Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones

Go down 
+3
SAHB Healer
mc666
stormspell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Empty
PostSubject: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:57 am

Te HORDE thread got me thinking about bands which mock a genre, and inadvertently create better music than the majority of the tr00 bands within that genre.

Here's an example - this is the mighty FROSTBITTEN BASEMENT song, written by Ced (Rocka Rollas) for the Metal Archive Song Writing challenge - Round 3.

It is a tr00 mentality mockery with charmingly infantile high-school lyrics, yet music-wise it easily kills the vast majority of the real black metal bands which take themselves seriously

Lyrics:

Waaaah!
Down in the depths of my moms frostbitten basement
In darkness I dwell I'll never see the light of day
My tape recorder is grim and evil
Satan lives in my closet we F*ck goats every night
I buy seven inches for millions of dollars on Ebay
Because they are kvlt and I'm true black metal
Waaah!

Frostbitten basement
Frostbitten basement
Frostbitten basement
The source of true evil

Waaaah!

I will stay in darkness
With my handnumbered tapes
My Mayhem collection
Is finally complete
Oh I am so happy
I jump around in joy
With my necklace of Dead's skull
Stuck up in my ass
Waaaaah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:41 am

Did we really need another thread bashing an entire sub-genre?

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:00 am

The intention was not so much to bash, but to find bands which do not fall within genre definitions, yet deliver, like HORDE for example.

But its on a crude side, I can see that, yeah, please feel free to pull the plug if you feel so
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:25 am

A lot of bands sort of mock the principles behind the music they love, but still enjoy the music and atmosphere, & are inspired by it. I don't see anything wrong with it. So long as they respect the music itself.

If you don't like the ideologies of certain bands, that's fine & dandy. Entire styles shouldn't be written off as a joke because of that though.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:53 am

As I've said before, I've always taken Celtic Frost's Cold Lake as a send up of glam; and I like it better than any glam album. I don't know if it was meant to be humor or not, I always took it that way though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:22 am

mc666 wrote:
A lot of bands sort of mock the principles behind the music they love, but still enjoy the music and atmosphere, & are inspired by it. I don't see anything wrong with it. So long as they respect the music itself.

If you don't like the ideologies of certain bands, that's fine & dandy. Entire styles shouldn't be written off as a joke because of that though.

Case in Point: Weird Al. Assuming he likes the music he enjoys the music he makes fun of. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Annihilator did this with Set the World...what? They didn't. Oh. Well, look at Raven with The Pack...wait, you're kidding. They were for real? Sheesh; OK...uh, hey anyone remember LA Guns and American HardcOH f*cking MOTHER OF GOD.

In all seriousness, Metal bands do everyone a favor when they step back and take the David Lee Roth approach of levity.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:37 am

I don't think that there is any harm in gently mocking the stupidity of some bands lyrics. Metal, in general gives them plenty of ammunition

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:42 am

While not a mock band, they are more of a satire band, Norways Black Debbath play doom ala Black Sabbath better than most.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm

stormspell wrote:

Lyrics:

Waaaah!
Down in the depths of my moms frostbitten basement
In darkness I dwell I'll never see the light of day
My tape recorder is grim and evil
Satan lives in my closet we F*ck goats every night
I buy seven inches for millions of dollars on Ebay
Because they are kvlt and I'm true black metal
Waaah!

Frostbitten basement
Frostbitten basement
Frostbitten basement
The source of true evil

Waaaah!

I will stay in darkness
With my handnumbered tapes
My Mayhem collection
Is finally complete
Oh I am so happy
I jump around in joy
With my necklace of Dead's skull
Stuck up in my ass
Waaaaah!

Laughing very hard Okay, that is frickin' hysterical. Thumbs up, "like," "+1," and so forth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm

"My tape recorder is grim and evil."

Shit just got real. affraid
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that that is one seriously depressed looking goat!!

tr00
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that that is one seriously depressed looking goat!!

tr00

He misses his "maaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaa." K, thanks guys, got my bad joke for the day out and can now relax.

tr00 !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones   Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black metal bands mocking the genre and doing better job than the tr00 ones
Page 1 of 1