Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Played an old favorite yesterday.......

Go down 
+4
exact33
Lurideath
James B.
akeldama
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Played an old favorite yesterday....... Empty
PostSubject: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Played an old favorite yesterday....... Live%20to%20Die

Bride - Live to Die (Pure Metal) 1988
1. "Metal Might" (3:33)
2. "Hell No" (3:50)
3. "In the Dark" (4:08)
4. "Out for Blood" (2:56)
5. "Live to Die" (2:52)
6. "Fire and Brimstone" (4:25)
7. "Whiskey Seed" (3:39)
8. "Here Comes the Bride" (2:26)
9. "Heroes" (7:10)

I found out about this band at a christian music festival, and most of their albums are hit and miss with me, but not this one.
The only song i never liked on this was and is Here Comes the Bride. It's too bad this band had to chage so much all the time, because they hit the nail on the head with this one. I think I need to spin it more than once every couple of years. Your thoughts?

disclaimer: I stole the tracklist from nolifetilmetal.com.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 pm

In fact I've been on a Christian Metal kick for the last few days and Bride is next on my list to jam to on my iPod during work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm

I wore out that cassette back in the day...Dale Thompson was a huge influence on me wanting to be a singer and I tried to mimick his screaming in a couple of my bands...I loved how he would be melodic and have vibrato but be so aggressive...

2 thumbs up! Played an old favorite yesterday....... 29150 Played an old favorite yesterday....... 29150
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:17 pm

The Dale on "Live to Die" and the Dale onstage for that tour were two seperate animals. I was amazed at what came from his mouth. He could almost scream forever and yet be subtle with all that power. At the first His Festival, I had no problem with the levels of his vocals at the board going from singing to screams. He also didn't use to much added effect besides what yo ran with through the channel for the entire set. Alot of singers wanted you to be dialed in for those "special" moments and kick the reverb way on up or whatever flavor they dug. Bill only had a beat up old Peavy 12 channel board for that show and things turned out okay.

I need to find the cd version. I have the tendacy to bury my Bride albums in boxes and forget which one they are in.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Awesome album and by far their best. Good choice!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Very good cd! I like the first four the best!

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I like Snakes and Silence best but this is a great one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:48 pm

This CD is out of print for sure, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Best..... Bride.... Album.... EVER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm

I concur with the lot of you saying this is Bride's best album.

Most Bride fans give that award to "Snakes in the Playground".

But "Live to Die" is the masterpiece Bride album. That is the album that many trad metal bands wish they wrote.

It really is quite sad that Bride had to follow trends. Because if they had stayed in this mold, they could have given Manowar a run for their money.

It's scary how close Dale comes to sounding like Eric Adams on this album. Very compatable voices.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:03 am

Great album, and a creative peak for the band. Snakes is great too, but a different beast altogether. the way Dale holds the high note towards the end of Heroes is just awe-inspiring, and a real 'goosebump' moment for me.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:32 am

My fave songs on "Live to Die":

1. Hell No (WE WONT GO!!!)

2. Metal Might (THATS RIGHT!!!)

3. Here Comes the Bride (can you say thrash?)

4. In the Dark (DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK! IN THE DARK!!!)

5. Heroes (though I actually prefer the Matrix version better)

6. Fire and Brimstone

7. Out for Blood

8. Live to Die

9. Whiskey Seed

There's not a song on this album that is worse than a 8/10.

Overall rating: 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Just heard live to die. WOW Played an old favorite yesterday....... 11840
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Was just listening to this album. The scream at the end of "Heroes" is amazing. I also watched my VHS tape of His Festival and Dale hit that scream, no problem like it was nothing.

PostSubject: Re: Played an old favorite yesterday.......   Played an old favorite yesterday....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Played an old favorite yesterday.......
Page 1 of 1