Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford

Go down 
+19
jstate
stepcousin
Witchfinder
James B.
SpectreFate
nevermore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
manny
Vexer6
Wargod
thejokeriv
Wurthless
chewie
Addy
Boris2008
tohostudios
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford
LITA FORD
Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Vote_lcap18%Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
JOAN JETT
Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Vote_lcap73%Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Vote_rcap
 73% [ 24 ]
Neither
Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Vote_lcap9%Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Empty
PostSubject: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Of the two RUNAWAYS guitarists, whose solo stuff do you prefer, if any?

I really liked the first couple Lita Ford records but felt the rest of her catalog was rather weak and poppy. Joan Jett has stayed fairly solid throughout her career, always riding that find line between hard rock and punk. Her first two albums are untouchable IMO.

I voted Joan Jett.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Not even close for me; Joan by a mile.

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Joan Jett by a wide margin. I bought one of Lita's solo albums and decided the picture on the LP was far more enjoyable than the music on the record.

Of course I also haven't owned a Joan Jett record since the mid 80s, but I have seen her live a couple times and she puts on a great show.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not even close for me; Joan by a mile.

My exact thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Now this is a topic I can get down with.....

I voted for Joan as theres more solo stuff I love, but I also like Lita Ford just saw Lita live not too long ago and her latest album is pretty good. Id love to see Joan live

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm

For looks I go with Lita Ford(I haven't heard anything that I've liked).
Music wise I voted for Joan Jett! I love her Rock n Roll attitude as well.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't particularly like either... But what I've heard of Joan Jett gets on my nerves. I can't say I've looked too deep into either's material, though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Joan - her music is more consistant
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 pm

So this seems like a landslide. I'm curious who voted for Lita and why.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 pm

I prefer Lita each has their own style.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Wargod wrote:
I prefer Lita each has their own style.

Metalwargod
Their music is certainly different when compared.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm

I voted Lita Ford, I tend to go for more commercial stuff, so I liked her later releases quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Not even close Joan Jett, saw her live and she kicked ass
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 am

Joan Jett, hands down.

As a young'un, I had "special feelings" for Joan, before I even knew why. I think I still have my 45 of 'I Love Rock n Roll' with her pic on the sleeve.

I think I may have technically seen her live too. I vaguley remember my parents taking me to some open-air free festival as a kid in the early 80's. Joan might have been one of the acts, along with Robert Hazard and others. My parents were there mainly to see the Beach Boys.

I've had a few of her discs in the past too, but the only one I've held onto was a Greatest Hits comp.

I don't own any Lita Ford. I ditched her 'Greatest Hits' cd some time ago.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 am

Joan Jett is like a female Lemmy. She lives and breathes rock n roll, continuously kicks ass and doesn't care what anybody sez or thinks.

I saw J.J. live a couple of times during the 90s and she always threw down. Consistently great gigs.

Lita Ford may have held a special place in my teenage metal fanboy dreams, but those dreams had nothing to do with her music, if you catch my drift. Very Happy Joan Jett could kick her ass six days a week and twice on Sunday.

S.D. wrote:
I bought one of Lita's solo albums and decided the picture on the LP was far more enjoyable than the music on the record.

Ditto. I bought the 45 of Lita's "Back to the Cave" just for the picture of her on the sleeve. The song sucked so I threw the record away and hung the sleeve on my wall Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Joan Jett is like a female Lemmy.

WFT, dude?!? That's an image I can't un-see now. Thanks a pant-load, you wanker.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

WFT, dude?!? That's an image I can't un-see now. Thanks a pant-load, you wanker.

Laughing very hard I meant in terms of attitude, not looks, obviously.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard I meant in terms of attitude, not looks, obviously.

Haha!

That's funny, but I thought the same thing this morning (attitude, no looks) as I was listening to Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Joan gets my vote. Her music has been far more consistent than Lita's.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Joan Jett in every way. Sorry, but Lita is just T&A with not much substance. Always has been. That being said I like a large bit of her material, but it is incomparable to Ms. Jett.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard

I must have some kind of psychic link going on with this thread because it's the second time someone has posted EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Lita is an above average guitar player but quite poor in the songwriting department.

I can't stand Joan Jett....never have...never will.

Here's a lil story. Playing pool in a local pizza joint. "I Love Rock n Roll" played on the juke box 27 times in a row and I walked over and unplugged it. The owner kicked me out and one of my buds lit the owners car on fire for 86 ing me. Lots of drama came afterwards and I associate it all with Joan Jett.

I choose neither

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm

I chose Lita. I like her first couple of albums and some of her pop-metal stuff is good. I am not that familiar with Joan Jett other than her couple of hits.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I voted Lita Ford, I tend to go for more commercial stuff, so I liked her later releases quite a bit.

I thought it was good too, and she sounded good live I just saw her recently and got my album signed and a tshirt
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Shes been compared to Chuck Berry too hehe

I love Joan Jett so does my fiancee some of my favorite tracks are

Crimson and Clover
Little Liar (the live one on her GH)
World of Denial
Light of Day

to name a few...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford   Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: