Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite hair metal supergroup

Go down 
+27
journeyman
MoonChild
brokentulsa
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
stepcousin
nevermore
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
chewie
jettafiend
manny
stormspell
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
James B.
Witchfinder
bassman
Wurthless
tohostudios
TheGreatDuck
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What's your favorite hair metal supergroup
Mr. Big
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap11%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Damn Yankees
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap30%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Badlands
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap46%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 46% [ 17 ]
Bad English
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap0%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blue Murder
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap11%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Contraband
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap2%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Katmandu
Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_lcap0%Favorite hair metal supergroup Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Arcade
 0% [ 0 ]
Heavy Bones
 0% [ 0 ]
Wild Horses
 0% [ 0 ]
Dirty White Boy
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Favorite hair metal supergroup Empty
PostSubject: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Blue Murder for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Of these I go with Badlands.
I'm curious as to how you came up with what bands to list in the poll. There are a lot of the more "obscure" hair bands in the list like Wild Horses and Dirty White Boy; did those bands even release more than one album?
Interesting poll, like I said just curious about why these bands were selected.

EDIT: BTW, if you're vote is for Blue Murder, you better actually vote. Right now mine is the only one showing. Wink

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Pretty close between Damn Yankees and Mr. Big; but I went with Damn Yankees.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 pm

OK, i re-read the poll title. These are "supergroups".

But I'd still like to know who was in Dirty White Boy and WIld Horses that qualifies them for the poll.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm

That's a tough one......I went with Mr. Big.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Badlands. Easily.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Badlands. Nothing else even comes close.

Calling them hair metal is an INSULT. angry
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:12 pm

How in the hell is that an insult, ffs?

tohostudios wrote:

But I'd still like to know who was in Dirty White Boy and WIld Horses that qualifies them for the poll.

The first one had David Glenn Eisley, Earl Slick and a drummer from Autograph, and Wild Horses had James Kottak, Johnny Edwards (for a short time only) and Jeff Pilson.
Also, I forgot Alcatrazz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Because the term "hair metal" is 100% derogatory, it was created to make fun of 80s bands...how it got adopted as an actual term by supposed fans of the music is something I'll never understand.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
Badlands. Nothing else even comes close.

Calling them hair metal is an INSULT. Favorite hair metal supergroup 308838
lol! Yeah, I kind of thought tagging them with that epithet was a little weird too. Great bluesy hard rock IMO; a far cry from the Poisons and Warrants of the genre.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Mr. Big had the more talented/versatile musicians (IMHDO)
Damn Yankees had the better songwriters (IMHDO)
but.................
Badlands had the overall package and a more consistant claim to style. So thus my vote.

I am not gonna get butt-hurt over labels, Afterall, my position is pretty well documented here. Two kinds of music.....stuff I dig and stuff I don't

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Having to "explain" those "obscure" bands is kinda/sorta detrimental to the premise of the thread title.

Using the "guidelines" the original poster stated in having those "obscure" bands being a "supergroup". Might as well add L.A guns and Guns n Roses to the list as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Voted for Damn Yankees out of the Pop Metal supergroups (I hate the Hair Metal term for SD's mentioned reasons)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:

tohostudios wrote:

The first one had David Glenn Eisley, Earl Slick and a drummer from Autograph, and Wild Horses had James Kottak, Johnny Edwards (for a short time only) and Jeff Pilson.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight. I've had both those CDs for years and never made the connection.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah, I'll go with Badlands, followed by Damn Yankees and Blue Murder.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Close between Blue Murder and Badlands but I like the more hair metal leanings of Blue Murder just a tad. lol!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:10 pm

As much as I dislike that quack Ted nowadays, I have to go with Damn Yankees
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Badlands, but these guys were more of bluesy hard rock/metal band that had more in common with Led Zeppelin then those aqua net abusers
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Damn Yankees hands down. My runners up would be Badlands, Mr. Big, Bad English.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

tohostudios wrote:

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. I've had both those CDs for years and never made the connection.

I was thinking of a different Wild Horses:
Favorite hair metal supergroup Wild-Horses-Wild-Horses
Jimmy Bain - bass/vocals
Brian Robertson - guitar/vocals
Neil Carter -guitar/keyboards
Clive Edwards - drums
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:53 am

Badlands got my vote, followed by Blue Murder and Katmandu (I loved Dave King with Fastway and Katmandu).

as pointed out these are more "hair band era" than hair bands per se, so with that in mind I'll mention Shadow King, Alias, and Phenomena. Phenomena was more of an all-star cameo group (so common nowadays) than a supergroup, but I thought they were the best of the Purple/Rainbow spin off bands. I liked Phenomena even better than Badlands as they featured not only Ray Gillen but also Glenn Hughes, John Wetton, and Max Bacon on various songs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 am

jettafiend wrote:
Damn Yankees hands down. My runners up would be Badlands, Mr. Big, Bad English.

I'm with you.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 am

Toss up between Damn Yankees and Badlands for me, as they're the only two bands on the list I ever really cared for.

(flips coin)

Badlands gets it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:24 am

Badlands for me. They are the only one on that list I care much about. Mr. Big is ok.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 am

Skrapp Mettle
The Bloody Stools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite hair metal supergroup
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next