Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite hair metal supergroup

Go down 
+27
journeyman
MoonChild
brokentulsa
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
stepcousin
nevermore
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
chewie
jettafiend
manny
stormspell
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
James B.
Witchfinder
bassman
Wurthless
tohostudios
TheGreatDuck
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

What's your favorite hair metal supergroup
Mr. Big
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Damn Yankees
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Badlands
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 17 ]
Bad English
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blue Murder
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Contraband
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Katmandu
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Arcade
 0% [ 0 ]
Heavy Bones
 0% [ 0 ]
Wild Horses
 0% [ 0 ]
Dirty White Boy
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mr. Big is such a badass band...like a more AOR Van Halen...I can't figure out how they didn't blow this poll wide open.

I at least had this to say....

Quote :
Mr. Big had the more talented/versatile musicians (IMHDO)
Damn Yankees had the better songwriters (IMHDO)
but.................
Badlands had the overall package and a more consistant claim to style. So thus my vote.

Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Badlands!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Damn Yankees had some good tunes but they were just too "wussified" for me (probably thanks to Tommy Shaw). When I saw them live, Jackyl opened for them and blew them off the stage (despite Ted shooting a flaming arrow!).

You must've seen the same D.Y. tour I did. I saw'em at Radio City Music Hall in NYC, Jackyl were dumb as a box of rocks but so much fun to watch.

At one point Jesse James DuPree jumped off the stage (in his underwear, of course) and ran up and down the aisles, wailing all kinds of random noises on a guitar. He jumped up onto an empty seat right in front of my friend Ralph and I, played the riff from "My Sharona," then looked right at us and said "I wrote that." We were dyin'. Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 201269
Sounds like it. I saw them in New Haven, CT and we were late and missed the beginning of Jackyl's set but got there in time to see Jesse carve up a stool with his chainsaw while also soloing with it. You're right, they were just stupid fun which is probably why I enjoyed their set so much. DY came out and just seemed so "corporate" and staid by comparison.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Blue Murder was awesome, and underrated
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite hair metal supergroup
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3