Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer News

Go down 
+32
chucksteak
steelers
7thSecond
Lurideath
nevermore
TH Joe
kethdredd
stevegarveyfan
shamgar75
Rex
DeathCult
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
metalken
Stender
kmorg
exact33
sam
Shiney
powermacho
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
outofstep
mr.electric39
mc666
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ultmetal
AchrisK
GrandNational
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Believer News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Quote :

Metal Blade announces the signing of BELIEVER
Metal Blade Records is proud to announce the signing of Pennsylvania based thrashers BELIEVER through Howard Jones’ (Killswitch Engage) imprint label Cesspool Recordings. Formed in the mid eighties, BELIEVER
gained worldwide recognition for their boundary-breaking, artistic form
of extreme metal as a part of Roadrunner Records prog-metal/thrash
campaign “The Breed Beyond” alongside Cynic and Pestilence. After a
long hiatus, BELIEVER is back with an intense fury and the band’s new record, Gabriel, once again sees Believer conquering new musical and artistic territory.

With an upgraded sound and songwriting that has been alluded to as a
“sick, insane cross between Tool, Voivod, NIN, and Destruction”,
Believer’s 4th release Gabriel
shows a band simply not focused on regurgitating and reliving their
past. To this end, Bachman and Daub have surrounded themselves with new
creative blood in keyboardist/programmer Jeff King, guitarist Kevin
Leaman and bassist/ programmer Elton Nestler. Securing a new home with
legendary Metal Blade Records, Believer is determined to win over fans
of old and new with their brand of ‘Believer-esque’ metal.

Guitarist/vocalist Kurt Bachman comments, "it's been quite a long
break for us, but metal stays in your blood and the constant nagging
from Daub became overbearing. The opportunity to work with Howard
Jones, Brian Slagel and all the amazing talented people at Metal Blade
is fantastic and we are looking forward to a long and creative
relationship. Needless to say, we're stoked about Believer's future."
"I have had a great relationship with Brian Slagel and Mike Faley for a
long time, and getting a chance to work with them and start up Cesspool
Recordings was more than I could have asked for. Somehow I got lucky
enough to stumble across a reactivated BELIEVER
who has always been a band that got and still gets repeated listens
from me. Great band and even better people, and they truly bring a
unique quality of musicianship back into the metal music genre. I'm
truly excited to see them on stage again” comments Howard Jones.
BELIEVER’s 4th album Gabriel will be available everywhere March 17th 2009

http://www.myspace.com/believerband

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Looks like it comes out a day after my birthday...cool!

I'm not digging the sound of that NIN/Tool comparison, although I'm sure thats probably just marketing talk that means nothing really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:32 pm

Welcome to a month ago. =)
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:35 pm

I hope the new stuff is true tech thrash. Even if it isn't as good as their old material.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 am

TH Joe wrote:
I hope the new stuff is true tech thrash. Even if it isn't as good as their old material.

The more I read about this release on-line, the less I believe it will be a return to the classic thrash metal sound. Rather, Believer seems to be saying they don't want to "re-live the past." Apparently there is programming and sampling on this new CD, which I am sure is where the NIN comparisons are coming from.

Keyboardist Jeff King was formerly with Sardonyx.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 am

ultmetal wrote:

The more I read about this release on-line, the less I believe it will be a return to the classic thrash metal sound. Rather, Believer seems to be saying they don't want to "re-live the past." Apparently their is programming and sampling on this new CD, which I am sure is where the NIN comparisons are coming from.

Assimilation anyone? Smile I'd be OK with that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

The more I read about this release on-line, the less I believe it will be a return to the classic thrash metal sound. Rather, Believer seems to be saying they don't want to "re-live the past." Apparently their is programming and sampling on this new CD, which I am sure is where the NIN comparisons are coming from.

Assimilation anyone? Smile I'd be OK with that.

Geez, I hope not. I mean, I love Deliverance, but it be a shame for the Believer legacy to go down with a weak synth based album.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 am

So the album is named after an angel?? I wonder if there will be a theme to it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:24 am

Eyesore wrote:
Welcome to a month ago. =)

A month ago we did not know:

- the exact day in March of release
- the full band line-up
- the album's title
- what the band looked like (there's a pic now)

Believer News - Page 4 19976
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 am

Quote :
what the band looked like (there's a pic now)

I actually seen that pic awhile back but everything else you said is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:48 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Really, the 5-man pic? This was the first I had seen it...
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 am

cat crap and urine over here... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 am

I'm looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm

I'll try to reserve judgement until I hear something more substantial than just the bits and pieces that have been offered so far. That comparison in the press release doesn't sit well with me though (though I understand that a lot of that is just marketing).

They couldn't have picked two bands I detest more for their marketing comparisons; Tool and NIN. I absolutely LOATHE those bands. Even if there is nothing in the music that reminds of either band, just their mention as a comparison has cooled my excitement for a new Believer album...

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Shiney says it's killer. He thinks I'm sexy, so he's got great taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 pm

I can guarantee they did what they always have...done something a little different than the last thing they did...Dimensions had some weird little electro moments on it...expect a modern twist on BELIEVER...
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shiney says it's killer. He thinks I'm sexy, so he's got great taste.

Now I KNOW it's gonna suck! lol!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Have any of you heard that song played on Bam Margera's radio show? I listened to the song yesterday and its really good. I hear what they mean by the Tool/NIN comparisons, but its only background type noises. The song is still definitely thrash and his vocals sound like they did on "Extraction From Mortality" which were always my favorite from Kurt Bachman.

As for the title and all those lame guest musicians, they can do WAY better than that!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I liked the song on the Bam show...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:35 pm

I have heard the whole thing and it's not too far removed from the Sanity Obscure sound....There are synths through out...nothing NINy....and the TOOL mention is probably to the samples and basslines...The bass is HEAVY on this album and there are lots of samples...(dialogue, sounds and whatnot)

I dug what I heard....

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Lurideath wrote:
As for the title and all those lame guest musicians, they can do WAY better than that!!!
That's marketing. I don't have an issue with it, unless the Killswitch dude does his processed screaming.

I don't imagine having Shiney on there is marketing, though, but I do agree he's a lame guest.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Strange how every article I've read about this reunion/new album has steered clear of using the C word or anything close to it. The band also seems to be doing this. Makes you wonder what the lyrics on this new one will be about. I'm betting that there won't be much C in the lyrics though. If I was to take a guess I would also say that this album will not be very good musically. Of course I wouldn't mind being proved wrong at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Strange how every article I've read about this reunion/new album has steered clear of using the C word or anything close to it. The band also seems to be doing this. Makes you wonder what the lyrics on this new one will be about. I'm betting that there won't be much C in the lyrics though. If I was to take a guess I would also say that this album will not be very good musically. Of course I wouldn't mind being proved wrong at all.
You won't like it. You've already set yourself up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Really, the 5-man pic? This was the first I had seen it...

This one is dated back to 12/8
http://decibelmagazine.com/index.php/2008/12/08/believers-kurt-bachman-interviewed/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 pm

7thSecond wrote:

Some of the old big names in Christian metal have watered down their messages like the latest Deliverance album but i don't think that will be the case here with the big "B". I know that i'll like this better than what's been coming out lately from the old school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer News
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next