Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian death metal "Supergroup"

Go down 
+10
metalheaded
exact33
SpectreFate
jettafiend
nevermore
Chrome Locust
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
metalhead777
14 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Christian death metal "Supergroup" Empty
PostSubject: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 am

Just saw it on facebook this morning. I say "supergroup" because while a good number of people who listen to christian metal know who these people and their bands might be, nobody else really will.
Dharok, vocalist,guitarist and programmer for the Canadian death metal outfit "Sympathy" announced in October 2012 that he had teamed up with Azahel of "Frost Like Ashes" and that they were working on an EP containing 30+ minutes of music in 6 songs of thrash influenced black metal. He also said there would be a drummer who would remain undisclosed, but today it was revealed that it was none other than Anonymous of the Christian black metal band Horde, and of course a former drummer of mortification.

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 am

Sympathy is pretty awesome. Never heard Frost Like Ashes. Jayson Sherlock (Anonymous) is amazing. I bet this will sound really good.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 am

Could be cool. I'd be interested in checking it out.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am

Well, the drumming should be stellar.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm

If its metal I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm

This should be interesting. I'd like to hear what they'll come up with.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Thrash influenced black metal? Opinion reserved for listening purposes. Black metal is one of those things that I just can't get in to. Cool to see Jayson Sherlock staying busy though.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm

jettafiend wrote:
Thrash influenced black metal? Opinion reserved for listening purposes. Black metal is one of those things that I just can't get in to. Cool to see Jayson Sherlock staying busy though.

Its awful, isn't it? I watched 'Till The Light Takes Us' and really laughed at it. I'll probably get in trouble here, but IMO its utter drek, Black Metal. Reminds me of punk bands in the 70's who hadn't the talent to play metal - so they formed crappy groups to get their angst out. I'd listen to all metal, but black metal is talent-less drivle - bands like Mayhem are a total joke. Makes funny viewing the documentaries, but bar being an angsty, hate filled 14 year old who knows no better, I can't see its value to metal music; or any music for that matter.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Its awful, isn't it? I watched 'Till The Light Takes Us' and really laughed at it. I'll probably get in trouble here, but IMO its utter drek, Black Metal. Reminds me of punk bands in the 70's who hadn't the talent to play metal - so they formed crappy groups to get their angst out. I'd listen to all metal, but black metal is talent-less drivle - bands like Mayhem are a total joke. Makes funny viewing the documentaries, but bar being an angsty, hate filled 14 year old who knows no better, I can't see its value to metal music; or any music for that matter.

I have not seen that documentary. If you watch the doc Metal - A Headbangers Journey you get to see the lead singer of Mayhem... 'Nuff said. I have not listened to enough of it to get in to a discussion of the lyrical content, but the music and especially the vocals are utter crap. I want melody and dynamics in my metal, not just speed for the sake of speed. I will say tho, that the imagery and such on the covers are enough for a pass from me.

My take on black metal is...

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Quote :
speed for the sake of speed

You're right. You haven't listened to much black metal.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I know, and it's all good. Quite honestly, my metal experience in general is rather limited when compared to others like Ult or Kmorg, but I am not going to sweat it. I know what I like and I am open to new bands and styles but some, like black metal, just don't grab me at all. I give most Death Metal bands a pass as well, but there are a few that I truly enjoy, bands like Immortal Souls, Extol and Arch Enemy. I don't have a lot by any of them because it's not a genre that I listen to a whole lot.

Back to the subject at hand. I will give this new band a listen and reserve my opinion for when I can hear the music. I may or may not like it, but I am willing to give them a fair listen.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Derek has some great music with Sympathy. I might look into this.

metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 pm

This does sound like it will be interesting.

...and that Lich King video is hilarious! lol!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Love Symphony and FLA. Sherlock made Exhumed of the Earth...for me anyway. Should be killer!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 pm

jettafiend wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I know, and it's all good. Quite honestly, my metal experience in general is rather limited when compared to others like Ult or Kmorg, but I am not going to sweat it. I know what I like and I am open to new bands and styles but some, like black metal, just don't grab me at all. I give most Death Metal bands a pass as well, but there are a few that I truly enjoy, bands like Immortal Souls, Extol and Arch Enemy. I don't have a lot by any of them because it's not a genre that I listen to a whole lot.

Back to the subject at hand. I will give this new band a listen and reserve my opinion for when I can hear the music. I may or may not like it, but I am willing to give them a fair listen.
ANOTHER "WWWAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGG" DISCRIMINATOR!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm

T-Roy wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

ANOTHER "WWWAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGG" DISCRIMINATOR!!! lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:23 pm

metalheaded wrote:
This does sound like it will be interesting.

...and that Lich King video is hilarious! lol!

The entire album is hilarious! And a song about the movie Predator?!?! Can't get more metal than that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:04 pm

OMG, that Lich King video was HILARIOUS!!

In return, allow me to give y'all another parody video. lol!

Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:03 pm

LOL...good one!

lol!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Interesting replies. Lots of mixed reception! Although I for one have confidence, its not like Thrash and Black metal haven't blended before, and that turned out wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:59 am

I like Frost Like Ashes, and Horde . Don't know the other two bands.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 am

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
OMG, that Lich King video was HILARIOUS!!

In return, allow me to give y'all another parody video. lol!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm intrigued...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian death metal "Supergroup"   Christian death metal "Supergroup" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian death metal "Supergroup"
Page 1 of 1