Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW JOAN JETT

Go down 
+7
ultmetal
manny
Eyesore
Addy
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:45 pm

I bought the new Joan Jett album...unvarnished yesterday...and this is the best blackheart album I have heard in awhile. I recommend it...
NEW JOAN JETT Unvarnished

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 pm

This is a new record?? Dang. I saw it in Best Buy yesterday and assumed it was just another greatest-hits comp.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Sounds good to me!

Just downloaded from Amazon for 6.99

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:11 am

Came out yesterday its on my want list. I am hoping theres going to be a tour, well I know shes playing some dates but Im hoping she comes to CT because me and my fiancee are both Joan Jett fans
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:29 am

What happened to her face? She looks horrible now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 am

Dude she is in her mid 50's, give her a break!!!

Oh BTW Ken, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:30 am

Saw her on the IHeartRadio program that was on TV last night. She still rocks hard! She played "Bad Reputation". Great song.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Whoa! Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Might have to check this one out - been meaning to add some Joan to my collection. I saw her back in 2006, a couple of days after Sandy West died... Put on a KILLER show. I was at Oracle Open World and manged to get passes to their big shindig at the Cow Palace. She played outside in a huge tent during the same time during the headliner played (Elton John) and another outside tent band (Devo) - pretty easy decision to see Joan..... she ended with Cherry Bomb (dedicated to Sandy) then no encore. She was pretty emotionally wrecked that night but didn't let on until the end of the show (she talked about Sandy and ended the show before the encore, saying she couldn't handle playing anymore.)
Back to top Go down

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Cheek implants, some botox and a possible facelift. But none of that really matters as long as the music is good.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:38 pm

I agree the new album rules.

Joan Jett has really never disappointed though. Certainly some albums she's recorded are not as good as her first 3 with the Blackhearts or her stuff with The Runaways.

But every album has her love of simple rock and roll at its core. Some of the later 80s and early 90s records suffered from labels/producers trying to make it sound more relevant to the time, but she still shines through the gloss, even on those records.

Every Joan Jett record, in my opinion, is worth the time.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Cheek implants, some botox and a possible facelift.  But none of that really matters as long as the music is good.  
Looks like she had a stroke.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Quote :
Well..she is getting older and truthfully she doesn't hold a candle to Lita or Doro but at least she aint no Kieth Richards... Alot of the male singer from the 70s and 80s look pretty bad now to....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:04 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Well..she is getting older and truthfully she doesn't hold a candle to Lita or Doro but at least she aint no Kieth Richards... Alot of the male singer from the 70s and 80s look pretty bad now to....
Lita looks pretty bad now without makeup and Photoshop.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:54 pm

This album is really good. I've spun it 3 times today.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Im hoping to see her live
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Like the song. Might need to check the album out. I had the hit list and the first blackhearts album and liked them both. Never really much more than a casual fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW JOAN JETT Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW JOAN JETT   NEW JOAN JETT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW JOAN JETT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: