Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Inception. Sci-fi fan here, I'm of two minds with this movie.

I'm a fan of Nolan's films (The Prestige being my favorite) but I have to admit that Inception left me cold overall. I give it total props for being inventive and beautifully shot, but I don't know about all the gunplay in dream land...I was hoping for something a little more ethereal that didn't rely quite so heavily on action scenes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It seems our shared opinion is of the minority according to the internet. The guns were my main problem; nowhere is it explained how the projections can be militant or trained to be such, and it all seemed so obligatory and redundant. It would've been a better movie without all the Bond-cum-Matrix action. The movie also required a hefty amount of suspending one's disbelief while at the same time demanding full attention to the cerebral elements. The combination makes for a tough pill to swallow, and I'm more fond of the latter.

Can't deny, though, it was smart as beans and made for some fascinating deliberation.

The guns didn't bug me at all - I loved Inception (and my favorite Nolan movie.) The thing that surprised me the most about it is the re-watchability factor. I get sucked in everytime it's on TV.

That's cool thought everyone has an opinion!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Merlin - Series 3

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Inception. Sci-fi fan here, I'm of two minds with this movie.

I'm a fan of Nolan's films (The Prestige being my favorite) but I have to admit that Inception left me cold overall. I give it total props for being inventive and beautifully shot, but I don't know about all the gunplay in dream land...I was hoping for something a little more ethereal that didn't rely quite so heavily on action scenes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It seems our shared opinion is of the minority according to the internet. The guns were my main problem; nowhere is it explained how the projections can be militant or trained to be such, and it all seemed so obligatory and redundant. It would've been a better movie without all the Bond-cum-Matrix action. The movie also required a hefty amount of suspending one's disbelief while at the same time demanding full attention to the cerebral elements. The combination makes for a tough pill to swallow, and I'm more fond of the latter.

Can't deny, though, it was smart as beans and made for some fascinating deliberation.

The guns didn't bug me at all - I loved Inception (and my favorite Nolan movie.) The thing that surprised me the most about it is the re-watchability factor. I get sucked in everytime it's on TV.

That's cool thought everyone has an opinion!

I actually plan on watching it again. It kind of works like Memento--more is revealed as the film goes on and the viewer is gradually pulled out of the dark. I love watching the reverse cut of Memento, and with Inception I'm sure I'm going to discover a lot more the second time around. Can't say that for very many movies.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Defiance on ScyFy

Better than expected, some decent character development going on. Hope it has legs !

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 am

Like Crazy (2011)

Simple, direct and frequently painful, this primarily improvised drama strips away all the storytelling artifice usually associated with relationship films and just offers up a string of moments and lets the performances speak for themselves. The characters aren't perfect, they make bad decisions, they sometimes lie to each other, sometimes hurt others along the way (including Jennifer Lawrence in a small but pivotal role) but the film does no judging, it's presented in a way so that the viewer is left to decide. Not for every taste to be sure (especially since it's character driven not plot-driven) but a very honest film with a truly standout performance from British actress Felicity Jones.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Fanboys. If you like Star Wars, you'll love this. Movie quotes, in-jokes, cameos and nostalgia make this a breezy and frequently hilarious watch.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:07 am

Fanboys is awesome, I've seen it a few times now.

Tonight:

Brazil (Terry Gilliam, 1985)

One of the most original films of the 1980s and still holds up beautifully today. Loved revisiting all the incredible production design, set decoration, props and model-based effects...makes me long for a time when you actually had to build stuff instead of whipping it up on a computer. Very funny, VERY dark.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:54 am

Brazil was amazing, demands repeat viewings.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 am

No Man's Land
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:01 am

S.D. wrote:
Fanboys is awesome, I've seen it a few times now.

Tonight:

Brazil (Terry Gilliam, 1985)

One of the most original films of the 1980s and still holds up beautifully today. Loved revisiting all the incredible production design, set decoration, props and model-based effects...makes me long for a time when you actually had to build stuff instead of whipping it up on a computer. Very funny, VERY dark.
I love that film! Its dark sense of humor is right up my alley. I especially like the ending

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 am

James B. wrote:
Defiance on ScyFy

Better than expected, some decent character development going on. Hope it has legs !

Watched it too - should be interesting to see if it develops into a great show
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Once Upon A Time
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

The Hidden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Buffy - Season 1

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The Hidden.
"On your feet...ON YOUR FEEEEEETTT!!!!..."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Flipping between The Pens/Canadiens game and the Pirates/Cardinals game
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 pm

007 wrote:
Flipping between The Pens/Canadiens game and the Pirates/Cardinals game
The Pirates/Cardinals game sucked!
AJ Burnett was unhittable, literally for almost 7 innings. Go watch your hockey. Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
The Hidden.
"On your feet...ON YOUR FEEEEEETTT!!!!..."

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:25 am

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

Really enjoyed the sharp sense of humour juxtaposed with the varying philosophical ideas as impending doom closes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:28 am

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Defiance on ScyFy

Watched it too - should be interesting to see if it develops into a great show

Strip away the sci-fi trappings and it's an old-school Western, all the classic cliches are there. Not a bad thing at all, it just puts all the weight of carrying the show on the characters. They have a strong cast, here's hoping the writers can step up to the plate and provide them with the ammunition needed to make it a good show that lasts.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 am

On Demand is falling behind so I had to watch my DVDs. I'm watching:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Tumblr_m6t42pEhiE1qzi1m9o1_400

"It's a planet full of Ron Pearlmans!" lol!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 4:37 am

The Following
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:51 am

Oblivion (cinema premiere) - excellent
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 am

Psych
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next