Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annihilator

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
kmorg
AchrisK
INVADERS
ultmetal
mc666
Smindas
sovdat
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 5:01 am

Guests and song list for the "Metal" album!!!

Clow Parade (feat Jeff Loomis, Nevermore)
Couple Suicide (feat Danko Jones and Angela Gossow, Arch Enemy)
Army of One (feat Lips (Anvil)
Downright Dominate (feat Alexi Laiho, Children of Bodom)
Smothered (feat Anders Bjorler, The Haunted)
Operation Annihilation (fear Michael Amott, Arch Enemy)
Haungted (fear Jesper Stromblad, In Flames)
Kicked (feat Corey Beaulieu, Trivium)
Detonation (feat Jacob Lynam)
Chasing the High (feat William Adler, Lamb of God)

I am not that thrilled :/
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 5:47 am

Whilst I find it odd that Jeff needs so many guest appeareances, a lot of those are great choices like Laiho, Gossow and Amott.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 6:14 am

more guests than a Mariah Carey album

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:06 am

I could care less about the guests. Here's hoping the music is good.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 am

i think it'll be quite interesting....
Back to top Go down

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 am

I think Loomis was a great choice... I think he will have a lot to contribute on that particular track. And I too just want the music to be good.... but I do think it's odd that Jeff Waters needs so many guests just for one album.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 3:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I could care less about the guests. Here's hoping the music is good.

\m/
Back to top Go down

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:17 pm

I would love it to be good, but judging by how much I hated Schizo Deluxe (actually most of their material from after Never Neverland), I doubt I can enjoy this, especially with crappy guest musicians like most of those (with some obvious exceptions like Jeff Loomis and Lips).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 12:26 am

i thought Schitzo Deluxe was great musicly. the lyrics were dumb as hell though. vocals weren't that strong either. will enjoy hearing Angela sing along though.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 4:39 am

I hope not all of them are singing....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:01 pm

TheHellion wrote:
I would love it to be good, but judging by how much I hated Schizo Deluxe (actually most of their material from after Never Neverland), I doubt I can enjoy this, especially with crappy guest musicians like most of those (with some obvious exceptions like Jeff Loomis and Lips).

I never heard Schizo Deluxe but I didn't like ALL FOR YOU much so I skipped SCHIZO on purpose. I can't stand the new singer. I've loved most of the other Annihilator albums/vocalists (even Aaron Randall!) but Dave Padden's vox on ALL FOR YOU were totally unlistenable and ruined the entire album for me (which sucked cuz musically that album was very solid.) It figures that Waters changes vocalists more often than he changes his socks (or so it would seem) but now that there's a guy I absolutely HATE behind the microphone, he's now on his third album with them... scratch
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:20 pm

I liked Schizo Deluxe quite a bit. However, I HATE the annoying scream at the end of Warbird.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 4:32 pm

Dave Padden's vocals improved quite a bit on Schizo. He sounds less 'core' now, and a bit more like a thrash vocalist.

I REALLY liked Schizo Deluxe. Much more thrash sounding than All For You (though I did like All For You as well).

I agree with ya ult, that scream at the end of Warbid was a bit......excessive.

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 4:54 pm

The vocals on the last album I can handle but is it just me or is the music becoming more and more of the same ?, you'd know an Annihilator tune anywhere to me they are becoming like Dragonforce.

I will buy the new CD and give it a chance, but I aint holding much hope for it going by the list of guests above, what next ? I'd like to see an instrumental solo CD by Jeff though.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 5:26 pm

This is what's next!

http://www.annihilatormetal.com//schizo_asylum/album_pic.php?pic_id=405
Back to top Go down

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 5:40 pm

ha ha, it beats the cover of Remains anyway.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:15 pm

That was GREAT!Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 2:14 pm

I love Schizo and All For You. Waking the fury not so much... The buzzy guitar tone really drives me nuts. The music is great but the production overall sucks. I still don't have Alice or Never but I really need to get them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Wow! I'm an idiot. I've been going through all my cd's to put them on my iPod so I have a giant stack of cd's next to my computer. Well I was just looking through it and I found the double disc version of Alice/Never and I totally forgot that I had it. A while back I went crazy and bought a ton of cd's. Well, I still haven't listened to all of them... I would have totally gone out and re-bought these. LOL!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 2:35 pm

I'm sure you'll dig Alice/Never MetaLHoliC. Give us a review once you get the chance to check 'em out.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 2:40 pm

I have to run some errands here in a few so I'll pop it in in the car and let ya know! I'm sure I'll love it, I dig everything I have by them.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:16 pm

I only have "Alice In Hell" and "Never, Neverland" andI dig them both alot....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 pm

I'm listening to "Refresh The Demon" right now.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:57 am

i have seen them live and the new stuff was not too bad although the sound was crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Annihilator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilator
Page 1 of 1