Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started

Go down 
+10
BearOnUnicycle
chewie
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Lari
kmorg
TheGreatDuck
sheets
ultmetal
Required Fields
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Empty
PostSubject: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Just thought I'd point out it was updated.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 pm

That's cause I didn't have time to check to make sure stuff was uploaded correctly. If anyone sees any typos, mistakes, missing art, broken links, etc. please let me know. Thanks.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm not seeing the Saxon - Call to Arms review.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:20 pm

sheets wrote:
I'm not seeing the Saxon - Call to Arms review.

Just checked. It's there. Hit the refresh button. Might still have the old page in your cache.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:28 pm

A-ha! There it is. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm

You forgot to add Vandenberg to the index.
You misspelled Kerry Livgren as Kerry Livegrin a couple of times. The same thing with Elefante as Elephante.
In the review for Keel - Back In Action, you wrote:
Quote :
"Lay Down The Law '84" is a apparently a demo
No need for the first "a".
In the review for Kansas - Drastic Measures, you wrote:
Quote :
"Incident on a Bridge" is one other song on the album that touches on the band's former progressive tendencies. It's a Livgren composition that deals with the Biblical idea of the Rapture. The song features some excellent guitar plaing and intricate keyboard work.

The "y" in "playing is missing.

Quote :
Mainstream" may be the most progressive song on the album. The starts off as a guitar drive, AOR rocker but also features an interesting percussive breakdown in the middle of the song that adds a bit of flavor to the song.

I take it you meant to write "The song"?

You also forgot the second "x" in Diamond Rexx.

Ult, what do you think of Danzig? I'm kinda surprised you don't have any yet...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Several places on the Brainstorm page you keep naming their 4th album "Metis Mortis".... the correct name is "Metus Mortis".

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:58 pm

The Black Sabbath link doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

TheGreatDuck, kmorg, Lari, thanks for catching those things.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 am

Ult, have you heard Shadow King? They're an early '90s hair band that had Lou Gramm on vocals and Vivian Campbell on guitar. Not too different from what Foreigner was doing at the time.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 am

Yes, I heard of them. Haven't heard them in a decade, but from what I remember they were very light-weight AOR, super-polished and severely lacking in chemistry.

Gramm has a great voice. I suppose I should revisit them.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 am

Well, these two songs don't really sound that light-weight to me...More in the vein of Slaughter, FireHouse, or Foreigner's unusual heat album...Dunno, maybe the rest of the album is different, I've only heard these two songs.

Here's a band I'm pretty sure you'd like, Zar. Pretty awesome German melodic metal, with John Lawton of Uriah Heep and Lucifer's Friend fame doing the vocals on the debut:

And since you opened that The Cars thread recently, I'm curious, are there any other new wave/pop-rock/pop acts you like, that aren't on this site?

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 am

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am extremely envious of Scott's website and collection.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am extremely envious of Scott's website and collection.

And his pecs.So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started 746178

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

And his pecs.So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started 746178

What a Face
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, I heard of them. Haven't heard them in a decade, but from what I remember they were very light-weight AOR, super-polished and severely lacking in chemistry.

Gramm has a great voice. I suppose I should revisit them.

You pretty much nailed it right there. I know I expected more from that project........... more of a heavier Foreigner type thing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:

And since you opened that The Cars thread recently, I'm curious, are there any other new wave/pop-rock/pop acts you like, that aren't on this site?

Can't think of any, though I will be adding The Cars & Candy-O in the next update. Might add Shake It Up one of these days as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 pm

What cover is that on your BLS cd? Mine doesn't look like that. Was their alternate versions released? Mine looks like this...

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started 51zB6rD-GFL._SL500_AA300_

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Zar.
I'd second the recommendation. Zar is great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What cover is that on your BLS cd? Mine doesn't look like that. Was their alternate versions released? Mine looks like this...

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started 51zB6rD-GFL._SL500_AA300_

Must have been because my cover looks like the one I posted.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:32 am

ultmetal wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Can't think of any, though I will be adding The Cars & Candy-O in the next update. Might add Shake It Up one of these days as well.

It would also be nice to finally see GFR and that Toto review you promised so long ago. Very Happy

Anyway, have you heard of WWIII?

A funny thing is, every member who played on the debut, sans the vocalist, played with Dio at one time or another. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I used to email with Mandy Lion, and he promised to send me some CD's.... Never happened...

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:32 am

On your Grave Robber page, the record label and year for the 2nd release is free-floating and is hanging around the bottom where the review for the 1st album ends.

And you've got a bit of a conflict in wording on one of your Machine Head reviews. In your review for Supercharger you write:

"Machine Head's debut was good, if not inventive."

But later in the same review you write:

"At that point, I revisited "Burn My Eyes" and again found it to be a solid and inventive album."

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:01 pm

You also don't have a review for Steeler's (GER) s/t.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:14 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
You also don't have a review for Steeler's (GER) s/t.

Have it on vinyl. Need to spend some time listening to it.

PostSubject: Re: So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started   So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, NLTM was updated yesterday, but no thread was started
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next