Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tr00 metal

Go down 
+26
Wurthless
Gilbert
metalheaded
kmorg
Alex Dee Rokket
DallasBlack
Vexer6
DevZor
mc666
choosemetal
Temple of Blood
Addy
Lurideath
journeyman
jstate
Dark Horseman
exact33
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
bgsully
manny
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Tr00 metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
The whole "poser" argument became irrelevant to me around the time I left Junior High.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure my high school self would call me a poser because I started listening to Def Leppard again!.....wait....did I just admit that out loud?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm way too old to care, not that I ever did much. I had friends that called me poser back when because I didn't listen ot only thrash and NWOBHM.
I've heard young uns talk about getting back to true metal meaning stuff that's core. I never understand that.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm

I don't give a rat's ass either, I listen to everything from Madonna to Morbid Angel, if I like it, I like it
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm

manny wrote:
I don't give a rat's ass either, I listen to everything from Madonna to Morbid Angel, if I like it, I like it

headbanger

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Well, the Madonna is kind of weird. Tr00 metal - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm also completely sick of people using the term "Sell Out", it's a stupid term that gets misused far more often than used correctly.

If you released an album for profit...then technically you are a "sell out".

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm

I know I don't want to be false metal. I don't want to be the metal which comes from China, gets shipped here, gets shipped back to China, resmelt, shipped back over here, repeat process. That stuff isn't worth anything and it will break off in your face and give you tetanus and make you die. I only want things to die as a result of true metal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I know I don't want to be false metal. I don't want to be the metal which comes from China, gets shipped here, gets shipped back to China, resmelt, shipped back over here, repeat process. That stuff isn't worth anything and it will break off in your face and give you tetanus and make you die. I only want things to die as a result of true metal.

feelin ok there OCI?

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 pm

My playlist for today is tr00!
Possessor - Make Them Eat Metal
Coheed & Cambria - The Aftermath - Ascension
W.A.S.P. - The Last Command
Cheap Trick - All Shook Up
Lizzy Borden - Murderous Metal Road Show
headbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Great playlist. That Coheed & Cambria is awesome stuff. I still need to pick up the Descension.

I've never understood why ANYONE cares what anyone else listens to or is into. Or how they personally decide to label it. Or how they represent their love of it. What you love is what you love. To hell with what I or anyone thinks about it. I'm at the point I'm just glad people are still into music - whatever it might be. And are buying it more importantly.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:58 pm

manny wrote:
The term heavy metal means different things to different people. I and ULT are around the same age and have labeled bands such as AC/DC, KISS, and Aerosmith as metal, because that is what they were labeled when we were growing up.
I agree Smile

Poser? Is that cr@p still hanging on.

Oh great, put another notch in your lipstick case cause you listen to way cooler tr00 music. lol!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm also completely sick of people using the term "Sell Out", it's a stupid term that gets misused far more often than used correctly.

If you released an album for profit...then technically you are a "sell out".

All too true, oh I mean tr00.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 pm

manny wrote:
Right on.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Yes back in the day those bands were called heavy metal. But that was then. Aerosmyth is no where near being a metal band for the last 15 years.

Anyways to the original topic here... HAHAHAHA!!!!! Kids will be kids I guess. You handled it well it seems.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
My playlist for today is tr00!
Possessor - Make Them Eat Metal
Coheed & Cambria - The Aftermath - Ascension
W.A.S.P. - The Last Command
Cheap Trick - All Shook Up
Lizzy Borden - Murderous Metal Road Show
headbanger

Pffft. Not a single member of any band on that list has ever burnt a church, murdered a poser or eaten someone's liver. Totally unTr00. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Pffft. Not a single member of any band on that list has ever burnt a church, murdered a poser or eaten someone's liver. Totally unTr00. Very Happy

And yet Lionel Richie has done all of these (at least twice) and he's still not considered metal! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I thought this might make for some interesting responses. I've been having a discussion with a guy who claims that I am a 'poser' because I listen to lame-ass glam rock and don't know what real metal is. Apparently bands like Burzum and Watain are the only "tr00" metal while the bands on my site are "poser metal".

