Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last classic metal album you bought

Go down 
+25
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Alex Dee Rokket
Boris2008
jettafiend
jstate
kmorg
trock67
Gryphon-kl
Wurthless
Sutekh
DallasBlack
stepcousin
mc666
tohostudios
allthingsmetal
80s Metal Lady
DevZor
Dark Horseman
Leatherface
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Wow, a lot of us bought Riot's Thundersteel recently. Are you guys just discovering it or have you known about it all this time and just never bought it? I heard it the first time through Spotify, I believe, earlier last year.

To be honest, I never heard of Riot til 2005 and never got anything til about 3-4 years ago when I actually saw the love for that band on this forum (interestlingly enough a thread about that very same album). Most of the older albums I get, I wait til I find it at a used CD store (as they are usually found there) or new if the price is right. Riot is one of those classic metal bands you don't find used that often (or in stores period) so when I found this one for $11 new at a used store I decided it was time to finally purchase it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Dio - The Last in Line (the 24K Gold edition, that is)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Just got around to getting Zeppelin's How The West Was Won. Don't know what took me so long. Funny thing was I almost bought it for 13.00 only to go back and find it gone. Five days later I find a copy for 7.00. Worth every penny. Love it.

I also upgraded a lot of earlier Aerosmith from cassette. Great re-discovering those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:38 pm

jstate wrote:
Just got around to getting Zeppelin's How The West Was Won. Don't know what took me so long. Funny thing was I almost bought it for 13.00 only to go back and find it gone. Five days later I find a copy for 7.00. Worth every penny. Love it.

How The West Was Won is an excellent release, every Zeppelin fan should have that one.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:45 pm

I quickly am discovering that. Just phenomenal. I know it isn't a fair comparison but I see HTWW getting much more playing time than Celebration Day. And I really enjoy that one also.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Tumblr_mf41cgK8TU1rmo88oo1_1280

lol!

Laughing very hard tr00 arkayne mettle steele!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Armageddon - The Money Mask
AC/DC - Blow up Your Video
AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip
Bloodgood - Rock In A Hard Place
Bloodgood - Out Of The Darkness
Metal Church - S/T
Metal Church - The Dark
Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

jettafiend wrote:

Blessing In Disguise is brilliant! It's one of my top 100 favorite albums (metal or otherwise). I still have the cassette copy I got from the Columbia House Record Club way back when. I may even have the Columbia House order booklet which featured that album on the cover.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Razor - Evil Invaders
Possessed - Seven Churches.

I really want Iron Maidens first two on CD (I have the vinyl) don't know why I haven't got them already.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Forgot that I have gotten a classic metal album this year:

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 VRdigital
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:09 pm

I think the last classics I bought were a group of Michael Schenker albums from the early 80s:

Self-titled
Built to Destroy
Assault Attack
Rock will Never Die (live album)

I didn't have any MSG in my collection and I got these at a very nice price. I always liked MSG but the albums were very hard to find and almost always would be highly priced japanese imports.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Like most, I have no idea what "classic metal" really is. So, recently, I could not find my copies of Loudness - Lightning Strikes or Kiss - Revenge and grabbed of them last week.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I think the last classics I bought were a group of Michael Schenker albums from the early 80s:

Self-titled
Built to Destroy
Assault Attack

I didn't have any MSG in my collection and I got these at a very nice price. I always liked MSG but the albums were very hard to find and almost always would be highly priced japanese imports.

I got a ton of Schenker in my store for cheap!
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Wow, a lot of us bought Riot's Thundersteel recently. Are you guys just discovering it or have you known about it all this time and just never bought it?

I've known about it for a while (bought it on cassette when it was a recent release), but only got around to upgrading it recently.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Self-titled
Built to Destroy
Assault Attack

I got a ton of Schenker in my store for cheap!

Awesome! I have been meaning to get some stuff from your store. I'm not sure on the shipping to Australia maybe you can pm me on your shipping fees when you get a chance. Thanks
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Blessing In Disguise is brilliant! It's one of my top 100 favorite albums (metal or otherwise). I still have the cassette copy I got from the Columbia House Record Club way back when. I may even have the Columbia House order booklet which featured that album on the cover.

It is a great album, although I do like the s/t one the best so far. I am not really understanding why these guys are considered thrash tho, to me they just sound like balls-out heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 am

jettafiend wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

It is a great album, although I do like the s/t one the best so far. I am not really understanding why these guys are considered thrash tho, to me they just sound like balls-out heavy metal.

Actaully, most people I know consider them power metal (real power metal-not Euro).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 am

Would EDGUY's savage poetry be considered as a classic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 am

I have a 20 to 25 year rule (roughly) before assigning anything a "classic" tag. I think time has to pass before you can judge the lasting merit of a particular recording.

I use that rule for movies as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 am

S.D. wrote:
I have a 20 to 25 year rule (roughly) before assigning anything a "classic" tag. I think time has to pass before you can judge the lasting merit of a particular recording.

I use that rule for movies as well.

Pretty much the same for me. In my list I didn't include anything past 1988. Funny thing is that I didn't know many of these bands until after 2000 (Riot, Bloodgood, Forbidden, Running Wild, Saint Vitus, Uriah Heep, Warlord, and Whiplash). The ones I knew before then I didn't know existed until the early 90s.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 am

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 $(KGrHqJHJDYF!d52hcdJBQ,!JZIo)!~~60_35

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 13405571116761
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm

kropotkin wrote:
Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 $(KGrHqJHJDYF!d52hcdJBQ,!JZIo)!~~60_35

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 13405571116761

That Medieval Steel package is nice. Is that a recent package release?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Just got this one yesterday:

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Overkill+-+Feel+The+Fire-%5BFront%5D
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Overkill+-+Feel+The+Fire-%5BFront%5D

Your life just improved!!! Listen to this album over and over and over!!!

Sidenote: I am assuming you got the cd. I got the vinyl when it came out and there was some "backwards masking [sp?]". And, yes, I totally fell for it. Anyone else fall for that?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Your life just improved!!! Listen to this album over and over and over!!!

I probably will. Probably one of the best Overkill albums I've heard (certainly in the top 5).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last classic metal album you bought   Last classic metal album you bought - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last classic metal album you bought
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: