Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer News

Go down 
+32
chucksteak
steelers
7thSecond
Lurideath
nevermore
TH Joe
kethdredd
stevegarveyfan
shamgar75
Rex
DeathCult
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
metalken
Stender
kmorg
exact33
sam
Shiney
powermacho
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
outofstep
mr.electric39
mc666
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ultmetal
AchrisK
GrandNational
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Believer News - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 pm

I don't cuss...let's not start that Sh!t again.....

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:14 pm

But you just said sh....awww skip it. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
But you just said sh....awww skip it. Smile

He curses...ALOT
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Ok, its official, Gabriel is ridiculous!!!! 🤘

Another step forward, but still recognizably BELIEVER...and NOT the NIN/TOOL type thing they were kinda hyping as influenced by...that influence is more in the color in the background and does NOT affect the guitars or drums at all...

The longtime fans should be loving it...if you liked any of their previous albums, I can't see why you would not like this.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:18 pm

See...Ive been telling you all...It's killer.

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:25 pm

This is easily, IMO, the BEST of the Christian Metal comback/reunion records...by a mile.

AND, I think it'll be on a LOT of Metal website Top 20 lists for the year...
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 pm

I just got my copy in the mail, I can't wait to get off work, is it 1:30 yet?...how 'bout now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:58 am

I heard Shiney cussing!!!!! Shocked

What will all the Christian fans think??? lol!

It's not really a big deal, especially in the context of where it is in the song...doesn't sound out of place at all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's not really a big deal, especially in the context of where it is in the song...doesn't sound out of place at all...

Does Shiney sound like Kermit the Frog when he speaks? I heard he sounds like Kermit the Frog. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:02 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Does Shiney sound like Kermit the Frog when he speaks? I heard he sounds like Kermit the Frog. Smile

Nah...more like Dr.Teeth...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 pm

what bastards you are...... Very Happy

It was a hard task to write that....I knew the vibe they wanted....but wanted to try and capture a religious innuendo as well....I think it did. Pretty subtly.

And I got to record my son and he's there as well....The illustrious young X...mirroring the splintered lines of verse after the dialogue.

he was so excited to do it.

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Gee, it sure would be nice to hear what the hell you are talking about. lol!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:16 pm

I'd be interested in feedback from anybody here after you listen to the actual cd about the sonic qualities of the album, specifically if the mastering seems overly "loud" (can't really tell this from the online samples).

I'm gonna buy it anyway but I'll be a little bummed if they decided to do the whole ridiculously dynamically compressed thing that almost ruined some of my favorite albums from the past year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Shiney - I like the song...you guys did a good job.

Svengo - everything sounds fine to me...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 pm

I've been listening to it because I have to review it. So far it is great! A few hit and miss parts but its really good for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Well...the first reviews are starting to crop up and they are sounding good!!!

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=29839

http://www.thrashmag.com/reviews/content.aspx?id=2707

I am pretty excited and I'm not even a member of the band.

For note to anyone who cares, "Nonsense Mediated Decay" is the track I appear on...

Whoo!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Quote :
It is good to see these guys back after an extended hiatus. Believers fourth release Gabriel, is due in stores on 3/3/17 on Metal Blade Records and let me tell you, this is one hell of a comeback release.

oh man, we gotta wait 8 years for this to finally come out? stupid axl, look what he started.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 pm

I just ordered it from The End!! I cant wait to get it...

Alex

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 pm

^^ LOVE the sig man, classic!

I can't wait to get my copy - "Sanity Obscure" is such a monster album, and after FINALLY getting the Metal Mind re-issue of "Dimensions" last year, it's killer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 pm

This is a killer album for sure! Different, yet familiar. It's a good mix of the past, yet with a lot of new. The samples and computer noises are a little hit and/or miss though. But the music is outstanding. What baffles me is how easy "difficult" music seems to come to some, and Believer are just one of the bands that pulls it of flawlessly.

So, anyone got any info on what the 3 hidden tracks are called?

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm

How long do we have to hear Shiny pimp himself on this album? Cool

I love this album but the little mechanical extras kind of distract from the overall feel. Just a minor complaint though.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:00 am

Here a link to a review/write up/thingy....this is our local "modern Rock" station...ya know NICKELBACK garbage for the most part...good to see them reach out for this.

http://www.1057thex.com/Article.asp?id=1255640

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:15 am

MetalFRO wrote:
^^ LOVE the sig man, classic!

Thanks! Its been a bit of a dry spell with motivation for TheKing so it was fun to do the new sig!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 am

Just got it - i REALLY like it so far, haven't got to Shiney's song yet
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Limited Edition "The Brave" T-Shirts Benefiting Breast Cancer Research

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and although there are more breast cancer survivors today than in the past due to numerous advances in science and medicine, many women still lose the fight. Approximately 180,000 (1 out of Cool women were diagnosed with breast cancer last year in the United States alone.
Believer and artist Michael Rosner (Eye Level Studio) have designed a limited edition shirt to sell during the month of October with proceeds being donated to breast cancer research. Please join Believer and Eye Level Studio in helping to find a cure and honor "The Brave" women who have battled or are currently battling this horrific disease.

www.believerband.net

PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer News
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7