Gotta admit, I have no idea who Watain are. I don't care even slightly about Varg and Burzum, but then I don't really care about black metal in general.

First of all, what's with "tr00"? Is it uncool to spell correctly? True metal!

Second, what makes metal "tr00"?

Third, what makes me a 'poser'? Because I listen to the music I enjoy and don't restrict myself to one small sub-genre of metal? I've been a fanatic since the 70's. In what way am I pretending or "being a poser?" I think the poser is this 20-something who feels the need to waste his time pointing a finger at me.

And finaly, since when is black metal the only real metal? Frankly I think I'd have a better case for saying black metal isn't true metal as it focuses on philosophies, ideologies and attitude over music.

Thanks for letting me rant! Tr00 metal - Page 2 438278

I think from the time I first met ya Ult to now I think I have warmed up more about Metal than back in the day. About 10-12 years now I think you have given me some good selections over the years, and in essence I credit you for elevating my love for Megadeth. Anyways, one thing that has always turned me off to not only Heavy Metal as music and the Metal culture is this whole "This is true metal, this is not" mentality. I think personally Metal has not been the same since the 70s with bands like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath, some of the pioneers of Metal. You gotta admit it as a genre it exploded as theres so many sub cultures and generes out there its hard to keep track.

I can say and Im not saying this to push fluff on ya but You and Poser being in the same sentence is ridiculous. IMO being a true metalhead is not only loving the music you love but knowing enough on whats going on in the scene too. You live it, you love it, its obvious and again to not blow smoke up your butt but If I were asked about "True Metalheads" You'd be near if not at the top of my list. I think anybody accusing (being serious and not in a joking way mind you) another of being a "poser" or not a "true metalhead" is a sure sign of being narrow minded and a downright wanker in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

And yet Lionel Richie has done all of these (at least twice) and he's still not considered metal! Laughing very hard

Bah. Lionel Richie doesn't wear corpse paint or bullet belts so he's a Poser too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
First of all, what's with "tr00"?

Internet slang.

Quote :
Second, what makes metal "tr00"?

image/pretentiousness

Quote :
Third, what makes me a 'poser'?

You're not.

Quote :
And finaly, since when is black metal the only real metal? Frankly I think I'd have a better case for saying black metal isn't true metal as it focuses on philosophies, ideologies and attitude over music.

I could not agree more.

Plus black metal is rarely "riff-based" which is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for metal music.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Well I never heard anybody spell it "tr00". I kinda thought that "true" metal would be bands like
(old) Morbid Angel, and Sodom you know bands like that.

Actually I'm sort of involved with people who are like that but there more like into old school thrash,death, and speed metal and they always say that's true metal. Black Metal fans are the worst there are some nice one's but most are major douches.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm

I can see this tr00 moniker becoming a running joke around here lol!

Here's a nice bet: ask any of the above-mentioned "tr00" artists who their musical inspirations are. Relay this information to the "tr00" defendant.

He'll be shocked beyond words.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 pm

I really think that what is and is not metal is really determined by the listener.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:29 am

S.D. wrote:
The whole "poser" argument became irrelevant to me around the time I left Junior High.
Ditto. I refuse to have such conversations. I listen to what I like & don't give a damn about how it looks to others.

DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 am

Tr00 br000tlz 100010001000001110011011000 1011011010000010001 (internet geek slang for TRU BRUTAL WARRIORS WILL MURDER DEATH THE WEAKLING POSER FALSES) (slang for I am insecure about myself and my tastes, typing in all caps makes meh feel like a real boy. Typing in caps aand numbers makes me feel like astro boy... Or better yet megaman.) The mind of the internet troo metal guy.

I'm not sure any of that made sense outside my head. But in here its big laughs... Sometimes it amazes me the internet ever lets me in...

Anyway carry on, NLTM RULES!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tr00 metal   Tr00 metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tr00 metal
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next