Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8 years? No way.

Go down 
+10
kmorg
mc666
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Vordul
exact33
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:01 pm

So yeah. I'm sitting here listening to Iron Maiden's Rock In Rio Live album. The first 3 songs are Wicker Man, Ghost of the Navigator (my 1st or 2nd fav Maiden song), and Brave New World. I got to thinking that I remember when I bought Brave New World and being blown away. But it really seems like it was only a year or so ago, but I got it the week it was released back in 2000. I cannot believe it has been almost 8 years since Brave New World was released!

Anyone else believe their life is passing you by at an alarming rate??

Last edited by spectrefate on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Everytime I look at my 14 year old.
Back to top Go down

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:42 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Everytime I look at my 14 year old girlfriend.
I agree. Crazy how time flies.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Yep! Brave New World does that to me a lot. In fact, metal albums do that to me all the time along with looking at my kids and friends kids.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Are you sure it's not still 1989? I could've sworn....
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Are you sure it's not still 1989? I could've sworn....

I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Sports does this to me as well. I can't believe that magical Summer of 98 with Sammy and McGwire (juiced or not it was magical then) is going to be 10 YEARS old. It seems just last Summer!

My favorite players from Football and Baseball are not only both retired over 10 years but in their HOF's. Just amazing...
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Yes, and it's embarassing everytime someone asks about good new albums and everything I can think of is at least 5 years old.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm

I try to ignore the idea that most of the music i listen to is 20 + years old... To imagine some of these band can almost collect social security gives me a downright strange feeling...

Alex

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Quote :

emptytomb1 wrote:
Everytime I look at my 14 year old girlfriend.
I agree. Crazy how time flies.

Says the guy with a man and a speedo in his avatar.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 pm

yeah i'm looking in thje mirror right now and all i can see is UNCLE SAXON's reflection...................

Sad

the sign of the inevitable

grim reaper
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:26 pm

That's because he's behind you! Not gonna be a nice evening for you. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 pm

I have noticed that as I am getting older the time does seem to speed up, definelty around holidays such as Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Happens to me all the time, especially when I look at the release dates on some of my albums or CDs and go "Damn, this thing came out (number) YEARS ago?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm

so if i say UNCLE SAXON 3 times

do i get the same effect as if i say CANDYMAN? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's because he's behind you! Not gonna be a nice evening for you. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:57 am

life isn't zipping by fast enough. i want it grindcore fast.

Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:17 am

call Barney then (Greenway not RUBBLE) 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:25 am

Quote :
life isn't zipping by fast enough. i want it grindcore fast.

why?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am

I used to collect movies, and when I see movies that were brand new back when I started collecting, I feel old. Seems like yesteryear, and it was actually 1988!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:43 am

I thought it was going by fast when it was just my wife & me. Now that we've added 2 kids into the mix, the hyper-drive has just kicked in and we're making the jump to light speed. That's almost grindcore fast.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:48 am

st.anger does that to me lol! wow five years nearly and no new album still
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:04 pm

It does move very quick. I think the same thing a lot when I too look at the album covers and dates of release on stuff. I think it's us metalheads that have fond memories or stories to tell of when and where we got an album/cassette/cd. You don't have that with the Top 40 people or getting an intangible product like downloading an mp3.
For example, I remember walking to the record store to buy "Ram It Down" on cassette in a torrential downpour in 1988. Even though I was 16 at the time, I was in drivers ed and didn't have a car to take anyway, so I had to hoof it a few miles if I wanted to rock that day.
I just don't hear people fondly reminisce about getting the latest Beyonce or Sugar Ray at a particular time. But, whatever.
(Steps of the soapbox)
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm

the sentinel wrote:
It does move very quick. I think the same thing a lot when I too look at the album covers and dates of release on stuff. I think it's us metalheads that have fond memories or stories to tell of when and where we got an album/cassette/cd. You don't have that with the Top 40 people or getting an intangible product like downloading an mp3.
For example, I remember walking to the record store to buy "Ram It Down" on cassette in a torrential downpour in 1988. Even though I was 16 at the time, I was in drivers ed and didn't have a car to take anyway, so I had to hoof it a few miles if I wanted to rock that day.
I just don't hear people fondly reminisce about getting the latest Beyonce or Sugar Ray at a particular time. But, whatever.
(Steps of the soapbox)

Yep. I still remember buying specific new releases back in high school. Van Halen, Stryper, Judas Priest, etc.... A lot of memories connected with those things.

I can't even tell you how I got almost all of the new cd's much less where or how I acquired them.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:02 pm

Good point guys!

I remember walking across a pond and falling through the ice while listening to Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice. My dog thought it was great, me not so. As I waded to shore I was #1 - Thankful the water was only neck deep where I went through and #2 - lamenting the loss of my walkman and VR cassette to the bottom of the abyss!

I ran home (about 1/2 mile) completely soaked and freezing, changed into sweats and ran back. In the middle of nowhere, making sure no one was around, I stripped and WADED INTO freezing water up to my neck to feel around for that cassette. NO GO! So, I ran freezing home again and warmed up. Later that night I drove to the local mall and was lucky enough that the record shop was cool enough to carry Human Sacrifice. Score!

I will NEVER forget that day/night. It was surreal. My parents were on a date or something that day/night so they never knew till years later that they almost lost their son to an icy tomb! A few feet further out from the shore and it would have been over my head. My dog was light enough to run around the ice never breaking through so she thought I was playing! I was able to do all this and drive that night to the mall without them knowing.

You can't have a memory like that with downloads!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8 years? No way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years? No way.   8 years? No way. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8 years? No way.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next