Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?

Go down 
+22
Stender
mc666
jstate
EmoElmo
asgard1980
CRIMSONMASK
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
Grimmo
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:41 pm

If you want to discuss organized religion please start a thread in the "Of Unsound Mind" forum, this is a music thread.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Oh great, religion! There's a subject that we're all gonna agree on! Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 875605 

I think that most people would have bands that they like better than the combined output of the big 4 (Kreator, Dark Angel, Exodus etc) but the fact is that these were the bands that rose to the top from that era and Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Hell Awaits, Seasons in the Abyss, Spreading the Disease, Killing is my Business and Peace Sells are brilliant, ground breaking records!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
If you want to discuss organized religion please start a thread in the "Of Unsound Mind" forum, this is a music thread.

I didn't want to discuss religion, just explain IMO Slayer's certain songs, which I felt went under the banner of this music thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I didn't want to discuss religion, just explain IMO Slayer's certain songs, which I felt went under the banner of this music thread.

I know, but it's a slippery slope that inevitably leads to being impaled on large shards of glass. Best to keep it separate.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:54 pm

You know who I love? Kreator. Every bit as magnificent as the Big 4.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:

The thing I love about kreator is that their new stuff is as good if not better than their classics.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I know, but it's a slippery slope that inevitably leads to being impaled on large shards of glass.  Best to keep it separate.

I hear ya brother. Peace: Chrome Dio 
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:24 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

The thing I love about kreator is that their new stuff is as good if not better than their classics.

Kreator, just get better with age. What a band Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 754598 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Not quite. Still good, but "as good"? Not imo.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Why aren't we talking about Coroner by now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:10 pm

Stender wrote:
Why aren't we talking about Coroner by now?

Agreed. I still jam Coroner regularly.
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:11 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I can't get Kreator out of my cd player recently.  I just can't get enough.  Until recently I hadn't heard Endless Pain, and even though it's somewhat rough around the edges it's a great listen.  Their riffs are as good as anyone in the business.  I would put them and Overkill in my big 4.

In terms of newer bands, Havok gets a lot more spins from me than Anthrax or Slayer (actually I've never really gotten into or listened to Slayer).

And I totally agree, the new Accuser is amazing!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:15 am

Ah, Coroner. All I've heard of them is Punishment for Decadence. Great stuff. Too bad their other albums would demand a good chunk of my monthly savings.

As for Kreator, nothing tops Extreme Aggression and Coma of Souls. I'm not a fan of their "industrial" era, and the new stuff is heavy as hell but not nearly as thrashy as it used to be.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:33 am

corplhicks wrote:
So I'm listening to the new accuser and I haven't banged my head this hard in a long time. Brutal shit. Enjoying them as much as the first time I heard Kreator. So I guess I can now answer the op's question with a resounding yes.

What did I tell ya! I've been singing this band's praises for decades. Vastly underrated Teutonic Thrash band. headbanger

jettafiend wrote:
I have never been into Slayer... at all. Don't like them. Anthrax and Megadeth are great, and Metallica is pretty good too. That being said, I listen to Havok, Arnion, Ultimatum and Disaffection a whole lot more than the big 4. Testament and Overkill are miles ahead of Metallica in the quality of their outputs with the last couple of albums by each band. Formation and Iron Bound see quite a bit of spin from me.

headbanger 

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:41 am

Are Kreator underrated, most thrash fans I know love them and have been very vocal about it, now Deathrow or Holy Moses or Exumer, then you are talking seriously underrated German thrash.

Also Sabbat, best U.K thrash band by a mile (I also love Onslaught and Gamma Bomb)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Are Kreator underrated, most thrash fans I know love them and have been very vocal about it, now Deathrow or Holy Moses or Exumer, then you are talking seriously underrated German thrash.

Also Sabbat, best U.K thrash band by a mile (I also love Onslaught and Gamma Bomb)

We were talking about Accuser, not Kreator.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Yeah sorry, i didn't read the thread properly, there was a lot of (deserved) Kreator worship going on and I missed the bit about Accuser. Embarassed  I didn't rate them that highly back in the day and haven't heard anything recently, I'll have to give the new one a listen.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Testament, Anthrax, Overkill, Heathen are what I listen to in old school thrash. I like some Slayer and some Metallica. In todays thrash scene they're a ton of new great thrash bands. Havok IMO is the best of the bunch next comes Bonded By Blood, Fueled By Fire, Angelus Apartida, Condition Critical, Lost Society, and so many more!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:41 pm

My favorite Slayer album has always been South of Heaven. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 am

corplhicks wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, I don't think that they really put a foot wrong in that period, I like the fact that it wasn't Reign in Blood II
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 pm

[quote="corplhicks"]My favorite Slayer album has always been South of Heaven. Just sayin'.[/quote

I saw em in 1988 On that tour - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

corplhicks wrote:

SEASONS IN THE ABYSS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I still listen to Megadeth and Anthrax quite a bit. Though I use to love Slayer and Metallica and still like them both, I don't listen to them as much as I use to. Overkill are actually one of my most listened to bands. I listen to them all the time. Accuser are another band I frequent. As for newer bands, Havok, Vektor and Vindicator are frequent players especially when doing cardio at the gym. I listen to a lot of thrash metal, so I mix it up constantly. Kreator, Sodom, Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Believer, Tankard, Testament, The Moshketeers, Hirax, Flotsam, Possessor...there's too many great bands to limit myself to only four.

Yes, yes, f*cking yes. What is it with Overkill? I'm the exact same - I can't stop listening to them. 'Killing Kind' is worn out on my death deck - thank God I sent it to my MP3. I love all metal, AC/DC, Slayer, Priest -- but I always go back to Overkill to listen to non stop. I have all their records on my MP3 - can't stop listening to them. We have the sickness my friend. headbanger headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 am

I will also add Seventh Angel to the list of thrash bands that don't get anywhere enough love and destroy any of the big 4. Tormented Forever and Dark Shadows is some of the best thrash that I have ever heard. There is not a song that they have done that is mediocre. Seventh Angel are one of the best Euro-thrash bands, IMHO!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 am

jettafiend wrote:
I will also add Seventh Angel to the list of thrash bands that don't get anywhere enough love and destroy any of the big 4. Tormented Forever and Dark Shadows is some of the best thrash that I have ever heard. There is not a song that they have done that is mediocre. Seventh Angel are one of the best Euro-thrash bands, IMHO!

Very much agreed; I admit I tend to unfairly forget about them when discussing thrash, but they certainly are one of the greatest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?   Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you like any of the new thrash bands better then the top 4?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next