Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joan Jett suing former band mate.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Joan Jett suing former band mate. Empty
PostSubject: Joan Jett suing former band mate.   Joan Jett suing former band mate. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Runaways guitarist Joan Jett has filed a lawsuit against former band member Jackie Fox, accusing her of meddling in the production of a film biopic of the band.
The movie, based on the story of the 1970s American all-girl rock group, is currently in production and stars "Twilight"'s Kristen Stewart.
According to TMZ.com, Jett claims Fox tried to halt filming until she has seen and approved a script.
Jett insists there is no character based on Fox in the movie, and alleges the former bass player "threatened" Jett's business partners, claiming she has the right to be paid for the use of the Runaways name.
The band was formed in 1975 by Jett and drummer Sandy West.
Fox left during a 1977 tour of Japan, just before the rockers were due to appear at the Tokyo Music Festival, and was later replaced with Vicki Blue.
In the suit, Jett insists Fox has no right to the band name or any cash made from it, and is seeking damages.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett suing former band mate.   Joan Jett suing former band mate. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 pm

This is a stupid lawsuit, Jackie Fox was in the Runaways and she has the same complients about the bio pic that Cherrie Currie and Lita Ford do, only difference is that Jackie Fox became an entertainment lawyer. Also how can a movie claim to be a bio pic if one of the real members of the band, has been written out of the story.

Also none of the Runaways own the name, that name is owned by their former manager Kim Fowley so I expect to see a lawsuit being filed by him any day now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett suing former band mate.   Joan Jett suing former band mate. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

In a related note, Vinnie Vincent is claiming that Joan Jett stole his eyeliner while on tour together back in 1982 and is suing her for damages, emotional distress and return of said eyeliner.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett suing former band mate.   Joan Jett suing former band mate. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
In a related note, Vinnie Vincent is claiming that Joan Jett stole his eyeliner while on tour together back in 1982 and is suing her for damages, emotional distress and return of said eyeliner.

LOL!!!!!!

Meanwhile, Lita Ford is happy to have been paid for the story and is hoping for a big backend profit as she and her husband, Jim Gillette from Nitro, would like to add some space to their house on their private island in the Carribean.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett suing former band mate.   Joan Jett suing former band mate. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Thats like me suing someone cuz they used my name for their business or something, totally retarted, I hope Joan Jett wins!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan Jett suing former band mate.   Joan Jett suing former band mate. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joan Jett suing former band mate.
Page 1 of 1