Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annihilator's All for You

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
Ben Grimm
Wargod
Rex
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

Annihilator's All for You Empty
PostSubject: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 am

Lots of mixed reviews on this album.

Being a speed/thrash maniac, would you recommend me this album?

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:00 am

It's a hard one, personally I dislike Dave Padden's style in Annihilator, yet others like him. So what do you do ? well if it was me again (I had this album years ago and sold it off) I wouldn't go and pay a rediculous amount for it, I'd look for it on the cheap or through a trade., the vocals on this one a little too Metalcore for my liking and Jeff sounds the bloody same as the previous albums, so there's not much in the offering of "new" here.

But as they say "Horses for courses".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am

Didn't care for this one at all, mainly because of the vocals.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am

Padden's vocals are an acquired taste. Personally, I don't mind them. The music is really good though so if you can withstand the "metalcore-like" vocals (for lack of a better term),then by all means get it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 am

I like the album but the vocals are very nu-ish.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 am

I like two songs on it but wouldn't recommend it overall.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:22 am

I like it the vocals overall. But I'm not a fan of the other guys that sang for Annihilator. I think Padden's singing voice is great, but his shouting can be a little monotone.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Being he was realatively new to Annihilator Daves vocals were hard to aquire after Joe left. But IMO He has progressed alot and if you are collector then get it even if the vocals are ishy.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:25 pm

I like this album quite a bit, however if you are not a fan of Padden's vocals you will definatley want to get it cheap you may be disappointed. I however like Padden's vocals so I of course like the album.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:43 pm

His vocals on the latest Annihilator are his best to date. And if anyone has the Master of Rock DVD he did an outstanding job on that.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 am

Wargod48 wrote:
His vocals on the latest Annihilator are his best to date. And if anyone has the Master of Rock DVD he did an outstanding job on that.

Wargod52

I agree with that.

The latest annihilator shined.

I still find Joe Comeau's era to be the best.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:13 am

Listening to rage absolute right now on you tube!

Amazing!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 am

Rage Absolute has a killer riff,Love that song!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Rage Absolute has a killer riff,Love that song!

Spinning it again right now headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:09 am

I've still not gone so far as to buy this one. I somewhat like Schizo Deluxe but that's really as far as I've delved into the Padden albums. The songs I've listened to from All For You and Metal just don't do much for me, I don't know confused
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 am

Adrian:
I've seen that Exciter(and another couple of their albums) on vinyl at my local record store. They look like 2010-11 reissues.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:53 pm

chewie wrote:
Adrian:
I've seen that Exciter(and another couple of their albums) on vinyl at my local record store. They look like 2010-11 reissues.
Awesome, just looked it up and found them online, they appear to be 2011 releases. If I had a working turntable I'd be all over that (current one is lacking a needle.) So I'll just have to stick to cd; I have all their cds except Kill After Kill, Dark Command, and Blood of Tyrants.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:26 am

Exciter are one hell of a band. I still haven't picked their latest one yet.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:05 am

Gilbert wrote:
Exciter are one hell of a band. I still haven't picked their latest one yet.
I got it about a month or so ago. I really like it, seems overall better than Thrash Speed Burn.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:42 am

From what i've heard it's nothing great. The singer is not helping matters...
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:40 am

adrian wrote:
I've still not gone so far as to buy this one. I somewhat like Schizo Deluxe but that's really as far as I've delved into the Padden albums. The songs I've listened to from All For You and Metal just don't do much for me, I don't know confused

I recently purchased schizo deluxe. It's a thrash delight headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:
adrian wrote:

I recently purchased schizo deluxe. It's a thrash delight headbanger
I'll tell you, I enjoy Schizo Deluxe quite a bit but I purchased All For You a few months back and gave it to my brother the same day. I simply didn't like it! I also bought Metal the other day; not even sure how I feel about it, better than All For You but not as good as Schizo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator's All for You   Annihilator's All for You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilator's All for You
Page 1 of 1