Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Go down 
+7
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wicked Rick
MetalH
ramreb
Troublezone
MetalRob331
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Alter Bridge - Blackbird Empty
PostSubject: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:06 am

AB is back with their sophmore effort and what an effort it is. Most bands either hit or miss with the second cd and AB hit a homerun 560 ft here.

This album starts off with 2 killer metal songs Ties that Bind and Come to Life and just never lets up. There are no filler material here either just plain brilliance just listen to the title track blackbird and tell me that isnt one of the best sculptured songs ever
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:38 pm

It's funny with this band 'cause i just read an interview with the guitarist Mark and he's denying his past "Christian" label. He sure didn't mind the label when he was in Creed making a fortune. He just said it was all the singer's thing but if he didn't like the lyrics or whatever he could have spoke up back then. What these people do to gain "credibility" in the rock/metal world is a joke.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:10 pm

u need to understand there label forced them to be more of a scott stapp solo cd, and being on a label u have a contract to fulfill or there is goin to be lots of legal issues if not.

Mark did the right this of disbanding from Scott and doin wjat he does best and thats writing some of the best tunes to date..

AB will always be "the band formerly known as Creed" but that doesnt mean the music has to be.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 am

The more i listen to this cd the more it blows me away. I have had this cd for 6 months now and it never leaves my cd player. This cd is probably my favorite rock cd of all time...

Any one own this?
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:24 am

AlterBridge rule!, like them better than Creed.
Blackbird is a worthy followup to their first.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:01 pm

IMO Blackbird blows away One Day Remains. They have found there own sound and its mesmerizing.

Both albums are 10/10's though///
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:11 pm

If Blackbird blows away One Day Remains then how come they both get 10/10!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:14 am

well they;re both 10/10 imo. I think there isnt one bad song on either of them. Blackbird is just perfect and i cant go any higher then 10.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:07 pm

I finally picked up both AB albums. Blackbird is freakin' heavy! I love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Blackbird cd   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 pm

There are two Blackbird cds at a used cd store for $5.99. I need to pick one up!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am

MetalH wrote:
I finally picked up both AB albums. Blackbird is freakin' heavy! I love it.

Good to see the band getting more exposure on this board. I think people miss how heavy this band really is and how talented they are. Mark writes some of the best riffs and songs out there and plays with the best of em as well. New album to be released sometime by summer I hope and I cant wait...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Good band. Not metal though. They are actually more alternative rock.

That doesn't mean that they aren't good however.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9890

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:52 pm

These guys could have been a great metal band!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I guess so. If they had decided to pursue that direction instead of alterna-stream.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I guess so. If they had decided to pursue that direction instead of alterna-stream.

You have these guys all wrong. Sometimes I wonder if you have heard anything from them?

These guys are more metal then most bands labeled metal. This is just straight forward hard rock/metal
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm

I owned their first album, "One Day Remains".

It was good modern day alternative hard rock.

Nothing truly metal about it though.

But again ... that doesn't make it BAD. Just not metal.

I don't think anyone here (besides you and a small handful) even would consider this band to be metal.

It's all good though.

Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Alter Bridge - Blackbird   Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:20 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I owned their first album, "One Day Remains".

It was good modern day alternative hard rock.

Nothing truly metal about it though.

But again ... that doesn't make it BAD. Just not metal.

I don't think anyone here (besides you and a small handful) even would consider this band to be metal.

It's all good though.

Alter Bridge - Blackbird Icon_biggrin

What is Alternative hard rock? There really is no such thing IMO. Find The Real, Metalingus, Watch Your Words, The End is Here, Ties That Bind, Come to Life, Buried Alive, Blackbird, One by One, White Knuckles, and The Damage Done are heavy platters to me. Much heavier then anything ALTERNATIVE...