Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME

Go down 
+17
JDC
DallasBlack
MetalRob331
A Handful of Wayne
Stender
James B.
krokus
manny
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
jstate
Thrasher73
tohostudios
ultmetal
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Empty
PostSubject: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:10 am

Are there any albums that, for whatever reason, just completely passed you by for a long time? I ask, as I listened to Great White - Hooked last night in the shower, for the first time ever. It is a great album [at least as good as Once Bitten or Twice Shy]! No idea why I have avoided it for 20 years.

Another one is Scorpions - Pure Instinct. Heard that for the first time ever within the last month or so. Guess I always just figured it was a lame-o mid-90's borefest [ie: Motley Crue - S/T or WASP - KFD. And, yeah, yeah, I know there are people out there that like those albums. But I personally think they suck.].

There have been others, too. Bluuurgh - In My Embrace sat on my shelf for at least 5 years. Simply because of the band name and cover art. Finally threw that on and it floored me!!!! Think I am gonna crank that one again, right now!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 am

Just found one today that literally dropped my jaw:

Gomorrah - Reflections Of Inanimate Matter

AWESOME death / thrash!! I heard it, and immediately went and scored a copy off of eBay. The vocals are pure death metal, but a ton of the riffs and drum work are pure thrash.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 am

I caught up on Winger and finally got the Kiss catalog. good stuff!!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 am

I discover albums like that all the time. I usually say so in reviews I do of them. Warrant's Dog Eat Dog was one of the more recent ones.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:45 am

Not really albums per se but I've overlooked entire bands for various reasons. Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac and Supertramp come to mind. I grew up hating all three but now I like their music.

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:29 am

ultmetal wrote:
Warrant's Dog Eat Dog was one of the more recent ones.

By far their best. Damn near a speed metal album in some places!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 am

The first one to come to mind is Negligence-Options for a Trapped Mind.I dont know how I missed this the first time around but its a great technical metal album.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 am

The UFO and Thin Lizzy discographies went ignored for too long. I had a weird thing growing up about going back to groups whom I considered "70's". Then after that stupidity faded it just took me awhile to go back and check them out.

For some reason I never had until recently Overkill's Taking Over. I would always forget about that album. Finally got it and loved it.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am

Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, and pre-Destroyer Kiss for me. Not sure why exactly. KISS s/t was a real surprise for me when I first heard it. Much heavier than I expected for a band in 1973. I am currently working on the back catalogs of Thin Lizzy and Deep Purple. I am upset with myself that I have ignored them for so long.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 am

tohostudios wrote:
Not really albums per se but I've overlooked entire bands for various reasons. Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac and Supertramp come to mind. I grew up hating all three but now I like their music.

Same here. Not many albums, but bands in general that I overlooked. Pink Floyd comes to mind. WASP is one too. For the longest time, I only had a greatest hits compilation. Now I've got 'em all (except for Live in the Raw).

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 am

Judas Priest

The fine folks here helped me became JP fans. Now I have 7 of their albums. They're awesome!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:42 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, and pre-Destroyer Kiss for me. Not sure why exactly. KISS s/t was a real surprise for me when I first heard it. Much heavier than I expected for a band in 1973. I am currently working on the back catalogs of Thin Lizzy and Deep Purple. I am upset with myself that I have ignored them for so long.

Better late then never so don't be upset with yourself, just be grateful you discovered these metal pioneers.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 am

exact33 wrote:

Me WINGER too. I only have their second album but never carred about the first and just last week i bought it together with a album with demo song by the band, that came out some time ago. Now i am a WINGER fan ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME 438278
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am

I hated Winger in the 80's, I think it had more to do with percepation then an actual dislike of their music. I saw them open for Bad Company and hated to admit they were good but despite this I ignored them a pretty boy pop metal band.

A couple years ago I purchased their first two albums since they were only a dollar and enjoyed them, nowhere my favorite band but still a good band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 am

I'll add Hirax to this as well. Don't know how these guys slipped under the radar with me all these years. Just bought my 1st album less than a year ago, and now I've got them all.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:43 am

a band more than any particular album....Nevermore. I have both Sanctuary albums and had heard Nevermore's name alot over the years but never purchased anything. I bought the "traveler" dvd and now I am picking up stuff as I find it around town.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

AWESOME death / thrash!! I heard it, and immediately went and scored a copy off of eBay. The vocals are pure death metal, but a ton of the riffs and drum work are pure thrash.

THAT ALBUM KILLS!!!!! For how good it is + rarity, it really isnt all that expensive either.

For me, last summer I discovered Exodus bonded by blood. I couldnt believe what I was hearing for the first couple spins.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:52 pm

krokus wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Me WINGER too. I only have their second album but never carred about the first and just last week i bought it together with a album with demo song by the band, that came out some time ago. Now i am a WINGER fan ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME 438278

headbanger

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:

and toho has introduced me to the whole glam/sleaze stuff..

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:35 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Are there any albums that, for whatever reason, just completely passed you by for a long time? I ask, as I listened to Great White - Hooked last night in the shower, for the first time ever.

Damn, you take long showers. ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Lol

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME   ALBUMS THAT YOU SOME HOW MISSED FOR A LONG TIME Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:16 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I used to own Caress the Grotesque and that album floored me. When I moved I misplaced it and Im sad I did. Amazing groove to that album and I recommend it to anyone into thrash...