Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer News

Go down 
+32
chucksteak
steelers
7thSecond
Lurideath
nevermore
TH Joe
kethdredd
stevegarveyfan
shamgar75
Rex
DeathCult
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
metalken
Stender
kmorg
exact33
sam
Shiney
powermacho
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
outofstep
mr.electric39
mc666
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ultmetal
AchrisK
GrandNational
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Believer News - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Strange how every article I've read about this reunion/new album has steered clear of using the C word or anything close to it. The band also seems to be doing this. Makes you wonder what the lyrics on this new one will be about. I'm betting that there won't be much C in the lyrics though. If I was to take a guess I would also say that this album will not be very good musically. Of course I wouldn't mind being proved wrong at all.
You won't like it. You've already set yourself up.

I was thinking the same thing...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 am

I have sort of known Joey for a little while...and my friend has known them off and on since they were a local band.

They were always non apologetic about their Christianity...but they were not a Christian band in the sense they went out and formed a band to further their beliefs. A lot of their lyrics had the content and they got a deal with a Christian label.

Lyrically the new album is the same....to more open minds.

I think alot of bands just choose to not use their faith as a selling point. The message is still there...it just is not whored to sell more records, or which is sadly more often the case....desuade people from buying the record.

Last edited by Shiney on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 am

Well at least they won't get dropped because of it being on Metal Blade.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Who is Shiney and why is this guy swearing on an album by the most legendary Christian metal band ever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 pm

steelers wrote:
Who is Shiney and why is this guy swearing on an album by the most legendary Christian metal band ever?
Christians swear. All the time.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
steelers wrote:

Yep,I've heard em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:23 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
steelers wrote:

Yep,I've heard em

Damn skippy. Cool
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:56 am

steelers wrote:

As for an answer to your question.Shiney is one of our resident cross-dressing,glam loving moderators.Haha.Also Hes friends with the band. Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:54 am

Eyesore wrote:
steelers wrote:

Damn it Eyesore, you are reveling all our f****** secrets!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I think this STEELERS dude sent the BELIEVER fellows a mean email about this supposed swearing on their new album...what a dork.

As from this moment forward until it's release, I have nothing to say about the album....I want to respect the bands wishes for secrecy and what not, as well as not cause any discourse with the label.

I just wanna say STEELERS seems very uncool.

and this cd WILL and DOES rock!!!

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:50 pm

I can't wait for the new album - money is set aside already.... listening to music
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:32 pm

WOW I can't believe that many people actually remember these guys! That is cool though. I remember having to go to a christian bookstore to buy Sanity Obscure when it came out. Another band I sold their discs years ago and haven't heard since 94 or something. Man I could just kick myself in the ass for all the stuff I sold back in the early to mid 90s.

I would be a rich man if I would have waited until the days of ebay! :glee: LOL
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm

A new horrible cover for their new album.

Believer News - Page 5 3234567370_e52f487157_o
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:50 pm

The cover art is ok, the logo is aweful.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Really...I thought it was cool.

That's hand painted you know....the woman. The dude paints them by hand and it takes forever.

To each their own I suppose.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Well I personally dislike the cover! I think they could have done much better.

Yeah its hand painted, but so is the stuff by Joe Petagno, Ed Repka and Dan Seagrave amongst many more. They could have had any of these guys do it and it would be a better cover no matter what is painted.

It just seems to me that they took the easy way out.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Bottom line...

It isn't my records...or yours...it's theirs.

So whatever they wanted, it's theirs to decide.

I doubt I'd be so bold as to claim "they took the easy way out" when I have no idea what that means...

if you mean by going with photography over a painting, that's a matter of personal taste.

And NONE of that has t do with the sounds contained on an album...I have hundred of killers cds with sh*tty artwork...and plenty of turds adorned with fantastic artwork.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:46 pm

I kinda like the artwork, but I wouldn't mind seeing the old logo pasted on there--you know, the logo in which it looks like all the letters have been "shocked". Oh well, I'm sure the music will be great anyway.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:59 pm

I can dig the artwork.i just wish they had used the old logo.But Shineys right,its their call not mine.I'll be getting it regardless.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Shiney wrote:
Really...I thought it was cool.

That's hand painted you know....the woman. The dude paints them by hand and it takes forever.

To each their own I suppose.

I think its pretty sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Well I was just stating that I don't give a flying rats ass who's cover it is. Simply put that they could have done better. And even YOU can't deny that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Ill be getting this regardless of cover art (I even grew to like the new artwork on Weapons re-release...)

Alex

Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:30 pm

I CAN deny that...better how...better what?

Better by your tastes....better by theirs?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Looks perfectly fine to me, i like the color... The music is what really matters anyway.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:25 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I can dig the artwork.i just wish they had used the old logo.But Shineys right,its their call not mine.I'll be getting it regardless.

Which one? It was different for each release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer News
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next