Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Bridge (New Album)

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
James B.
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:20 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
New quotes from Myles featured in Kerrang about the new album!

"There's a song on there called The Waters Rise, where Mark sings the verse and chorus. It was a song that I felt had that Mark sound - the way he would play the melody and do his guitar thing - it really suited his vocal. It was the David Coverdale approach!"

"There's a song called All Ends Well, which was written from my mom's perspective. When I was a kid, I was pretty insecure. My mom always believed in me and tried to remind me that what I thought about myself and what the rest of the world thought were two completely different things. The lesson is: listen to your mom! And eat your vegetables."

"There's an intro to a song called Calm The Fire that I'm really excited about. It's kind of a tip of the hat to Queen, basically." - Calm yourself, Timo.

"Mark has a solo on Day to Dry, which is the best solo he's ever done. It's my favourite, anyway." - The 13th song? (Edit - or Bleed it Dry?)

"Brian's bass lines are just so killer on this record, man. You can't make me pick out one song, though - that's like asking me what my favourite child is! Addicted to Pain turned out great...I'm so excited by this whole record."

He apparently uses "epic musical journeys" (heh) to describe some of the album, and says - "There's really nothing worse than when you sit down and feel like the well is dry and there's no inspiration... This record had a full well to take from, I swear."

According to the writer, a lot of the lyrics have to do with betrayal, with songs "dealing with the fall of institutions - as on the title track". Myles - "I'd become fascinated with the idea that, as humans, we have these totems or things that seem invincible."... "A lot of the time, that's a false sense of security. So much of what we think is everlasting or permanent is not. It's gonna fall, given enough time. Whether that be governments, religions or relationships, or whatever."

Thanks for that info. I can't wait for this album!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Looks like "Addicted to Pain" is going to be the first single and will appear on Banditrock 8/12/13

Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Ab10
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:57 pm

I hate when these songs get leaked early but DAMNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Holy Crap!  That kicks ass!headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 pm

bass63 wrote:
Holy Crap!  That kicks ass!headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

Yes sir headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12786

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 am

Sounds like Shinedown with more balls than usual

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:17 am

James B. wrote:
Sounds like Shinedown with more balls than usual

Shinedown? I love that band but I really see no comparison, especially musically. That being said, can't wait to see those guys Sunday headbanger 

Have you listened to Alter Bridge? These guys are as close to metal as you can get.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 am

My Shinedown comparison was in regards to the modern sounding production and the structure of the songwriting. Or in other words, the formula that is working well in todays radio playlists for harder edged music. One of my daughters enjoys them (Alter Bridge) alot and is always pimping them to me when we talk on the phone. If I can hear another band doing that same song and it sounding just the same, my interest usually wains.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:36 am

James B. wrote:
My Shinedown comparison was in regards to the modern sounding production and the structure of the songwriting.  Or in other words, the formula that is working well in todays radio playlists for harder edged music. One of my daughters enjoys them (Alter Bridge) alot and is always pimping them to me when we talk on the phone.   If I can hear another band doing that same song and it sounding just the same, my interest usually wains.  

Alter Bridge has Mark Tremonti...Enough said hahahah!!!!headbanger Alter Bridge has a ton of accessible songs. Bands shouldnt be judged because they are played on the radio. Ppl are supposed to write good songs right?

As far as production, of course it's modern sounding, it's 2013 Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 am

When bands start sounding interchangable......the members..the year, and the songs are secondary.

My issue is with formula aspects pertaining to accessability. That same issue has been prevalent forever and alot of bands that I have enoyed have done it to various extents at one time or another.
When I listen to modern bands on the radio, they all sound the same to me.  The ingredients/flavor may vary but the final product is the same.  

To make it simple......The song you posted by Alter Bridge could have been written/recorded by Shinedown and nobody would of noticed. (IMHDO) or visa/versa. Or Pop Evil..... or Nickleback.... or whomever.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:29 pm

James B. wrote:
When bands start sounding interchangable......the members..the year, and the songs are secondary.

