Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+87
assault_attack
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
ZombieHavoc
anthrax_fan
fingers
Highway Star
Heavy Metal Ninja
Lari
moonspell67
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Aaron_D
BloodWinter
Eyesore
muckie
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Medieval Torture Device
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
Glower
Hadley
Dr8breed74
Troublezone
Required Fields
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
SAHB Healer
Vexer6
mikeinfla
Runicen
AmongTheRest
AutumnShantel
glassprison
Thelemech
rajah
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
metalinmyveins
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Locky
MetalRob331
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
RAIDwarden
Leatherface
bass63
dirtracin1
sovdat
thejokeriv
bgsully
mlotek
brokentulsa
MoonChild
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
David Panzer
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Gryphon-kl
EvyMetal
exact33
Witchfinder
chilejay7
Wurthless
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Wallace2112
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Addy
Andy
jettafiend
SpectreFate
manny
nevermore
Sutekh
DallasBlack
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Just finished up Paul Stanley's autobiography... quick, easy read that seems more like a Paul Stanley therapy session. The one thing that surprised me is how much he unloaded on Gene in the book, especially during the 80's parts of the book i.e. Gene's an egomaniac, Gene isn't the business genius he makes himself out to be, Gene should never have received producer credits on the 80's album, he wasn't there and his 80's songs sucked, we kissed and made up during the 90's..... He also claimed the reunion was his idea and he had to talk Gene into... which Gene only agreed to when he saw how much $$$ was offered. He unloaded on Ace & Peter too (Ace is lazy and drugs ruined him, Peter is dumb as a rock)

Some interesting stuff about his home life growing up and his deformed ear/deafness.

Interesting read - now that I have read all four books, each book is the truth from the author's perspective.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:12 pm

The Bourne Betrayal

Not Ludli but some other author, good so far.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just finished up Paul Stanley's autobiography... quick, easy read that seems more like a Paul Stanley therapy session. The one thing that surprised me is how much he unloaded on Gene in the book, especially during the 80's parts of the book i.e. Gene's an egomaniac, Gene isn't the business genius he makes himself out to be, Gene should never have received producer credits on the 80's album, he wasn't there and his 80's songs sucked, we kissed and made up during the 90's..... He also claimed the reunion was his idea and he had to talk Gene into... which Gene only agreed to when he saw how much $$$ was offered. He unloaded on Ace & Peter too (Ace is lazy and drugs ruined him, Peter is dumb as a rock)

Some interesting stuff about his home life growing up and his deformed ear/deafness.

Interesting read - now that I have read all four books, each book is the truth from the author's perspective.

Paul did a book signing here in North Jersey on Wednesday (at the same bookstore where I met Dave Mustaine a couple of years ago)... it was my day off and I was severely tempted to take a drive down there but I'm told there was a line down the block and a 3 hour wait so I'm glad I didn't bother. I've already met Paul once before (at a meet n greet for the Alive III album in NYC) anyway.

Still wanna read the book, will have to keep an eye out at the library for it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Reading 'Commando: An Autobiography of Johnny Ramone', excellent read
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 am

Just finished 'Kicking and Dreaming: A Story of Heart, soul and Rock and Roll by Ann & Nancy Wilson with Charles R Cross

and about to begin Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back: An Autobiography by Meat Loaf with David Dalton
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 pm

"Blood Testament" - #100 in the Mack Bolan/Executioner series

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 am

Reading 2 books

Song of Fire and Ice: Clash of Kings George RR Martin (2nd book of the Game of Thrones)

cant remember the title of the 2nd book atm
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:48 am

Just recently finished off two:

Words Of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
and
The Third Kingdom by Terry Goodkind

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Everything I'm Cracked Up to Be: A Rock & Roll Fairy Tale by Jen Trynin
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:45 am

Just finished up Stephen King's The Bachman Books. Four stories in all, with 2 so-so stories (Rage and Roadwork) and 2 good ones (The Long Walk and The Running Man).

Started his Different Seasons, one I had read years ago but feel like re-visiting. This book has some really good stories in it which have been turned into films - The Shawshank Redemption,The Body (film title Stand By Me) and Apt Pupil.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:51 am

007 wrote:
Just finished up Stephen King's The Bachman Books. Four stories in all, with 2 so-so stories (Rage and Roadwork) and 2 good ones (The Long Walk and The Running Man).

Started his Different Seasons, one I had read years ago but feel like re-visiting. This book has some really good stories in it which have been turned into films - The Shawshank Redemption,The Body (film title Stand By Me) and Apt Pupil.

The Bachman Books and Different Seasons are both excellent!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Finished:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Bizarro+heroes+coverSM

Now:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Here-We-Go-Again-The-Eighteenth-Shermans-Lagoon-Collection-Paperback-L9781449441623
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

Reading The Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Classics. On Mere Christianity at the moment.

It's a long-standing recommendation from my grandmother (whoops, there goes all metal cred  Smile ) that I'm finally getting around to.

Even where I don't agree with him, I have to admit that his language and logic are impeccable. The guy was pretty sharp.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock and Heavy Metal vol. II
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:32 am

Partway into Cory Doctorow's Little Brother.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:57 am

Noah : Another Storm Is Coming by E.G. White
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:57 am

When I was a kid I had Different Seasons by Stephen King. I recently found a copy of this book and had no idea The Shawshank Redemption was a story in it. Currently reading this book, prob will pick up The Shining after that (found that too). Then will have to check out the sequel called Dr. Sleep.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:37 am

Just finished reading both Paul Stanley and Peter Criss's autobiographies, they're both extremely compelling books and heartbreaking in parts, looking forward to reading Ace and Gene's books next.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Finished Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller and currently reading 'And the Band Played On' by Randy Shiflts
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:53 am

Devouring Young Lions by Irvin Shaw right now. M.R. James' collection of ghost stories and Thomas Harris' Red Dragon are up next.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 am

Child In Time- Ian Gillan
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 9:08 am

The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P by Adelle Waldman
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:08 am

Currently reading a novel written by a good friend, as well as Tom Clancy: The Sum of All Fears
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 am

Just finished Fischer Black's Exploring General Equilibrium and started in Hayek's The Road to Serfdom.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:16 am

The Doors: When the Music's Over: The Stories Behind Every Song by Chuck Crisafulli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next