Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Bridge (New Album)

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
James B.
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Alter Bridge (New Album) Empty
PostSubject: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 am

Of course I'm all over this being a Tremonti fan boy hahah!!!!  New Album is called Fortress and I'm really digging the album cover..  ABIII didn't disappoint but I'm still on the Blackbird bandwagon as one of my fav albums in the last 10 or so years...

Alter Bridge (New Album) Fortre10
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 am

Let The Music Do The Talking This forum is for discussing music that doesn't fall under the metal/hard rock umbrella. wrote:

As ever with you Rob, I'm a little confused scratch 

How on earth does this NOT fall under the metal/hard rock umbrella?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am

AB has some great stuff; I avoided them, and Tremoti, early on due to Creed, but once I heard them I was hooked.

But yeah this belongs in the HOM thread.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

As ever with you Rob, I'm a little confused scratch 

How on earth does this NOT fall under the metal/hard rock umbrella?

If it's not METAL, I don't put it in there.. Never have and never will... That's called HEART OF METAL!!!

Go down the list of bands in this section and plz make sure to copy and paste that to 80% of the bands in here that are Hard Rock Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Yeah, fair point, but this is as close to metal as it gets for me, definitely hard rock whereas most of the other bands have some prog or goth or indie deal going on.

Still I do take your point.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Yeah, fair point, but this is as close to metal as it gets for me, definitely hard rock whereas most of the other bands have some prog or goth or indie deal going on.

Still I do take your point.

I know we have some diehard extreme metal guys here and I don't want to lump Alter Bridge in with bands on the front page like Onslaught, Venom, Manowar, Mercenary, Bloodgood, Vengeance Rising, and all those other def Metal bands...

Just feels out of place and I agree, Alter Bridge has a ton of METAL moments on their albums..

Im just picking on you any way LOL!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Dude. AB is completely metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:11 pm

This section doesn't get used enough as it is. If he wants the thread in here then that's fine.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 pm

corplhicks wrote:

As much as I love that comment, I cant ever say COMPLETELY Metal bcuz they are human after all.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

As much as I love that comment, I cant ever say COMPLETELY Metal bcuz they are human after all.

surprised 

Soooo...should I discuss Van Halen here instead of HOM?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:31 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

surprised 

Soooo...should I discuss Van Halen here instead of HOM?

Meaning they aint robots hahaha..

I discuss all ROCK bands here.. They just seem so out of place on HOM!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Let's not get into another damn genre debate. It's not that important where the thread is. It's on board isn't it? CHILL

lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
Let's not get into another damn genre debate.  It's not that important where the thread is.  It's on board isn't it?  CHILL

lol! 

Aint got no time for dat...lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:34 pm

Alright, alright. So anyway yeah I'm pretty excited for this to come out.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 am

Fantastic band. I can't wait for it's release.   headbanger      Alter Bridge (New Album) 775710 

BTW... I HATE Creed
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm

bass63 wrote:
Fantastic band. I can't wait for it's release.   headbanger      Alter Bridge (New Album) 775710 

BTW... I HATE Creed

What is it about Creed that you hated? Im a HUGE fan of anything Mark touches.. Creed has some killer songs and are one of my fav bands..
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:45 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
bass63 wrote:

BTW... I HATE Creed

What is it about Creed that you hated?  Im a HUGE fan of anything Mark touches.. Creed has some killer songs and are one of my fav bands..

Nope, I've heard all of Creed's major releases since my dad was a big fan. Horrible stuff. maybe a couple decent songs here and there. Most of what kills it for me is Scott's voice. It's unbearable. But really, Mark doesn't even shine through in those albums, and most of his riffing is overly familiar dropped D alt circles. When I first heard AB, I was blown away. The dude really can play. It's like Creed was holding him back.

I should mention that I'm not a "Creed h8r" based on any trends. I've never liked them since Higher--I remember first hearing it on the radio and thinking rock and roll was dead.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
bass63 wrote:

BTW... I HATE Creed

What is it about Creed that you hated?  Im a HUGE fan of anything Mark touches.. Creed has some killer songs and are one of my fav bands..

Nope, I've heard all of Creed's major releases since my dad was a big fan. Horrible stuff. maybe a couple decent songs here and there. Most of what kills it for me is Scott's voice. It's unbearable. But really, Mark doesn't even shine through in those albums, and most of his riffing is overly familiar dropped D alt circles. When I first heard AB, I was blown away. The dude really can play. It's like Creed was holding him back.

