Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

30 years ago yesterday

Go down 
+16
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
journeyman
jstate
Spiner202
manny
krokus
nevermore
James B.
Troublezone
mc666
scottmitchell74
7thSecond
Sword Of The Heretic
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

30 years ago yesterday Empty
PostSubject: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:27 pm

This gem was released, and a classic was born.

30 years ago yesterday 4932
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:26 pm

My very first metal album. Yes album, as in vinyl.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Awesome! I can remember my cousin and I (she 8, myself 9) listening to this. My Uncle walks into the room and says "What are you listening to?!" She says "Quiet Riot" He says "No, you're not" She says, sort of innocently, not rudely "Yes, we are." and he does that through-clenched-teeth thing "No, you're not" That was the end of that. Good memories!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:30 pm

still a great hard rock album. i have very fond memories of this.

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Like everyone else on the planet I owned this album when it first came out, but honestly it never became a favorite. I got tired of it within a couple months (way overplayed by everyone around me) and never had the desire to revisit it. It was the only Quiet Riot album I ever bought. My attention went to other bands like Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Ozzy and Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
It was the only Quiet Riot album I ever bought.
that remains true for me as well to this day, but i still like this one quite a bit.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:21 pm

It's definitely a classic. The only QR disc I have right now is the (best of) Randy Rhoads era.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I saw them 4 times in two months on this tour. (US '83 end of May, Gazzari's early June and two shows in Vegas at Aladdin Theater in late June opening for ZZ Top)

Although it wasn't my first QR purchase. I bought copies of QR and QR II at The Starwood when my band opened for them in 1979. One of Randy's last shows with them if memory serves me correctly. I still own them today and play them alot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 am

And it's still a great album!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 am

I have nearly everything the band released and this is one of my fave by them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 am

I still like this album, and I have fond memories at 12 and 13 just loving this album.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:20 am

One of my favourite albums for sure! I don't listen to it as much anymore, but it's still fun to throw on once in a while.

manny wrote:
I still like this album, and I have fond memories at 12 and 13 just loving this album.

Me too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 am

I remember how hard to get this was in my town. The local mall record shop was constantly sold out. I almost secretly joined Columbia House just to try and get it. My parents some how tracked down a copy which made a great Christmas present. Unfortunately they didn't take the security clamp off the cassette so we spent a good chunk of Christmas trying to pry it off. Broken scissors and a few cut hands later I was so excited to pop it in the walkman I had also just gotten. That was an awesome Christmas that year - also got a Billy Squier tape. Thing I remember most about Metal Health was how much I loved the songs that weren't hits.

Still think it is a great album that really holds up beyond the nostalgia factor.

Kinda makes me wish I had picked up those Target exclusives with the Cum On Feel .45 and t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:59 am

30 years....wow, I'm old. Very fond memories of this album. One of the few rock-metal bands to achieve that level of success. The band certainly paid the price for that meteoric rise. I still get the same vibe today as I did then. A very cool album that was fun to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 am

I grew tired of it but now it's fun to pull out for a trip down memory lane.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's definitely a classic. The only QR disc I have right now is the (best of) Randy Rhoads era.

I have that one, Metal Health, and the follow-up. BTW, I don't see any picture in the opening post. All I'm getting is a red x in a box. However, I was alble to asertain the album in question from the other posts.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 pm

I just might have to break this one out later - haven't listened to it in a while. I remember picking it up in 9th grade, listened to a lot at first. It was a huge deal being the first metal album to hit # 1.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 pm

My first non-KISS album I received to start me on my way to heavy metal collecting,listening,etc. My parents got me a boom box for Christmas and my one brother got me this on cassette (my other brother got me Ozzy's Bark At The Moon). I was quite familiar with the album (friends of mine had already owned it) but was quite happy to receive. It still gets regular play out of me (since upgraded to cd).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have that one, Metal Health, and the follow-up. BTW, I don't see any picture in the opening post. All I'm getting is a red x in a box. However, I was alble to asertain the album in question from the other posts.

I see the pic now. Must have been a problem on my side.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 pm

The first live band that I ever seen. June 23, 1983. Great Northern Picnic - Parade Stadium, Minneapolis. Quiet Riot was the opener, then Greg Kihn, Joan Jett, and Loverboy headlined. My and my best bud Bentley went simply because we knew that Randy had been in QR and that seemed to be a good enough reason to check them out. Wow. The very next morning [a Monday], we met up back downtown and went to every single record store. We hit at least 8-10 stores with the same result. Quiet Riot - Metal Health was sold out and we should come back next Tuesday. Just that show and the insuing situation the next day was life altering. Everything went hair-metal nutzoid immediately THAT WEEK. Summer of '83 holds some of my fondest memories.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Mark me down as another metalhead that got their start here. The title cut is still a monster track and an anthem for the ages. I do think that the album is poorly sequenced though, with the horrible duo of Don't Wanna Let You Go and Slick Black Cadillac stopping the momentum of Side One in its tracks. Luckily, Love's A Bitch finishes that side off with a bang. Side Two is better sequenced with many heavy cuts in a row and the unbelievably bad Thunderbird left for last. I always skip that cringe-inducing crapfest.

I can't listen to the CD bonus track Danger Zone without laughing because of Archer:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:02 pm

I hate to say it WF, only because of your avatar - but you and I might be twin brothers from different mothers.

I will give Thunderbird just a slight break because of why they wrote it though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:13 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I hate to say it WF, only because of your avatar - but you and I might be twin brothers from different mothers.

I will give Thunderbird just a slight break because of why they wrote it though.

lol!

If I were the ghost of Randy Rhoads, I would haunt them for releasing that turd.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

lol!

If I were the ghost of Randy Rhoads, I would haunt them for releasing that turd.
And I would support you in that effort. They definitely could have made it a touch more "Randy" in spirit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I've never heard/owned it.

PostSubject: Re: 30 years ago yesterday   30 years ago yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

30 years ago yesterday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next