My issue is with formula aspects pertaining to accessability. That same issue has been prevalent forever and alot of bands that I have enoyed have done it to various extents at one time or another.
When I listen to modern bands on the radio, they all sound the same to me.  The ingredients/flavor may vary but the final product is the same.  

To make it simple......The song you posted by Alter Bridge could have been written/recorded by Shinedown and nobody would of noticed. (IMHDO) or visa/versa. Or Pop Evil..... or Nickleback.... or whomever.

There are a lot of bands that sound similar in modern rock, but comparing AB to Nickleback is actually laughable. AB borders Metal/Prog/Speed Metal/Modern Rock/Hard Rock all in one...

That song sounds nothing like any of the bands you mentioned IMO. Why? MARK TREMONTI...

The only thing similar is maybe the song structures... Musically AB is on another level...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
AB borders Metal/Prog/Speed Metal/Modern Rock/Hard Rock all in one...

Laughing very hard

That boring pre-packaged tune holds all those qualities huh? No wonder I think modern hard rock completely sucks, if this is the cream of the crop then I'd hate to hear a mediocre band. Razz 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
AB borders Metal/Prog/Speed Metal/Modern Rock/Hard Rock all in one...

Laughing very hard  

That boring pre-packaged tune holds all those qualities huh?  No wonder I think modern hard rock completely sucks, if this is the cream of the crop then I'd hate to hear a mediocre band.  Razz 

If you haven't listened to full albums and base your opinion on a couple songs you really are missing out...

AB is the modern day Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:53 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Oh my goodness, somebody call the paramedics, I might laugh myself into an aneurism.

You really should consider a career in comedy.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:00 pm

If you haven't listened to full albums and base your opinion on a couple songs you really are missing out...

AB is the modern day Led Zeppelin [/quote]

First - I an not a Zep fan at all.
Second - AB has NOT released anything that is even remotely innovative. Zeppelin were innovators and game changers in the world of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Did AB release albums that people like? sure Even remotely innovative? No
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Oh my goodness, somebody call the paramedics, I might laugh myself into an aneurism.  

You really should consider a career in comedy.  

lol!  If you haven't even listened to the band, jokes on you sir Laughing very hard 

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

I hateeee that kind of comparison stuff especially with "untouchable" kinds of bands, but I would probably say The Mars Volta instead, on their first 3 or so....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Second - AB has NOT released anything that is even remotely innovative. Zeppelin were innovators and game changers in the world of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Did AB release albums that people like? sure Even remotely innovative? No[/quote]

The comparison is musically.. Who releases innovative albums these days? THANK YOU!!! Mixing tons of styles, multiple open tunings, excellent musicianship, layering vocals and guitars...

No one said they sound like Zep Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:06 pm

I like Alter Bridge but they are the modern day Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alter Bridge are barely a modern day Creed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I hateeee that kind of comparison stuff especially with "untouchable" kinds of bands, but I would probably say The Mars Volta instead, on their first 3 or so....

Not rly a comparison as they sound nothing alike... Was more about the finished product and the group as a whole...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:32 pm

The reason I would say TMV is because of the group synergy, the loose and punchy feel, and the flexibility in style. But not so much of the song-robbing. \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:33 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Second - AB has NOT released anything that is even remotely innovative. Zeppelin were innovators and game changers in the world of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Did AB release albums that people like? sure Even remotely innovative? No

The comparison is musically.. Who releases innovative albums these days?  THANK YOU!!! Mixing tons of styles, multiple open tunings, excellent musicianship, layering vocals and guitars...

No one said they sound like Zep Laughing very hard [/quote]

Musically that is STILL a crazy statement - AB has not done anything that hasn't already been done before. The are NOT a modern day Led Zeppelin, not even close. A much better description would be a modern day Badlands
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:37 pm

manny wrote:
I like Alter Bridge but they are the modern day Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alter Bridge are barely a modern day Creed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my description was better - a modern day Badlands.... Shredder guitarist (even though Tremonti is good, Jake E Lee can play circles around him) and similar album sales
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 pm

I think the point is there is no modern day Led Zeppelin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I think the point is there is no modern day Led Zeppelin.

x2

...and never will be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Bridge (New Album)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next