Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone is wrong!!!

Go down 
+38
DallasBlack
mlotek
Icy Grave
SAHB Healer
Mglaffas81
chilejay7
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
jstate
CRIMSONMASK
AutumnShantel
jettafiend
Thrasher73
Citanul
journeyman
Wurthless
exact33
Dark Horseman
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
ultmetal
Louder
nevermore
bass63
Lari
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
ElectricEye93
Troublezone
mc666
corplhicks
akeldama
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalRob331
Boris2008
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 am

Boris2008 wrote:
It's borderline this because I know a lot of people who LOVE this record. But I know a lot of old school thrashers who hate it with a passion!!

I'm with the first group.

Im with you and the first group!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:30 am

Roots Bloody Roots (the song) is awesome! headbanger 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:56 am

Judas Priest - Demolition

I freakin' love that album, and find that it surpasses Jugulator by quite far - Jugulator has only really got "Blood Stained" and a couple of other songs that are truly awesome. I never got what was so great about "Bullet Train" and "Cathedral Spires" - they bore the hell out of me.

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Q5 Steel The Light is popular around here, but I liked "When The Mirror Cracked" better. It's an awesome AOR album although it lost them their fans. The CD re-issue includes the song "Freedom", one of the best power ballads ever. Ok Steel The Light was good too but it's not the one I listen to as often.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 875

It sounded nothing like Pleasure to Kill or Terrible Certainty, but this record is straight up brilliance!!
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 pm

I went through a Metallica phase a few years ago where I listened to nothing but Metallica. So I can say these albums I listen to more than their old thrash classics to this day (well, except for maybe Ride the Lightning):

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 A

I don't care what the naysayers continue to spew from their word-holes. I always find myself rocking the $@*% out to "Ain't My Bitch" "2 X 4" and "Cure." I still say "The Outlaw Torn" is probably the greatest epic Metallica has ever written. Reload was amazing, too. Bollocks to you all who say otherwise!

--

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Megadeth

Yeah, it's not Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? or Rust in Peace, but this album is whole hosts of catchiness, heaviness, and pure awesomeness. I'm sure to call it the 'Deth's second most evil album all thanks to ONE song: "Prince of Darkness." They took a big risk and contrary to what all the critics said, they succeeded in what they wanted to do.

Although I still admit that they cut their hair a little TOO low. ._.

--

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Filth_Pig_Ministry

So this album was more straightforward heavy metal with less of a focus on industrial. Who cares? It's freaking Ministry and anything they put out is amazing. This album is high on the list of Ministry favorites for me. I love this album!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Icy Grave wrote:
I went through a Metallica phase a few years ago where I listened to nothing but Metallica. So I can say these albums I listen to more than their old thrash classics to this day (well, except for maybe Ride the Lightning):

I don't care what the naysayers continue to spew from their word-holes. I always find myself rocking the $@*% out to "Ain't My Bitch" "2 X 4" and "Cure." I still say "The Outlaw Torn" is probably the greatest epic Metallica has ever written. Reload was amazing, too. Bollocks to you all who say otherwise!

--

Yeah, it's not Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? or Rust in Peace, but this album is whole hosts of catchiness, heaviness, and pure awesomeness. I'm sure to call it the 'Deth's second most evil album all thanks to ONE song: "Prince of Darkness." They took a big risk and contrary to what all the critics said, they succeeded in what they wanted to do.

--

So this album was more straightforward heavy metal with less of a focus on industrial. Who cares? It's freaking Ministry and anything they put out is amazing. This album is high on the list of Ministry favorites for me. I love this album!

AMEN!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Here's a couple I can think of off the top of my head:

Rainbow:
I am very much in the minority here but I really like the Joe Lynn Turner (JLT) era best. For me the best Rainbow album is Straight Between the Eyes. Yes, it is a completely different sounding band to the Dio-fronted albums and even the Graham Bonnet one-off 'Down to Earth'.
RAINBOW - I like Joe Lynn Turner just as much as Dio or Graham Bonnet, even if Turner did not have the same vocal range. He still sounded cool in the band.

Metallica - St Anger. the studio album sounds bad, BUT, the bonus "live rehearsal at the studio" DVD sounded great !
Sounded good enough for me to even try to like at least some of the best songs from the studio disc.

