Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer News

Go down 
+32
chucksteak
steelers
7thSecond
Lurideath
nevermore
TH Joe
kethdredd
stevegarveyfan
shamgar75
Rex
DeathCult
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
metalken
Stender
kmorg
exact33
sam
Shiney
powermacho
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
outofstep
mr.electric39
mc666
Thrasher73
Troublezone
ultmetal
AchrisK
GrandNational
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 10:11 pm

From Blabbermouth:

Drummer Joey Daub of the the much-missed late '80s/early '90s technical-thrash metal band BELIEVER has issued the following update:

"It's time for some more BELIEVER info, folks! It's official: Kurt [Bachman;
guitar/vocals] and I have just finished tracking drums and guitars for
five new songs for pre-production. We are now back to focusing on
writing as well as adding bass, vocals, etc. to the recorded tracks.

"We are currently laying out our MySpace page and should be online in the middle of September, so look out for it.

"Our goal with the new record is to give the hardcore fans the BELIEVER that they know and love and also gain some new fans. We feel that so far we're meeting that goal. BELIEVER has always tried to add new elements on each recording and we will do so on this one, too.

"Even though pre-production is taking place at Trauma Studios, for our writing sessions we have been doin' it old school at Kurt's new house . . . analog cassette four-track, portable DAT player, unfinished basement, random carpet laying around and so on.

"A quick note on my drum carpet . . . Kurt
and I are somewhat superstitious and don't want to change anything due
to the tunes flowing along, but the cat has taken a liking to it and
has been pissing and droppin deuces on it. We just can't seem to change
ANYTHING! It is quite nasty back there but it must be helping somehow
with the writing, ha-ha."
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:41 pm

This scares me. Yes I want more Believer, but I just fear some of this modern melo-death-core crapo will creep in, or that they will try some overly artsy stuff. That would be such a let-down.

Last edited by on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:48 pm

I'm with you AcK. Sometimes I think it's best that bands don't reform.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 7:36 am

ultmetal wrote:

I'm hoping your wrong cuz i wanna hear a revitalized Believer back in the scene.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:09 am

Im ready for new Believer.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:10 am

troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I'm hoping your wrong cuz i wanna hear a revitalized Believer back in the scene.

I'm hoping so too. 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:23 am

looking forward to it. even if they change thier sound somewhat, i'd still listen with an open mind. i do not expect Dimensions part 2.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 am

troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I am hoping we are wrong too. I will definitely give it a listen with an open mind (read: not looking for part 2 of any existing album).
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I'm hoping so too. 🤘

couldn't agree more. Who knows perhaps they will surprise us all. At least there is some news. Frankly I'm still surprised no real bootleg video has shown up from back in the day. Those guys were just as good as the discs.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 8:16 am

Here's the latest news...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83661
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:07 am

Quote :
"Their debut album, 'Extraction From Mortality', easily shows the most brutal side of Christian metal, musically being comparable to thrash giants such as SLAYER and OBITUARY.

I think this is kinda dumb. Obituary are death metal, and not fast DM either. I think Extraction had more in common with Kreator than with Obituary...much more.
Back to top Go down

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:12 am

AchrisK wrote:
I think this is kinda dumb. Obituary are death metal, and not fast DM either. I think Extraction had more in common with Kreator than with Obituary...much more.

Agreed.

It's odd that Obituary's name has been thrown around a bit lately to describe Believer in this instance and someone compared Ultimatum to Obituary as well. I don't hear it in either case. Obituary has a very original death metal sound exclusive to them, methinks.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Yeah, I found the obituary comparison really odd as well. They really don't sound alike at all.
I've been a huge believer fan since I first heard "extraction" back in 1990. I love all three albums, but "extraction" is my favorite, and one of my all time favorite albums. I also am a bit nervous about the new album. I'll buy and listen with an open mind, but I cringe whenever bands say they are going for a more "modern" approach. Just for once, I'd love for a band to say "forget modern influences, were regressing back to the raw primitive thrash sound from our demo days". Yeah, that'll never happen.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:19 pm

outofstep wrote:
.... Just for once, I'd love for a band to say "forget modern influences, were regressing back to the raw primitive thrash sound from our demo days". Yeah, that'll never happen.

The Chosen!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:32 pm

I'd love to hear their new material, and let's all hope it is old school Believer, complete with violins and a female opera singer!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:08 am

I don't think they would even try putting anything new out unless they believed in it 100% at this point. Kurt has a really good job that pays way better than music ever did and Joey is doing good with FoT i presume. They have not dissappointed yet so let's hope for the best although i know it's impossible to please everyone but i think it will be great. Maybe a cross between all their previous records with a new twist?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:13 am

The new samples sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The new samples sounds pretty good.

Yup, I agree. I like what I hear from the little bits they have given. Definitely has potential!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: New believer update   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:15 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98178
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:33 am

Great news, Let's hope t is a great album. Bands should focus on their loyal fans, not on the young people that like contemporary stuff
Back to top Go down

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:32 am

Believer inks 3-album deal:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/98227
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:11 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Their "updates" sure are vague. We signed, not gonna tell you with who. We have a new CD coming out, not gonna tell you when. We're mixing the new material, not gonna tell you what it sounds like. insane

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Their "updates" sure are vague. We signed, not gonna tell you with who. We have a new CD coming out, not gonna tell you when. We're mixing the new material, not gonna tell you what it sounds like. insane

Makes more sense to do it this way, IMO. I mean, it's Believer, so you have some vague idea of the direction (save for whatever little turns they take)...so you don't need a sound description. Plus, how many times has a band said "Man, it's like an updated version of *most popular album*!" and then it comes out and it's anything but. Best to let fans decide for themselves...

Plus, the label probably wants them to wait on naming them.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:41 pm

I cannot say but I know the details here....I wil say: The new stuff is going to rock...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 pm

looking forward to some new stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

Believer News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer News   Believer News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer News
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next