Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford

Go down 
+19
jstate
stepcousin
Witchfinder
James B.
SpectreFate
nevermore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
Vexer6
Wargod
thejokeriv
Wurthless
chewie
Addy
Boris2008
tohostudios
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford
LITA FORD
Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
JOAN JETT
Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Vote_lcap73%Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 73% [ 24 ]
Neither
Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Joan Jett is like a female Lemmy. She lives and breathes rock n roll, continuously kicks ass and doesn't care what anybody sez or thinks.

I saw J.J. live a couple of times during the 90s and she always threw down. Consistently great gigs.

Lita Ford may have held a special place in my teenage metal fanboy dreams, but those dreams had nothing to do with her music, if you catch my drift. Very Happy Joan Jett could kick her ass six days a week and twice on Sunday.

S.D. wrote:
I bought one of Lita's solo albums and decided the picture on the LP was far more enjoyable than the music on the record.

Ditto. I bought the 45 of Lita's "Back to the Cave" just for the picture of her on the sleeve. The song sucked so I threw the record away and hung the sleeve on my wall Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard

Saw Joan live once and she kicked ass. Had no idea I was going to see her - I was working at Oracle World conference and they had a "big" party that night at the Cow Palace. The company I worked for managed to score tickets, they had bands outside and inside playing. Devo played, a Rolling Stones tribute played, Berlin played (caught their set!) and the "headliner" was Elton John. Since not everyone could fit into the venue, Devo and Joan played outside. I decided to catch Joan and her opening act, AC/DShe (all girl AC/DC tribute band, all Bon Scott era and they kicked major ass).

It was the weekend after Sandy West died and Joan just nailed the set. She played Cherry Bomb and almost broke into tears talking about Sandy's death, then nailed the song.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Joan Jett.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 am

Back to the cave actually sounds pretty cool Live, as it turns into a Jam session hehe
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 am

I actually voted neither since I don't really know too much of their solo work. Just a couple songs (the radio/video hits) of both and neither really do that much for me.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am

Impossible for me not to go with Joan Jett. But I'm also a big fan of Lita. I thought her last record was a real strong one.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 pm

James B. wrote:
Lita is an above average guitar player but quite poor in the songwriting department.

I can't stand Joan Jett....never have...never will.

Here's a lil story. Playing pool in a local pizza joint. "I Love Rock n Roll" played on the juke box 27 times in a row and I walked over and unplugged it. The owner kicked me out and one of my buds lit the owners car on fire for 86 ing me. Lots of drama came afterwards and I associate it all with Joan Jett.

I choose neither

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:26 pm

I like some of Joans albums but for me overall its all Lita Ford. I love her music and she is one fine sexy ass kinky gal! Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 69126
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Lita Ford. She could rock, but put too much pop sheen on a lot of her stuff. I liked Joan's album of covers better than the rest of her catalog.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:39 am

Joan Jett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2