Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone is wrong!!!

Go down 
+38
DallasBlack
mlotek
Icy Grave
SAHB Healer
Mglaffas81
chilejay7
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
jstate
CRIMSONMASK
AutumnShantel
jettafiend
Thrasher73
Citanul
journeyman
Wurthless
exact33
Dark Horseman
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
ultmetal
Louder
nevermore
bass63
Lari
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
ElectricEye93
Troublezone
mc666
corplhicks
akeldama
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalRob331
Boris2008
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:22 am

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Every Pink Floyd albums is great. Not a single lull. I'd dare to call them critic-proof.

One lull, but not a whole album, just one song. Another Brick in the Wall, I really, really HATE that song!!

Because of the Radio's Curse or because it just is? I used to love that song but now I get mad whenever I hear it.

Bit of both I think, I can't put my finger on it but there's something about that song that's like fingernails down a chalkboard for me.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 8:56 am

corplhicks wrote:
Every Pink Floyd albums is great. Not a single lull. I'd dare to call them critic-proof.

I agree with you completely. Except some songs are overplayed on the radio a bit...
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 am

I love those two Nitro albums. And time has only increased that. Just big, dumb, loud, and fun.

I'm also a huge fan of Coroner's Grin and Voivod's Angel Rat.

My favorite Ratt is Reach For The Sky. But I'll admit that is most likely out of nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:53 am

AutumnShantel wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I agree with you completely. Except some songs are overplayed on the radio a bit...

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Just read this review on Blazon Stone from Allmusic.com:

Quote :
Blazon Stone solidified Running Wild's cult following with another heavy dose of pirate imagery and enough strong riffs to put the record over, although some songs can be a bit repetitive or unmemorable.

Wtf, that whole album was brilliant from start to finish. I say F*ck off, Rovi.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:06 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Quote :
Blazon Stone solidified Running Wild's cult following with another heavy dose of pirate imagery and enough strong riffs to put the record over, although some songs can be a bit repetitive or unmemorable.

I read allrovi just for laughs.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :

It's funny stuff. If you read a review for, say, a Rhianna album, it's twelve paragraphs long and written like a grad school dissertation. But when it comes to a metal album (pick any one, really), it's three sentences and has little to nothing to say about the nuances of the music, just whether or not the riffing was OK. Kind of like Rolling Stone. Ok, not that bad.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :

It's funny stuff. If you read a review for, say, a Rhianna album, it's twelve paragraphs long and written like a grad school dissertation. But when it comes to a metal album (pick any one, really), it's three sentences and has little to nothing to say about the nuances of the music, just whether or not the riffing was OK. Kind of like Rolling Stone. Ok, not that bad.

There's probably less drug use at allrovi than rolling stone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:37 pm

jstate wrote:

I'm also a huge fan of Coroner's Grin and Voivod's Angel Rat.

Both killer records almost universally misunderstood by lunkheads...er....metalheads.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:05 pm

corplhicks wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :

Basically sick 

Also 'Blazon Stone' rules. I feel like the forgotten RW album is 'Masquerade', since there's a lot of talk about how 'Black Hand Inn' was the last great record, but it's probably a top 3 for me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:13 pm

I've just bought Angel Rat and would like to get my hands on Grin. For the prices that you have to pay to get the vinyl on these records, I wouldn't say that they are THAT unloved!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Masquerade was epic.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :

Basically sick 

Also 'Blazon Stone' rules. I feel like the forgotten RW album is 'Masquerade', since there's a lot of talk about how 'Black Hand Inn' was the last great record, but it's probably a top 3 for me.

Masquerade was pretty intense. Here's what Rovi has to say about Black Hand Inn:

Quote :
It's no surprise that Running Wild hasn't bothered to update their sound, but Black Hand Inn is a new low. Black Hand Inn doesn't contain any catchy riffs at all, and the songs are just replicas of each other. Usually Running Wild has compensated for this by including one or two stand-out tracks (usually one of them is the title track itself), but, unfortunately, Black Hand Inn is a complete failure. Fans of Running Wild might find it amusing, but it seems that Running Wild doesn't have anything to offer to the heavy metal audience anymore.

Now that just pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:11 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Masquerade was pretty intense. Here's what Rovi has to say about Black Hand Inn:

Quote :
It's no surprise that Running Wild hasn't bothered to update their sound, but Black Hand Inn is a new low. Black Hand Inn doesn't contain any catchy riffs at all, and the songs are just replicas of each other. Usually Running Wild has compensated for this by including one or two stand-out tracks (usually one of them is the title track itself), but, unfortunately, Black Hand Inn is a complete failure. Fans of Running Wild might find it amusing, but it seems that Running Wild doesn't have anything to offer to the heavy metal audience anymore.

i too disagree with the above. I think BHI is one of the most memorable of their albums and has a lot of catchy music.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :

i too disagree with the above. I think BHI is one of the most memorable of their albums and has a lot of catchy music.

