Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...

Go down 
+12
Stender
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
exact33
Ricky
manny
bassman
chewie
tohostudios
Required Fields
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Empty
PostSubject: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 pm

I was at a friend's place watching bands that friends of mine play in (I was mainly there for Unbidden, a fantastic local death metal band). A little over an hour after the show began, I decided to pick up a couple of things at the Co-Op just down the street corner.

Unfortunately, my car was hit by a Jeep. My car has been damaged too badly to be repaired. After calling 911, the local police, firemen, and paramedics arrived not long afterwards. I was taken into the ambulance and to the hospital.

My head was pounding (which has stopped) and I did get a slight head bump. The doctors at the hospital checked me out and said that I'll be just fine. I wasn't able to see Unbidden perform, unfortunately. Their set was over around the same time I was released from the hospital.

At least things weren't as bad as they could have been. Things could have been a lot worse than they were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Glad you're OK RF.

I assume the other guy's insurance will cover your car?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Actually, not a lot of damage was done to their Jeep. Nearly all the damage was towards my vehicle.

I got to speak to them a bit, they seemed like good people to me. They were unhurt and there were no hard feelings whatsoever.

I will receive some form of compensation as I did have my vehicle under insurance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Wow! At least you're somewhat okay. No concussion, apparently
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:24 pm

I guess the rules in Canada are different from the States. Here, if the accident is the other guy's fault, his insurance pays for your damages.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Glad you're OK, sorry about the car. Bummer
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:55 pm

As much as it sucks your car got totaled, a car can be replaced and I am glad you are o.k. but if the pain in your head comes back, go back and see a doctor, they donot always catch everything in the emergency room.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 pm

manny wrote:
As much as it sucks your car got totaled, a car can be replaced and I am glad you are o.k. but if the pain in your head comes back, go back and see a doctor, they donot always catch everything in the emergency room.

That's what I was thinking, Manny.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:10 pm

that is too bad ..you never know what can happen at anytime good that you did not get hurt very bad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:43 pm

manny wrote:

I would second that. metal can be replaced , people cant!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

Pffftt...some can. Anyone could replace The King.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

Pffftt...some can. Anyone could replace The King.

you can try but TheKing just keeps comin back!!

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Yeah, darnnit. Glad you are ok RF.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

glad your ok

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Glad you're OK. My mom was also in a bad accident recently but walked away with only minor aches and pains.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Glad you're okay,man. Sucks about the car though although ,like it's been said,that can be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 am

Glad your okay brother.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
headbanger

I thought of that... but i knew it would be a little insensitive.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:49 am

Glad you're ok RF.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 am

Glad you are OK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Man, what a week for some of the HoM regulars! Glad you're ok, RF.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
Man, what a week for some of the HoM regulars!

I think I am going to go into hiding!!!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Stender wrote:
Glad your okay brother.

I second this....

PostSubject: Re: I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...   I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was involved in a car accident yesterday evening...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: