Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)

Go down 
+4
James B.
metalken
bgsully
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Empty
PostSubject: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:40 am

Years prior to MTV and decades before public Internet, there was an intransigent force of high-energy rock 'n' roll that dominated the city of Los Angeles. Lost in oblivion over the past 30-40 years, only a handful of stalwarts survived the new millennium yet these bands and artists set the blueprint for the hair metal, power metal and thrash metal bands that would soon follow and reign over Los Angeles and the entire global hemisphere throughout the '80s and into the 2000s. These artists were the groundbreakers and trailblazers that set the course of heavy metal history!! Yet, for some reason, very little is known about these founding fathers of hard rock and heavy metal music... until now!

Reality Entertainment takes you on a transcendental journey into heavy metal yesteryear in this compelling DVD (the first of many series to come) "Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)".

In the mid-'70s throughout the early '80s, cutting-edge hard rock bands such as SNOW, LEGS DIAMOND, SMILE, A LA CARTE, STORMER, AXIS, EULOGY, DANTE FOX, XCITER, THE BOYZ, LONDON, WOLFGANG, SUITE 19, AIRBORN, DETECTIVE, QUIET RIOT (the early incarnation with Randy Rhoads), SOUND BARRIER, MICKY RATT, STEELER, THE GREG LEON INVASION, MAX HAVOC, SORCERY, VENDETTA, THE SHARKS, PRETTY POISON, and many others (including a little-known band from Orange County called METALLICA and another band from Pasadena you may have heard of named VAN HALEN) ruled the Los Angeles and Orange County nightclubs such as The Starwood, The Whisky, Gazzarri's, The Woodstock, The Woodsound, Pasadena Civic Auditorium, The Stardust Ballroom, The Troubadour, The Fleetwood, Valley West, and backyard parties throughout the southland. This DVD features extraordinary interviews with many of the prime players of the late '70s L.A. rock scene and its surroundings, including:

* Carlos Cavazo (SNOW, QUIET RIOT, RATT)
* Jack Russell (DANTE FOX, GREAT WHITE)
* Don Dokken (AIRBORN, DOKKEN)
* Brian O'Brian (A LA CARTE)
* Stephen Quadros (ORANGE, SNOW)
* Greg Leon (SUITE 19, DUBROW, DOKKEN, GREG LEON INVATION)
* Joey Vera (SAPHIRE, GREG LEON INVASION, ARMORED SAINT)
* Roger Romeo (LEGS DIAMOND, FUNKIN MANIACS)
* Pat McKeon (BADMOON, MAX HAVOC)
* Scotty Waller (SMILE)
* Bernie K. (SOUND BARRIER)
* Frank Dimino (ANGEL)
* Paul Shortino (ROUGH CUTT)
* Ron Keel (STEELER, KEEL)
* Kelly Garni (QUIET RIOT)
* Vinnie Paul Abbott (PANTERA, DAMAGEPLAN, HELLYEAH)
* Ann Boleyn (HELLION)
* Vinny Appice (AXIS, RICK DERRINGER, BLACK SABBATH, DIO)
* Marq Torien (Ratt, BULLETBOYS)
* Michael DesBarres (SILVERHEAD, DETECTIVE, CHECQURED PAST, POWER STATION)
* Steve Plunkett (WOLFGANG, AUTOGRAPH)
* Jon Hyde (HOKUS POKUS, DETECTIVE, FUNKIN MANIACS)
* Lars Ulrich (METALLICA)

Directed by Bob Nalbandian (The Headbanger fanzine), the DVD also features interviews of major supporters of the L.A. club scene of that era, including David Forest (promoter/manager of The Starwood and The Whisky), Malcolm Dome (U.K. journalist), Alan Wood (L.A. scenester), Kevin Estrada (photographer), Jon Sutherland (journalist), John Kornarens (journalist, scenester), and Brian Slagel (journalist, founder/CEO Metal Blade Records).

Bob Nalbandian founded The Headbanger in early 1982 when he was just 17 years old, and released the inaugural issue later that year. The seminal fanzine featured articles and interviews that vividly captured the emerging heavy metal scene.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:45 am

I'd like to see this!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 am

Yea, looks pretty interesting. Always cool to find some new undiscovered bands and see the old archival footage.

Don Dokken looks terrible. I almost didn't recognize him. Razz 

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am

Bob Nalbandian has two of the best metal podcasts out - Shockwaves Hardradio & Skull Sessions. I enjoy his stuff because not only does he devote shows to older bands and scenes. but he also does speak to a ton of newer bands.
Have been hearing about this documentary for some time now, glad to see it is almost done.Check out the facebook page for tons of old photographs -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inside-LA-Metal-Movie-Documentary/495814713775175?fref=ts
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 pm

sounds great

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:13 pm

I will definitley check it out
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 pm

metalken wrote:
Bob Nalbandian has two of the best metal podcasts out - Shockwaves Hardradio & Skull Sessions. I enjoy his stuff because not only does he devote shows to older bands and scenes. but he also does speak to a ton of newer bands.
Have been hearing about this documentary for some time now, glad to see it is almost done.Check out the facebook page for tons of old photographs -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inside-LA-Metal-Movie-Documentary/495814713775175?fref=ts
headbanger I love Bob's podcasts. They are very very well done. I am waiting eagerly for this doc.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Cool. Can't wait to see it. I'm really interested.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:29 am

Been following this on Facebook. I'm def. going to see this.

PostSubject: Re: Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)   Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)
Page 1 of 1