album
Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Korn - S/t
Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of The Fist
Flaw - Through The Eyes
Candlebox - S/t

theres 18 off the top of my head.....
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Yup, The Cars-S/T & Danzig-S/T coulda, shoulda made my list.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12750

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:15 pm

kinda/sorta in order ?

Zeppelin
The Allman Brothers Band
Van Halen
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Appetite For Destruction
The Michael Schenker Group
Kill Em' All
Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
Quicksilver Messenger Service
The Ulra-Violence
Aerosmith (featuring "Dream On")
Are You Experinced
Boston
KISS

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Thats a good Doors album Manny
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:38 am

I have also always been a big fan of The Cars self-titled debut.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 am

...and, of course, The Smiths self-titled debut. I am listening to it, actually, as I write this.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:40 pm

All those lists suck without Ronnie James!!!!!!!

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Headbang Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 877540 Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 918552 Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Halford Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 669452

Ah, they don't really suck....but no Dio?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:43 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Headbang Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 877540 Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 918552 Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Halford Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 669452

Ah, they don't really suck....but no Dio?

You aint kidding!!! I can't believe I forgot "Holy Diver"!!!

Good call!

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time 918552
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Fine, Scott

16)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Dio-holy-diver-front

After being fired from Black Sabbath, Dio forms a great band that is the same goth like metal tradition in the tradition of Rainbow. Also special mention should go to Vivian Campbell an excellent axe master.

17)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Cover_53512692009

Featuring the combination of two metal legends Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio, creating a masterpiece and serving as lyrically inspiration for every power metal that ever walked God's green earth. Stellar album and stunning debut.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Not in order, but:

KISS
Iron Maiden
Sex Pistols
Van Halen
Metallica
Jimi Hendrix
Black Sabbath
Ozzy

Def Leppard - CLASSIC NWOFHM platter!!!!!

Ratt - Out Of The Celler - YES I KNOW they had an EP before, but this is top debut ALBUMS and the EP didn't receive wide release until OOTC hit big

King's X - OUt Of The Silent Planet - MONSTER debut album!!!

Trouble - Psalm 9 - I am suprised no one mention this classic, classic metal release!!!

Exodus - Bonded By Blood - They still haven't been albe to top this awesome thrash-terpiece!!!!

Mercyful Fate - Melissa - Once again, debut ALBUM (nuns have no fun as a limited release EP not LP) - the amazing introduction of King Diamond & Company to the world!!!!

Rage Against The Machine - they blended metal with spoken vocals and created an angry, pissed off, rebellious masterpiece

AND FOR GOOD MEASURE

Skid Row - This one just ROCKS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:51 pm

manny wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Fine, Scott

16)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Dio-holy-diver-front

After being fired from Black Sabbath, Dio forms a great band that is the same goth like metal tradition in the tradition of Rainbow. Also special mention should go to Vivian Campbell an excellent axe master.

17)

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Cover_53512692009

Featuring the combination of two metal legends Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio, creating a masterpiece and serving as lyrically inspiration for every power metal that ever walked God's green earth. Stellar album and stunning debut.

Why not through that "new" band Heaven & Hell in? The Devil you know is "technically" the debut album from "Heaven & Hell"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Because I refuse to call that band anything but Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time   Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manny's Top 15 Debut albums of all time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next