Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!

Go down 
+23
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
ishfar
Wargod
Wurthless
Citanul
MetallicSeminarian
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
bgsully
AutumnShantel
Addy
brokentulsa
manny
tohostudios
Lari
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 pm

This is a no brainer for me...

TIME, takes this hands down followed by Comfortably Numb.

Gilmour's basic approach to leads has always been very influential to me.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 pm

it's "Comfortably Numb" for me!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Mind blowing (If we ever have a "Best Performance by a Reaalllyyyy Stoned Dog" thread, I'll be coming back to the awesome Live at Pompeii Laughing very hard )
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 pm

I'd have to go with Dogs. Jesus Christ, those leads give me chills.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 pm

'Dogs' I think less in a leads kind of way, and more of how the whole song is put together, guitar-wise, kind of way. To me, 'Dogs' is the first Opeth song if Opeth were still good. There's a boatload of direct influence from that single song alone.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:07 am

I think for me I like the Learning to Fly and Money
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:30 pm

So hard to pick Gilmour seems more about the emotion of the song then the technical part but On The Turning Away might be my pick. I love Terminal Frost and what he does on it and i'm not usually keen on just instrumentals.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Comfortably Numb    Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 604261
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
So hard to pick Gilmour seems more about the emotion of the song then the technical part but On The Turning Away might be my pick. I love Terminal Frost and what he does on it and i'm not usually keen on just instrumentals.
yeah. I heard that record when I was like 11 and what was going on there with the 'A New Machine' parts and that sandwiched in there, and then 'Sorrow' closing out the album, and having had no idea what was going on, totally amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I can't possibly pick a single Gilmour solo, but I've always admired the solo on Fat Old Sun (from Atom Heart Mother) because it's a textbook example of how the simplest of ideas can speak volumes when applied correctly.

I should mention that David Gilmour is my all-time favorite lead guitarist. When it comes to lyrical rock guitar he's in a class by himself.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Quote :

Dark Horseman wrote:

yeah. I heard that record when I was like 11 and what was going on there with the 'A New Machine' parts and that sandwiched in there, and then 'Sorrow' closing out the album, and having had no idea what was going on, totally amazing.
And I thought they'd be done with all the rifts that had taken place but that album holds up today.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:23 pm

moving on.....

Eric Clapton
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Pass, I only like 'From The Cradle'.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Major pass from me.....
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Old love.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Old love indeed, but I did grow up listening to Crossroads over and over again. When it comes to Cream anything live is just fine. And From the Cradle was the work of a messiah. That album still surprises me every time I pull it out.
Back to top Go down
ishfar
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 am

Hmm. Old love was very good. Also liked his work on While my guitar gently weeps. Bt Clapton isnt really my cup of tea...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:10 am

Im not the biggest fan either and I prefer his simple introductions and melodies like *Wonderful Tonight" and "I Wish it Would Rain Down"

As far as my fav goes I always loved the playing in "She's Gone"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:22 am

I love Cream and Blind Faith but that's really it for Clapton.
Back to top Go down
ishfar
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:59 am

S.D. wrote:
I love Cream and Blind Faith but that's really it for Clapton.
Agreed. Some of Claptons work are really good bt he never really appealed to me
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I don't really know enough of his music to pick a best solo but this is a great song!

Also if I never hear flipping Layla ever again? I'm just fine with that.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Lets get off of Clapton LOL....

Marty Friedman
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Marty is one of my fav players and is one of the more melodic lead players out there IMO..

Some of his solos like Tornado of Souls and Lucretia still to this day are considered metal classics as they should be. I actually prefer Marty's solo efforts over Megadeth because I get to hear his WHOLE take on things..

Lovesorrow

solo around 3 18

solo around 6 20..

Tie for me personally Wink

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Friedman is a technically gifted player, I just don't personally get much from his playing. The only thing that really sticks in my mind is that little flamenco lick in Holy Wars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next