Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Annihilator coming soon.

Go down 
+20
Gilbert
jstate
journeyman
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Chrome Locust
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
adrian
mc666
Lari
Troublezone
Wargod
krokus
kmorg
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Annihilator coming soon.  Empty
PostSubject: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Included is an album of redone classic songs.

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/annihilator-announce-new-album-feast
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Kind of cool, kind of I'm not really fond of bands doing this...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Very cool. I still haven't gotten the self titled album yet. And as for the re-recorded classics, I couldn't care less. I never give those things a listen to.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:37 am

Looking forward to the new material.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:56 pm

I enjoy some of the rerecords, some are bleh but i'm interested in the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:22 pm

I pre-order my copy already. They are saying that the pre-order of this new album is going a lot better than the one before.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I preordered the new album and cd called "Feast" it was pushed back to I believe to Sept. 3rd.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I hope it's good, I really do. The last s/t album was insane.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm sure it will be good. As far as I'm concerned, Annihilator hasn't put out a real clunker yet.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:01 pm

I've like only a few Annihilator albums, the Comeau ones being the best to me. I did like the last one which is the first one i've enjoyed with this singer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm a big fan of Jeff's music. It's just too bad they never had a great singer.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Comeau was a real good one though.

They had a terrific run with Carnival Diablos / Waking the Fury and even got a great sounding live album out of the "era" in Double Live Annihilation.

Pretty good competition for the first two 'Lator records that are generally considered their best.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 pm

The last few have been stellar. This one, judging only by the previews, sounds like it's going to follow suit. The album cover f*cking owns!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Comeau was a real good one though.

They had a terrific run with Carnival Diablos / Waking the Fury and even got a great sounding live album out of the "era" in Double Live Annihilation.

Pretty good competition for the first two 'Lator records that are generally considered their best.
Joe was alright, but i think Coburn was the best.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:21 pm

mc666 wrote:
The last few have been stellar. This one, judging only by the previews, sounds like it's going to follow suit. The album cover f*cking owns!
Yeah I'm not one to pay too much attention to album covers, but Feast does have a cool one !
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:01 am

Padden's vocals are what keep me from fully enjoying the newer albums. My favorite era for the band will always be Criteria for a Black Widow - Waking the Fury and Rampage/Comeau are a big part in why I like them so much

Still, I'll check this one out. There's always at least a few songs I really like on an Annihilator album
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 am

Including the re-recorded songs with a CD of of new material is the way to do it if you are going to re-record songs. It's just like a bonus.

That said, I'm not huge on this band. I've owned the debut, a best of comp, which was mostly from the first 3 albusm, I believe, and Criteria for a Black Widow.

None of them were listened to that often. I did like the ballady type jam on the best of. Pheonix Rising, or something similar, was the title.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:33 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Including the re-recorded songs with a CD of of new material is the way to do it if you are going to re-record songs. It's just like a bonus.

That said, I'm not huge on this band. I've owned the debut, a best of comp, which was mostly from the first 3 albusm, I believe, and Criteria for a Black Widow.

None of them were listened to that often. I did like the ballady type jam on the best of. Pheonix Rising, or something similar, was the title.
That's kinda where I'm at with this band too. I've tried getting into them and have owned quite a few of their discs over the years, but nothing really stuck. In fact, I'm thinking of revisiting the few albums I have left and giving them one more chance before I jettison them on ebay.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Quote :
Padden's vocals are what keep me from fully enjoying the newer albums.
Same here. I checked out of this band's camp after his debut on All For You.

Figures that for more than a decade, Annihilator changed vocalists more frequently than Jeff Waters changed his socks, and I never minded...but as soon as Waters got a singer that irritated the hell out of me, he became "THE guy" and now he's closing in on ten years as their vocalist.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Quote :
Annihilator changed vocalists more frequently than Jeff Waters changed his socks,
I think that was a big part of my apathy towards the band in general. No consistancy.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 pm

I love Jeff Waters, he is awesome. But I don't like Padden or that type of singing in general.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:17 am

Padden sucks, yes, but the music has been damn strong. However, I could live with just the first two albums. They're pretty unique.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:07 am

Padden doesn't suck. He's just a more modern vocalist. Not surprising the majority here would despise him.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:23 am

mc666 wrote:
Padden doesn't suck. He's just a more modern vocalist. Not surprising the majority here would despise him.
I just don't like the sound of his voice. I have nothing else against him.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:08 am

The stuff with Padden is okay, but I find his voice a bit irritating. I wish Joe Comeau would have stayed with the band. That dude is killer.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Annihilator coming soon.    New Annihilator coming soon.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Annihilator coming soon.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: