Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tr00 metal

Go down 
+26
Wurthless
Gilbert
metalheaded
kmorg
Alex Dee Rokket
DallasBlack
Vexer6
DevZor
mc666
choosemetal
Temple of Blood
Addy
Lurideath
journeyman
jstate
Dark Horseman
exact33
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
bgsully
manny
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Tr00 metal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm

It's not super hilarious but you might get a kick from this. Nocturnal Evilness and impurity.

http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-partial-troll-of-black-metal-band.html
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm

But those black metallers dont even wear jeans and leather, they wear crackerjack clothes!

(Seriously though, aside from Immortal and Emperor, i just cant get into black metal, ive tried, but it doesnt really appeal to me. I would never bash anyone who likes the style though)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:37 am

Goodnight, everybody. Stay tr00 .

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

No mosh! No core! No Trend! No Fun! Must be grimm, tr00 and kvlt at all times!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:16 am

I actually dig some black metal. Drudkh,Enslaved,Ihsahn,Alcest,Arcturus,In The Woods, but I doubt most fans of the genre would consider these bands tr00,kvlt.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:53 pm

cruedevil71 wrote:
I actually dig some black metal. Drudkh,Enslaved,Ihsahn,Alcest,Arcturus,In The Woods, but I doubt most fans of the genre would consider these bands tr00,kvlt.
now Drudkh is good. I really only listen to Immortal or Darkthrone when it comes to black metal though. I also enjoy the first two Dissection albums I don't know if there considered black metal or not.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:29 am

I like Alcest, Triptykon, Primordial, Some Burzum (the electronic stuff) Weh, Lifelover and a few other bands associated with Black Metal. I also like early Bathory, Celtic Frost, Bulldozer, Sodom and Venom.

What i don't like is the shitty attitudes that go with that scene. Saying that you hate posers and then go out looking like this

Tr00 metal - Page 4 Gorgor10

Saying that you hate conformity and then all looking and sounding exactly the flipping same!!

And the arrogant delusion that anything or anyone that has a differing sound or opinion is inferior.

And all of the far right wing racist cobblers.

And encouraging self harm among young fans (I'm looking at you Shining). Sorry but I'm an adult and I don't think promoting that kind of crap amongst young kids is cool or tr00.

But apart from that I've got no strong opinions on the subject. Razz 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 am

I see Keith refused to allow this thread to go RIP. tr00 

[everyone should check out that tangerine slices video above. It's a hoot.]
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 am

I love kvlt metal like ... Firehouse! yeah!! \m/
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I like Alcest, Triptykon, Primordial, Some Burzum (the electronic stuff) Weh, Lifelover and a few other bands associated with Black Metal. I also like early Bathory, Celtic Frost, Bulldozer, Sodom and Venom.

What i don't like is the shitty attitudes that go with that scene. Saying that you hate posers and then go out looking like this

Saying that you hate conformity and then all looking and sounding exactly the flipping same!!

And the arrogant delusion that anything or anyone that has a differing sound or opinion is inferior.

And all of the far right wing racist cobblers.

And encouraging self harm among young fans (I'm looking at you Shining). Sorry but I'm an adult and I don't think promoting that kind of crap amongst young kids is cool or tr00.

But apart from that I've got no strong opinions on the subject. Razz 
Pretty much sums up my thoughts to the T. It took me until like 5 or 6 years ago before I could really give the genre a true listen, besides the obvious like CF,Bathory and their brethren/ilk. That's also right about the time that a lot of the bands I dig started to blow up or emerge. Coincidence,I think not.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 am

I hope this doesn't turn into a thread against black metal. Every type of metal (& music in general), has it's douchebag diehards who refuse to listen to anything else. Creeps like that should be taken with a grain of salt. They are not representative of everyone who appreciates that particular style of music.

cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 am

My point is that the genre has a bad reputation for many obvious reasons. Like I said above,it took me forever to give it a chance and actually find bands I honestly dig. Black metal has come a long way since the 2nd wave of bands. I for one, love how its evolved and I'm excited to see how "mainstream" it will get. I'm curious to know if any bm bands have ever played the late night talk shows. Like Satyicon on Saturday Night Live and the sort. Mustgooglenow.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:28 am

This mainstream enough? Laughing very hard 

tr00 
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:46 am

Thats 4:32 of pure genius.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
I hope this doesn't turn into a thread against black metal. Every type of metal (& music in general), has it's douchebag diehards who refuse to listen to anything else. Creeps like that should be taken with a grain of salt. They are not representative of everyone who appreciates that particular style of music.
Agreed 100%.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm

I enjoy some black metal. Emperor, Enslaved, Immortal are all great to me. And one of the newer black metal bands I enjoy is Inquisition.
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Ive been digging Hades (Nor) also known as Hades Almighty these days. Great Viking/BM band. Has anybody else around here heard them? Here's a vid!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:47 am

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Agreed 100%.  

I agree too, that's why I wanted to list the many black & post black metal bands that I dig. (I forgot to mention Ihsahn, Hexvessel & Ulver who have all done stuff I love) I think that BM has been unafraid to experiment and do things outside of the limitations usually associated with metal.

It's just that the stupid stuff tends to get the publicity so when you say that you like BM, the casual observer assumes that you are a church desecrating, gay person murdering nazi satanist!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:24 am

I don't even know what true metal is anymore. I think the bands from the eighties were all true, from Death all the way to early Def Leppard. As the bands we love retire and we reach middle age and older the term "metal" might not even exist. All I know is this: even my younger friends in their early thirties don't like most of the newer bands that are out now like BMTH, AV7, and others. The traditional metal head with his jean jacket filled with patches, and long hair is already starting to look like a retro Halloween costume, much like the people that sport tye-died shirts, peace sign necklaces pretending to be Deadheads.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 pm

I have mentioned this in other threads but over the years I have found my tastes drifting away evermore further from the 'extreme' style of metal. Black Metal is a prime example for me of a genre that when I was younger seemed like a 'cool' rebellious thing that later on (in my late 20s) lost its appeal to me.

When I first Black Metal it seemed very furious and aggressive sounding with a chilling raw atmosphere - it was perfect for the cooler season and the sort of music you'd listen to while traveling to the mountains - but these days I find that it's all just mashed up noise. I would much rather listen to music with clean vocals with a flowing structure rather than jack hammering drums and raspy-throat vocals.

The problem I find is that today's younger generation of metal fans don't seem to consider anything that is not br00tal or kvlt as being metal. Basically most of what is popular these days is breakdown riffs, jackhammer drums, growling vocals etc. and to the average person out there (including the new breed of metal fans) that's about what passes for metal these days. Stuff with clean vocals and melodic instrumentation seldom features in the metal rhetoric of the day - usually relegated to review sites, discussion forums and in very rare cases the 'Classic Rock' magazine.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Times change, music morphs into new forms, younger generations gravitate toward different things and if you live long enough you'll see it happen again and again. Instead of looking at it as a negative, just accept that's the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
Times change, music morphs into new forms, younger generations gravitate toward different things and if you live long enough you'll see it happen again and again.  Instead of looking at it as a negative, just accept that's the way it is.  
I agree, if teenagers want to like completely different music to me, that sounds normal & healthy. It's pretty much always been that way, my dad was not a big Possessed fan. lol! 

I'll just continue to like what I like and kids will do the same.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:47 am

There's only one thing that has me concerned, however. Doesn't it seem like today's popular music is at its worst, and perhaps even a tale of things to come? Before this era we had good music and we had bad music. Today it seems merely mediocre, safe, rarely groundbreaking, and completely dependent on image (before it was only somewhat dependent on image). Remember that I'm talking about popular music here.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:20 am

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Times change, music morphs into new forms, younger generations gravitate toward different things and if you live long enough you'll see it happen again and again.  Instead of looking at it as a negative, just accept that's the way it is.  
I agree, if teenagers want to like completely different music to me, that sounds normal & healthy. It's pretty much always been that way, my dad was not a big Possessed fan. lol! 

I agree as well. Current music will all sound the same to those who can't appreciate anything outside of their comfort zone. As for metal, the kids of today gravitate towards the extreme, sure. That does not mean that they don't appreciate the sounds of the forefathers. Look at the popularity of the new AVx7, the continuing popularity of Iron Maiden, Motorhead, & Rush, & the combination of modern traditional/extreme bands. Music continues to evolve & reprise. Critics do neither.

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:29 am

mc666 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I agree as well. Current music will all sound the same to those who can't appreciate anything outside of their comfort zone. As for metal, the kids of today gravitate towards the extreme, sure. That does not mean that they don't appreciate the sounds of the forefathers. Look at the popularity of the new AVx7, the continuing popularity of Iron Maiden, Motorhead, & Rush, & the combination of modern traditional/extreme bands. Music continues to evolve & reprise. Critics do neither.
Well said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tr00 metal
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4