Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album

Go down 
+9
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
kmorg
jstate
Thrasher73
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
mc666
DallasBlack
13 posters

Tatooed Millionare
Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Vote_lcap29%Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Balls To Picasso
Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Vote_lcap59%Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Skunkworks
Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Vote_lcap12%Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:14 am

Some people would call his first one pop metal, and yes his second one was heavier. However, IMO, I don't consider his first three efforts metal so here we go:

What is you favortite of these three? Mine would be Skunkworks (I understand it wasn't origionally supposed to be under his name, but it was). While I like Tattooed Millionare and Balls To Picasso (Tears of the Dragon is one of my favorite songs of all time), for some reason to me there is just something I love more about Skunkworks, the melody is much more infectious to me than the other two. Some people consider these albums to be a dark period in the career of Bruce, and while they are not really metal, I believe they are still great albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:17 am

i still consider all of them within the hard rock/metal genre, but whatever. i like Balls To Picasso best out of those 3.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:33 am

mc666 wrote:
i still consider all of them within the hard rock/metal genre, but whatever. i like Balls To Picasso best out of those 3.

Good thing I put it in the metal section huh? I just realized my mistake but now it's too late. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 7:25 am

I don't really like any of the above, but if pressed, I'd go with Tattooed Millionaire.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:37 am

I love all three, but i prefer the Live In Studio A versions of Millionare and Balls.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:51 am

Tatooed Millionare for me
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:55 am

Went with Tattooed Millionaire. For some reason I have always loved that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:55 am

I liked Tattooed Millionaire, but Balls to Picasso stuck with me longer.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:46 pm

They are all metal in my book. Prefer the first 2

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:54 pm

Balls To Picasso.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 4:21 pm

none of them. got them all. don't like it. dunno why. nothing special.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:20 am

Out of those choices, I voted for Ball to Picasso, however personal choice is Accident of Birth, which smokes 'em all. Also, I never considdered any of Bruce's solo work as anything but metal, but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
however personal choice is Accident of Birth, which smokes 'em all.

A-MEN brother! ACCIDENT OF BIRTH is the best Iron Maiden album that Iron Maiden never made. One of my favorite CDs of the 90s, if not of all time. 🤘 THE CHEMICAL WEDDING wasn't too shabby either.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Balls To Picasso is my favorite from those albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 pm

'Skunkworks' by a mile...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:07 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Tatooed Millionare for me

For me too. Never carred much about BALLS TO PICASO (i like TEARS OF THE DRAGON) and that other bad s hit he released named SKUNKWORKS, only for open minded people.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
'Skunkworks' by a mile...

Looks like we're the only ones. I think people are WAY to harsh on this album. I mean come on, it's not like Bruce wanted the album to be put under his name in the first place. Besides, if one of the greatest voices in metal wanted to do something different for a change I believe he earned the right to do so. One may complain that it was too modern but lets face it people like Bruce led the way for modern bands. Bruce himself has stated in interviews that he was proud of the work he did on this one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:33 pm

Balls To Picasso gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album   Favorite Non-Metal Bruce Dickinson Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1