Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Bridge (New Album)

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
James B.
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Now, Zep influence, sure. AB has plenty of it. But that's quite a few rock and metal bands in the past few decades.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Wait, Im the modern day Jesus.. So how can there not be a modern day Zeppelin?

When I listen to the guys in AB play, I hear a ton of similarities to what Zep was doing back then. It has nothing about being innovative. It's about the music and there are tons of similarities when it comes to the structures of the bands.

You guys think OMG he used Zeppelin as a comparison to AB.. Im not doing that at all.. Im saying AB's music and compositions are very similar to Zeppelin IMO!!

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 3:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
I like Alter Bridge but they are the modern day Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alter Bridge are barely a modern day Creed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my description was better - a modern day Badlands.... Shredder guitarist (even though Tremonti is good, Jake E Lee can play circles around him) and similar album sales

Jake is a beast indeed. Both amazing guitar players so rly no need to say one is better than the other..
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

That's...that's a very strange argument you have there, Rob.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

That's...that's a very strange argument you have there, Rob.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

Back on topic.. God I love this song....headbanger 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12786

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

The only thing similar is maybe the song structures... Musically AB is on another level...

Finally, you grasp the concept. All I was trying to say to begin with. Seems you thought my comparison was a verbatim, paint by number trip and it wasn't.

If you could see past your Tremonti fixation, you'd perhaps "notice" how interchangable those same-ish song structures make these bands seem. Imagine if Shinedown recorded that song by AB you posted....aside from individual talent opinion(s), is it that unfathomable to say it isn't possible to consider them doing it ?

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 pm

James B. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

The only thing similar is maybe the song structures... Musically AB is on another level...

Finally, you grasp the concept. All I was trying to say to begin with.  Seems you thought my comparison was a verbatim, paint by number trip and it wasn't.

If you could see past your Tremonti fixation, you'd perhaps "notice" how interchangable those same-ish song structures  make these bands seem.  Imagine if Shinedown recorded that song by AB you posted....aside from individual talent opinion(s), is it that unfathomable to say it isn't possible to consider them doing it ?

Shinedown is a great band (one of my favs), but they are as basic as it gets when it comes to songwriting. The only thing similar is the verse, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus, chorus.. Other than that I see no similarities. I own everything from both bands and its night and day musically.

It's not even about my love for the band as I like Shinedown nearly as much. Technically it's just on another level and the music is just not even close. AB has more in common with Sevendust than it does Shinedown.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Alter Bridge & Shinedown are about the only new bands I can stand.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:41 pm

bass63 wrote:
Alter Bridge & Shinedown are about the only new bands I can stand.
Both amazing bands and both killer in concert... It helps to have Brent singing in Shinedown haha.. He makes the band IMO...

Aranda is another band that has HUGE potential..

Avatar is another I like pretty well but it's a little different...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:46 pm

TEASER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Fortress commences with the classically influenced furious finger-picking of "Cry of Achilles" which quickly builds into a modern thrash epic. Its towering rhythms and incendiary riffing temper raw grooves with some of the most impressive playing you'll hear all year. Crossing the six-minute mark, it's clear that Alter Bridge are erecting more of a castle than a Fortress right out the gate.
Read more at http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/first-reaction-alter-bridge-fortress/10722681#1SprMomHhyl2ODIg.99

headbanger 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Quote :
Its towering rhythms and incendiary riffing temper raw grooves with some of the most impressive playing you'll hear all year.
TOWERING rhythms...INCENDIARY riffing....RAW grooves!

Hyperbole, white courtesy phone, Hyperbole, white courtesy phone please.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Never heard of this band. Good stuff; I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:56 pm

http://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-fortress-exclusive-album-stream/

Im blown away :o
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 pm

I love Shinedown but words fail me when I want to describe how much this band bores me to tears.

Just my opinion.  Anyone else is more than entitled to their's.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love Shinedown but words fail me when I want to describe how much this band bores me to tears.

Shinedown is great dont get me wrong but this is another animal IMO... Musically this is on another planet..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Shinedown is great dont get me wrong but this is another animal IMO... Musically this is on another planet..
I agree. But I don't think it's a "Class M" planet so I'll pass. Laughing 

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I agree.  But I don't think it's a "Class M" planet so I'll pass.  Laughing 
Give it a listen... When I listen to Alter Bridge I'm more in awe of the playing than the melodies. Myles is a great singer but the guys as musicians are what makes them one of my fav bands if not favorite...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:33 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I agree.  But I don't think it's a "Class M" planet so I'll pass.  Laughing 
Give it a listen... When I listen to Alter Bridge I'm more in awe of the playing than the melodies.  Myles is a great singer but the guys as musicians are what makes them one of my fav bands if not favorite...
I guess that's where you and I differ. I'm all about melodies; I don't really give a rat's ass about the musical proficiency of anyone in a band. For me it's all about remembering the song once it's finished playing for the first time.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 pm

The melodies are very memorable imo, but the instrumentations with this band are just stellar imo...
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:53 pm

The new Alter Bridge album is fantastic & is highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Here's a quote from a review I just read... "As epic as prime Led Zep and as thunderous as peak-form Sabbath" Go get the album people...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Bridge (New Album)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next