I should mention that I'm not a "Creed h8r" based on any trends. I've never liked them since Higher--I remember first hearing it on the radio and thinking rock and roll was dead.

I don't think it was holding him back, he just writes different bcuz of Scott. He has admitted that artistically he leaves all the major writing to AB. Their latest release Full Circle has some killer/heavy tracks like Bread of SHame and Fear..

I have always said that AB comes before C LOL!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

I never heard Creed until after they had broken up...the state of rock music in the mid 90s left me so depressed that I abandoned it for 10 years.  At some point around 2005 I remember hearing a song on the radio and asked a friend who that was, he said "Creed", I said "Good, I didn't miss anything there."
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
He has admitted that artistically he leaves all the major writing to AB.

This is quite interesting, I did not know that. So it's like an Ozzy thing were he's the face of the band (and founder) but doesn't play an integral part in the songwriting process? Not that I have a problem with that, really.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

This is quite interesting, I did not know that. So it's like an Ozzy thing were he's the face of the band (and founder) but doesn't play an integral part in the songwriting process? Not that I have a problem with that, really.

Im meaning he can write what he wants to write, so he leaves all his GREAT ideas to AB and leaves the simple song structures to Creed. SO when I say "leaves all the main writing to AB, I didnt mean the band writes, I meant he writes more complex and all his main ideas go to AB and not Creed.

That being said, he has done a lot of albums in the past 10 yrs or so and he keeps getting better. The guy def takes his craft serious.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Im meaning he can write what he wants to write, so he leaves all his GREAT ideas to AB and leaves the simple song structures to Creed.   SO when I say "leaves all the main writing to AB, I didnt mean the band writes, I meant he writes more complex and all his main ideas go to AB and not Creed.

That being said, he has done a lot of albums in the past 10 yrs or so and he keeps getting better.  The guy def takes his craft serious.

Ah, I understand now. Have you heard his solo album? I heard it's pretty heavy. I've been meaning to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
bass63 wrote:

BTW... I HATE Creed

I hate Scott Stapps voice    Alter Bridge (New Album) 352445
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Tremonti's solo album, songwriting wise, is on par with any AB album. Musically it's HEAVIER than anything he's written. His vocals are also pretty damn good. The one thing I love about Tremonti is his choice of blending technical playing with very melodic playing. On the Tremonti record though his solos werent so melodic and more showcasing his chops. Which is understandable..

You can check the clips on youtube to hear the album.. Giving Up would be my fav from that album..

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:15 pm

New quotes from Myles featured in Kerrang about the new album!

"There's a song on there called The Waters Rise, where Mark sings the verse and chorus. It was a song that I felt had that Mark sound - the way he would play the melody and do his guitar thing - it really suited his vocal. It was the David Coverdale approach!"

"There's a song called All Ends Well, which was written from my mom's perspective. When I was a kid, I was pretty insecure. My mom always believed in me and tried to remind me that what I thought about myself and what the rest of the world thought were two completely different things. The lesson is: listen to your mom! And eat your vegetables."

"There's an intro to a song called Calm The Fire that I'm really excited about. It's kind of a tip of the hat to Queen, basically." - Calm yourself, Timo.

"Mark has a solo on Day to Dry, which is the best solo he's ever done. It's my favourite, anyway." - The 13th song? (Edit - or Bleed it Dry?)

"Brian's bass lines are just so killer on this record, man. You can't make me pick out one song, though - that's like asking me what my favourite child is! Addicted to Pain turned out great...I'm so excited by this whole record."

He apparently uses "epic musical journeys" (heh) to describe some of the album, and says - "There's really nothing worse than when you sit down and feel like the well is dry and there's no inspiration... This record had a full well to take from, I swear."

According to the writer, a lot of the lyrics have to do with betrayal, with songs "dealing with the fall of institutions - as on the title track". Myles - "I'd become fascinated with the idea that, as humans, we have these totems or things that seem invincible."... "A lot of the time, that's a false sense of security. So much of what we think is everlasting or permanent is not. It's gonna fall, given enough time. Whether that be governments, religions or relationships, or whatever."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge (New Album)   Alter Bridge (New Album) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Bridge (New Album)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next