Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Annihilator coming soon.

Go down 
+20
Gilbert
jstate
journeyman
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Chrome Locust
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
adrian
mc666
Lari
Troublezone
Wargod
krokus
kmorg
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 am

I like Padden. He's grown on me over the years and I think he's gotten better with each release.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/209274

Scroll down for samples.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, shit. From what I'm hearing this may be the band's best since the debut...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 am

I still think the Joe albums are the best but i'm liking this.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I love those cats - love Jeff, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 5:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Well, shit. From what I'm hearing this may be the band's best since the debut...
Im hearing the complete opposite.. But I nvr go by reviews....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 pm

That stuff is sounding good. Not too sure about the No Surrender track. Sounds a little too funky.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Jeff is trying to be creative which is good but i'm not sure it works on that song.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 pm

After many listens Dave Padden has improved a lot and on this release he is really. Jeff's signature guitar style is back on this where the last few it lacked abit. Feast is definitely the best so far with Dave on vokills.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Good to hear. Was going to pick it up this week but the car decided to break down.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:24 pm

I went to look for it but couldn't find it . The search goes on.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:05 am

Guys. Guys?

This is really good. Like, really really good. Even the BALLAD is strong. THE BALLAD.

This is up there on my list for album of the year. Stream it if you have a hard time finding it (on Spotify or the whole album is available on youtube). Amazon is shipping one to two weeks out. This needs more attention.

Jeff's riffing sounds fresh and inspired, Padden does his best work yet (there's even some harmony!), the whole bands is tight. Best of all the album's not terribly compressed. I mean, the DR score is at 7, so it's not great, but overall it feels very powerful and heavy.

I can't recommend this enough. One of the biggest surprises of this year.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 5:29 am

Meh. More of the same old same old. I liked the rerecordings though.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Gave this a spin and I really dig Smear Campaign, No Surrender, and Wrapped. The others have too much speed, which equals IMO less melodies and it all starts sounding the same. Jeff's riffing is very tight on this album especially in Wrapped where he seems to channel his good friend Rich Wards style.

I understand it's THRASH but I need more GROOVE!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 pm

This album is very good! A few songs are kinda lame, but the majority KILLS!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:59 pm

I thought every tune was solid with kegs and kegs of melody. Good point about Rich.

I spun it again this morning and I've got a number of songs stuck in my head. In my world, that's a SOLID thrash album, and rare at that.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:22 pm

I ordered this from Amazon and it is out of stock. Maybe a couple of weeks. Hopefully sooner.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:48 pm

journeyman wrote:
I ordered this from Amazon and it is out of stock. Maybe a couple of weeks. Hopefully sooner.
Everywhere else as well. I'm kind of pissed. Been having to stream it off of Spotify but I want the actual product!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:54 am

Quote :
More of the same old same old
Annihilator is one of those where the same old is always good enough for me.  

For anyone looking for this gohastings has it for 10.99 + .96 shipping with whatever taxes added.  
http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Feast/sku/291278069.uts
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:57 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
More of the same old same old
Annihilator is one of those where the same old is always good enough for me.  

For anyone looking for this gohastings has it for 10.99 + .96 shipping with whatever taxes added.  
http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Feast/sku/291278069.uts
Hey that's even better than what Amazon's offering. Thanks man!

EDIT: Just picked it up, supposed to ship in 48 hrs. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 am

Very good album. Highly enjoyable.

It's much more accessible than their previous one.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:53 am

Got it yesterday here at my local brick and mortar store. Awesome release. I just wish it was the deluxe edition with the re-recorded classics. Oh, well.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

Having given this a first spin I have to say I liked it quite a bit. Don't know whether or not I'll grow in my love of it or not. Could go either way I'm thinking. But I got about what I was expecting going in. The 3-D cover is awesome. No doubt album cover of the year on that one.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:28 am

My order from Amazon was cancelled due to availability. Anybody got a line on where I can get this.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 am

journeyman wrote:
My order from Amazon was cancelled due to availability. Anybody got a line on where I can get this.
Hmm... I can't find the deluxe edition in stock in the usual places, but the standard edition is available, even on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Annihilator coming soon.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next