Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite hair metal supergroup

Go down 
+27
journeyman
MoonChild
brokentulsa
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
stepcousin
nevermore
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
chewie
jettafiend
manny
stormspell
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
James B.
Witchfinder
bassman
Wurthless
tohostudios
TheGreatDuck
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What's your favorite hair metal supergroup
Mr. Big
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Damn Yankees
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Badlands
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 17 ]
Bad English
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Blue Murder
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Contraband
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Katmandu
Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Arcade
 0% [ 0 ]
Heavy Bones
 0% [ 0 ]
Wild Horses
 0% [ 0 ]
Dirty White Boy
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:27 am

Damn Yankees for me,Badlands would be a close second.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 pm

I have to go with Badlands.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:27 pm

I voted for Damn Yankess. Would've voted for Badlands but they arent hair metal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Damn Yankees for me. Both their albums are just pure melodic goodness.

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Skrapp Mettle
The Bloody Stools

That sounds like one is the cause of the other lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 am

Wow those Damn Yankees are coming down the homestretch and are now neck and neck !

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 am

Mr. Big for me...followed by Damn Yankees...then Bad English.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am

I'm a big fan of all the bands on that list - no matter what anybody wants to label them. I'm going to vote for Contraband since I think that album of theirs is incredible and needs more love.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm

James B. wrote:
Wow those Damn Yankees are coming down the homestretch and are now neck and neck !

its a Runaway!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Damn Yankees had some good tunes but they were just too "wussified" for me (probably thanks to Tommy Shaw). When I saw them live, Jackyl opened for them and blew them off the stage (despite Ted shooting a flaming arrow!).

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:14 pm

You put the best songs of the two DY albums and you have a solid album. I like the Blue Murder albums all the way through for the most part so they got the vote. I just can't make myself think of Badlands as hair metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 pm

I couldn't stand Damn Yankees, loathed them. Most likely due to the fact that I also can't stand Night Ranger or Styx and don't like anything Ted Nugent recorded past the 70s.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:24 pm

BadLands..Jake E Lee headbanger
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 pm

I went wit Mr. Big, but could have easily gone with Badlands.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Badlands, then Blue Murder. Bad English was ok.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 am

I hated the term hair metal, growing up we called it pop metal, but whatever.

I never saw Mr Big or Bad English as hair metal bands, more like AOR bands.

Blue Murder was to me more in line of NWOBHM vibe with a bit of MTV mousee abuse and Badlands more of bluesy vibe in line with Led Zeppelin.

To me hair metal was more like Poison, Bon Jovi, Slaughter, etc
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
Damn Yankees had some good tunes but they were just too "wussified" for me (probably thanks to Tommy Shaw). When I saw them live, Jackyl opened for them and blew them off the stage (despite Ted shooting a flaming arrow!).

You must've seen the same D.Y. tour I did. I saw'em at Radio City Music Hall in NYC, Jackyl were dumb as a box of rocks but so much fun to watch.

At one point Jesse James DuPree jumped off the stage (in his underwear, of course) and ran up and down the aisles, wailing all kinds of random noises on a guitar. He jumped up onto an empty seat right in front of my friend Ralph and I, played the riff from "My Sharona," then looked right at us and said "I wrote that." We were dyin'. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 am

Quote :
hair metal supergroup

I don't know why, but that term turns my stomach when I read it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:31 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
hair metal supergroup

I don't know why, but that term turns my stomach when I read it.

heh. It does bring back memories.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Badlands by a wide margin, then Bad English, Blue Murder, and Damn Yankees.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Mr. Big is such a badass band...like a more AOR Van Halen...I can't figure out how they didn't blow this poll wide open.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mr. Big is such a badass band...like a more AOR Van Halen...I can't figure out how they didn't blow this poll wide open.

I'm a huge Paul Gilbert fan and love his solo works and stuff with Racer X (Billy Sheehan is no slouch either), but Mr. Big never did much for me. I had their debut on tape and owned 2 cds (Lean Into It and Bump Ahead). None of them are around anymore. Not sure what it is that I disliked about them, but they just never tripper my trigger.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Four words: "To Be With You."

Violent hatred for that song!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I didn't mind it. It was better than some of the cheese that era produced when it comes to power ballads. I guess that after listening to Racer X, Mr. Big seemed kinda light-weight in comparrision. Unfair probably. But maybe that's why I didn't care for them. don\'t know

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I didn't mind it. It was better than some of the cheese that era produced when it comes to power ballads. I guess that after listening to Racer X, Mr. Big seemed kinda light-weight in comparrision. Unfair probably. But maybe that's why I didn't care for them. don\'t know

I just never liked that song. Oddly enough, a year or two ago I bought a pile of CDs at a yard sale including the Mr. Big disc with that song on it. I figured since I hated that song, the rest of the album was gonna suck so I already had it pegged for "trade bait." However, I ended up enjoying the rest of the album and I ended up keeping it.

Thankfully, "To Be With You" is the last track, so I can just hit "stop" before it comes on. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite hair metal supergroup   Favorite hair metal supergroup - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite hair metal supergroup
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next