Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone is wrong!!!

Go down 
+38
DallasBlack
mlotek
Icy Grave
SAHB Healer
Mglaffas81
chilejay7
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
jstate
CRIMSONMASK
AutumnShantel
jettafiend
Thrasher73
Citanul
journeyman
Wurthless
exact33
Dark Horseman
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
ultmetal
Louder
nevermore
bass63
Lari
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
ElectricEye93
Troublezone
mc666
corplhicks
akeldama
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalRob331
Boris2008
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 pm

If there is an album that doesn't belong in this thread it's Defenders of the Faith. It's an incredibly powerful record, beloved by Priest fans and by metal fans in general. It was released at the peak of their popularity and was also quite possibly their strongest album ever. I haven't heard anyone think it was not, at the very least, ONE OF the very best Judas Priest albums. It's also my personal #1 album by my personal #1 favourite band.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Lari wrote:
If there is an album that doesn't belong in this thread it's Defenders of the Faith. It's an incredibly powerful record, beloved by Priest fans and by metal fans in general. It was released at the peak of their popularity and was also quite possibly their strongest album ever. I haven't heard anyone think it was not, at the very least, ONE OF the very best Judas Priest albums. It's also my personal #1 album by my personal #1 favourite band.

Yeah, that's why the Priest album I picked was Turbo, which I dig Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 19976 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:20 pm

I also think Maiden's last 4 are all universally liked by metal fans. And very highly rated by critics, even.

Out of the "underdog" Maiden albums, I really love the X-Factor. A dark masterpiece of metal. An entire album made out of the concept of the song Afraid to Shoot Strangers from the previous album. But even the X-Factor has a ton of fans who "get" it, and it's not just universally pissed on.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Kyuss fans seem to love Blues For The Red Sun, but I never could get into it. I like ...And The Circus Leaves Town a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 pm

nevermore wrote:
Celtic Frost's Cold Lake. Despite how they looked and the poppy Cherry Orchards the album still had some of the trademark Celtic Frost style. This album was just CF continuing to do some experimenting musically.

Agree! I like it...a lot! headbanger 

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Celtic Frost's Cold Lake. Despite how they looked and the poppy Cherry Orchards the album still had some of the trademark Celtic Frost style. This album was just CF continuing to do some experimenting musically.

Agree! I like it...a lot! headbanger 

It was a disappointment, but hey, it's Tom Warrior and that makes it better than most things headbanger 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:49 pm

bass63 wrote:
Lari wrote:
bass63 wrote:
I'm gonna stay out of this one...
bass63 likes Brokencyde

Don't even know who that is. If that's the name of a band it sucks

One of the worst bands to ever exist in the entire world.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:13 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
bass63 wrote:
Lari wrote:
bass63 wrote:
I'm gonna stay out of this one...
bass63 likes Brokencyde

Don't even know who that is. If that's the name of a band it sucks

One of the worst bands to ever exist in the entire world.
I wouldn't say that, they're just OK-ish for me. For me one of the worst bands ever would be Anal C U Next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Anal C*** are funny on purpose. Brokencyde are unintentionally funny.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Lari wrote:

I saw DotF ranked somewhere in the middle of Priest catalogue often enough. And while we are at Priest, never understood all the love for SFV - it has like 3 good songs. Now THAT one should be ranked far down the list.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Lari wrote:

I saw DotF ranked somewhere in the middle of Priest catalogue often enough. And while we are at Priest, never understood all the love for SFV - it has like 3 good songs. Now THAT one should be ranked far down the list.

Exactly, but you'll not get this lot to agree! lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Lari wrote:

Exactly, but you'll not get this lot to agree! lol! 

DUDE.

SFV has nine great songs on it. That has to be the one record I've ever heard where every song has equal weight for me. The riffing, the energy, the production, even the lyrics has an unprecedented amount of attitude and wit. I mean, it's cool if you don't like it, but SHOCKING nonetheless.

(I count nine songs because I figure in Hellion as part of Electric Eye)
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:42 pm

There's a ton of hated albums I enjoy:

Scorpions-Eye II Eye, Savage Amusement, Pure Instinct, Face The Heat, Unbreakable
Quiet Riot-QRIII
Krokus-Change Of Address
King Kobra-Thrill Of A Lifetime
Loudness-Soldier Of Fortune, On The Prowl, Ghetto Machine, Dragon, Biosphere
Motley Crue-Generation Swine, New Tattoo
Dokken-Shadowlife
Warrant-Belly To Belly
Machine Head-Burning Red, Supercharger
Annhilator-All For You, Metal
Megadeth-Risk
Queensryche-American Soldier, Hear In The Now Frontier, Dedicated To Chaos, Frequency Unknown
Def Leppard-Songs From The Sparkle Lounge, Slang
Judas Priest-Turbo, Ram It Down, Demolition
Sonic Syndicate-We Rule The Night
Accept-Eat The Heat
Raven-The Pack Is Back
Savatage-Fight For The Rock
Great White-Psycho City, Let It Rock
Whitesnake-Slip Of The Tongue
Slayer-God Hates Us All
Exodus-Exhibit A, Exhibit B
Venom-Temples Of Ice, Wasteland
Queen-Hot Space
Rainbow-Bent Out Of Shape
Dio-Lock Up The Wolves, Angry Machines
Anvil-Plugged In Permanent
Running Wild-Victory
The Rods-Hollywood
Sodom-Sign Of Evil/Obsessed By Cruelty
L.A. Guns-American Hardcore
Tygers Of Pan Tang-Burning In The Shade
Yngwie Malmsteen-Eclipse, Fire And Ice
Molly Hatchet-The Deed Is Done
Blackfoot-Vertical Smiles, Ricky Medlock and Blackfoot
W.A.S.P.-K.F.D., Helldorado
Iron Maiden-No Prayer For The Dying, The X Factor, Virtual XI
Genesis-Calling All Stations
Pantera-Metal Magic, Projects In The Jungle, I Am The Night, Power Metal
Y&T-Contagious
Van Halen-VHIII
Poison-Hollyweird
Dangerous Toys-The R-tist 4formerly Known as Dangerous Toys
Rush-Roll The Bones, Counterparts
David Lee Roth-D.L.R. Band
KISS-Crazy Nights, Hot In The Shade, Carnival Of Souls, Psycho Circus
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Some of those I agree with:

Scorpions- Face The Heat
Queensryche- Frequency Unknown
Judas Priest-Ram It Down (would have been just as good as DotF if they weren't forced to synthesize the drums)
Accept-Eat The Heat
Raven-The Pack Is Back
Great White-Psycho City, Let It Rock (didn't know these were considered bad)
Whitesnake-Slip Of The Tongue (absolutely!)
Slayer-God Hates Us All (why is this album not liked??)
Exodus-Exhibit A, Exhibit B (not great but not bad either)
Queen-Hot Space (hey, it was better than A Kind of Magic
Dio-Lock Up The Wolves, Angry Machines
Anvil-Plugged In Permanent
Running Wild-Victory
Sodom-Sign Of Evil/Obsessed By Cruelty
Pantera-Metal Magic, Projects In The Jungle, I Am The Night, Power Metal
Y&T-Contagious
Rush-Roll The Bones, Counterparts
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:56 pm

I also dig such generally-hated albums as Judas Priest's Jugulator wrote:

This album is seethingly nasty and I love it.

I'll add Whitesnake's S/T. I think people got burnt out on Here I Go Again but it's still and excellent album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

This album is seethingly nasty and I love it.

I'll add Whitesnake's S/T. I think people got burnt out on Here I Go Again but it's still and excellent album.

I thought the Whitesnake was a critical and commercial success. Maybe hated in contemporary circles?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:02 pm

corplhicks wrote:

DUDE.

SFV has nine great songs on it. That has to be the one record I've ever heard where every song has equal weight for me. The riffing, the energy, the production, even the lyrics has an unprecedented amount of attitude and wit. I mean, it's cool if you don't like it, but SHOCKING nonetheless.

(I count nine songs because I figure in Hellion as part of Electric Eye)

I've tried with that record man, for 30 years I've gone back to it just to see what I'm missing about it that makes it so great. I'd about given up on them when my cousin brought round Freewheel Burning and I was completely blown away cheers Defenders of the Faith became the sountrack to my early teens from that point on.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Whitesnake S/T sold a lot but it shows up on a lot of, what went wrong with 80's music lists now. I think it's just fun for people to slag on it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Whitesnake S/T sold a lot but it shows up on a lot of, what went wrong with 80's music lists now. I think it's just fun for people to slag on it.

Can't stand those lists.

That Whitesnake is a great record.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Psycho City and Let it Rock aren't really considered "bad" but they were commercial dissapointments(the former only reaching 107 on the billboard chart) at the time of release and it seems that both of them are generally overlooked compared to the rest of Great White's discography.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:25 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Can't stand those lists.

Surprisingly (even to me) I agree, I hated that overly polished sound but with that record it just worked, maybe because  Coverdale's voice is so soulful that it cuts through the cheese. I would have never have bought it but it was a gift from a girl and I played it a lot. (maybe the reason I like it so much is because it always reminds me of her? don\'t know )
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Can't stand those lists.

Surprisingly (even to me) I agree, I hated that overly polished sound but with that record it just worked, maybe because  Coverdale's voice is so soulful that it cuts through the cheese. I would have never have bought it but it was a gift from a girl and I played it a lot. (maybe the reason I like it so much is because it always reminds me of her? don\'t know )

Dude. You need to move on. Laughing 

Seriously, Coverdale's voice AND Sykes' guitar made it work the whole way through. If they could rerelease it with a different mix and less reverb, it'd be one of the greatest albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:22 pm

The thing I usually see about 'Defenders' is .. blah blah poor mix...blah blah it has 'Eat Me Alive' therefore the whole album is bad (average Priest speed metal is still pretty good speed metal, just for the record)...and then it gets like a 3 out of 5.

I agree about Whitesnake, I think most Whitesnake is good Whitesnake, barring the ballads. I dig the mix of the s/t - them big guitarz. Retains plenty of "soul" no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 pm

No on less reverb! That album is perfect the way it is and leave the 80's sounding mix as is.

Winger is another band that people love to slag but the albums after the first two are great.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
No on less reverb! That album is perfect the way it is and leave the 80's sounding mix as is.

Winger is another band that people love to slag but the albums after the first two are great.

I even like the first 2 Winger records. But "Pull" has the best tunes. "Junkyard Dog" ROCKS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone is wrong!!!   Everyone is wrong!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone is wrong!!!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next