Celtic Frost - Cold Lake. Some really great songs on there, but the production when I owned the vinyl, did not seem to fit.
The studio sound would have suited the PREVIOUS Celtic Frost albums, and Cold Lake should have been polished to sound brighter.
Imagine a Tokyo Blade Lp, but given a crappy, flat, cheap, garagey grunge sound !

Great White. The ONLY song I liked on their debut vinyl LP was The WHO cover "Substitute".
I liked some obvious blues-influenced hard rock (was a huge Zeppelin fan by then, and into Fastway ), but after that, never bought another album by Great white.
Over the years I would hear a great song by them on the radio or TV and immediately would become suspicious, that it was the ONLy good song again, just to cheat me out of my money again.

DIAMOND HEAD - Canterbury.
Like many other fans, I was disappointed with the album at first (and for many years afterward) because it didn't pound fast & hard like the early material.
Still, the songs and studio sound were really great and it won me over, once I understood the Led Zeppelin comparisons, because they also were trying to express more (ie. Jimmy Page -"light & shade").

EXCITER - Unveiling The Wicked. Almost everyone I knew that was aware of the band, and liked them before it, hated that album, but I liked at least half of it a lot. The speed & aggression was almost completely gone, but they still could write metal anthems and memorable songs.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Icy Grave wrote:

--

--

Agreed; except my favorite on Load is King Nothing...
But I really, for the life of me, can't figure out why the people I know that like these bands don't love those albums...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:27 pm

This has me written all over it! I like a whole lot of stuff reviewers (and many around here) call crap. I could come up with a list that would go on for quite some time. However, I will go ahead and name a few off the top of my head:

Every Maiden album from No Prayer to The X Factor
Overkill-I Hear Black
Suicidal Tendencies-The Art Of Rebellion
Testament-The Ritual
Dream Theater-Falling Into Infinity
Flotsam And Jetsam-Cuatro
Dio-Lock Up The Wolves
Tourniquet-Crawl To China
Savatage-Fight For The Rock
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 am

I hugely love Iron Maiden's Virtual XI. Sometimes I see it as the all-time best Iron Maiden album.

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Judas Priest - Demolition

Wow, I had completely forgotten this was a thing.

I remember it having one good song: Close to You. That one is a gem. The rest I have completely forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
This has me written all over it! I like a whole lot of stuff reviewers (and many around here) call crap. I could come up with a list that would go on for quite some time. However, I will go ahead and name a few off the top of my head:

Every Maiden album from No Prayer to The X Factor
Overkill-I Hear Black
Suicidal Tendencies-The Art Of Rebellion
Testament-The Ritual
Dream Theater-Falling Into Infinity
Flotsam And Jetsam-Cuatro
Dio-Lock Up The Wolves
Tourniquet-Crawl To China
Savatage-Fight For The Rock
Out of those I'll echo your sentiments on especially the X-Factor which is brilliant, but also Testament's Ritual which is quite good. You just can't approach in the same way as you do the earlier Testament albums - you won't get the same speed and fury, but you still get intricate music and big riffs, and with a heavier production than before.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 51bIcsnsZBL._SX300_
Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 58e59330dca0dda90c632010.L
Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 41aOQ8TDj3L._SY300_
Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 518uRsEsaRL
Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 51HnYv1LZQL._SX300_
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:15 pm

ElectricEye93 wrote:
Sabbath's newest album is as good as Sabotage or Vol 4. As my Iron Maiden point, some people's nostalgia seems to make suggesting this blasphemy.

Yes I agree......... What more could you hope for from Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:08 pm

The Brotherhood by Running Wild

Lots of people gave up on Rock 'n' Rolf after The Victory with every album after that being labeled inconsistent and quite generic. This one is no different, but I don't care. It's got three of my favorite Running Wild songs ever: "The Brotherhood," "Siberian Winter," and "The Ghost." That's enough for me to love it. \m/

Last edited by Icy Grave on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I still have no clue why or how Technical Ecstasy is "sub par", I personally do enjoy it a lot, and many good songs which are dear to me. It is not Master of Reality or Dehumanizer (two of my favourite Black Sabbath albums from Ozzy and Dio eras), but definitely TE is a great album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone is wrong!!!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5