Exactly. And to call it a complete failure?? The hell? That album in its entirety stayed in my hands for weeks after the first time I heard it.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:
exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Quote :

Exactly. And to call it a complete failure?? The hell? That album in its entirety stayed in my hands for weeks after the first time I heard it.

It's ok. They claimed the riff writing was occasionally lacking on the black album and yet they still gave it 4 1/2 out of 5. Then they praise "countdown to extinction" and had nothing bad to say and yet gave it 4 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:44 pm

I tend to take most Amazon reviews with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:30 pm

I love all demon hunter to some extent, with "the triptych" and "the world is a thorn" being the standouts.

I like Demon Hunter a lot as well. The Triptych is my favorite album of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 am

A lot of people still rate Iron Maiden's No Prayer for The Dying as a weak effort. I enjoy all the tracks on it - especially Assassin. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 am

Grimmo wrote:
A lot of people still rate Iron Maiden's No Prayer for The Dying as a weak effort. I enjoy all the tracks on it - especially Assassin. headbanger 

It's weak for a Maiden release....... still better that a lot of band's best album
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Here's a couple I can think of off the top of my head:

Rainbow:
I am very much in the minority here but I really like the Joe Lynn Turner (JLT) era best. For me the best Rainbow album is Straight Between the Eyes. Yes, it is a completely different sounding band to the Dio-fronted albums and even the Graham Bonnet one-off 'Down to Earth'.

Queen:
I am a huge Queen fan. I hold Freddie Mercury in very high regard and he is bar none one of my favorite singers of all-time, at least outside of heavy metal. Now, everyone seems to foam at the mouth over the first 5 Queen albums and I will not argue they are good... and not just that they are classics. But when it comes to the late 70s and 80s Queen albums there is a general discontent for the synth-pop direction the band took.

Well this is where I think 'everyone is wrong' - I love Hot Space, The Works, Kind of Magic, and The Miracle. For me all those albums are still very much Queen. The songwriting is consistent and as experimental as it was on the 70s albums. There is just a different flavour, at times very removed from hard rock. I like the more funky / groove / dancey sound they were experimenting with. It has the right balance between something like Michael Jackson, the Rolling Stones and Queen's hard rock signature.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Rainbow:
I am very much in the minority here but I really like the Joe Lynn Turner (JLT) era best. For me the best Rainbow album is Straight Between the Eyes. Yes, it is a completely different sounding band to the Dio-fronted albums and even the Graham Bonnet one-off 'Down to Earth'.

Queen:
I am a huge Queen fan. I hold Freddie Mercury in very high regard and he is bar none one of my favorite singers of all-time, at least outside of heavy metal. Now, everyone seems to foam at the mouth over the first 5 Queen albums and I will not argue they are good... and not just that they are classics. But when it comes to the late 70s and 80s Queen albums there is a general discontent for the synth-pop direction the band took.

Well this is where I think 'everyone is wrong' - I love Hot Space, The Works, Kind of Magic, and The Miracle. For me all those albums are still very much Queen. The songwriting is consistent and as experimental as it was on the 70s albums. There is just a different flavour, at times very removed from hard rock. I like the more funky / groove / dancey sound they were experimenting with. It has the right balance between something like Michael Jackson, the Rolling Stones and Queen's hard rock signature.

Agreed on Rainbow, love the Turner albums, also a fan of A Kind Of Magic and Works.
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:54 pm

One I like that I know many don't or didn't is Kreator - Endorama. I put it on in the car today and I really enjoyed it from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:37 am

nevermore wrote:
I love all demon hunter to some extent, with "the triptych" and "the world is a thorn" being the standouts.

I like Demon Hunter a lot as well. The Triptych is my favorite album of theirs.

I am also a DH fan, but I must say that Storm the Gates of Hell gets the most plays from me. The World is a Thorn has been hard to listen to, it is just not clicking with me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Rainbow:

Queen:

I'm in agreement on Queen except for Kind of Magic. It's the only Queen album I didn't like, and I get to hear it all the time because my wife loves it. It's obvious the album was rushed--some self-cannibalization going on, the ott goofiness feels forced, gets too sappy, poor mix, awkward lyrics, all that jazz. Otherwise, like I said, every other album that Queen has released is gold.

I still have yet, surprisingly, to hear any Rainbow w/o Dio.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone is wrong!!!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next