Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Same album(s) you've bought most

Go down 
+10
SAHB Healer
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
mc666
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
sovdat
Lurideath
GrandNational
14 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Same album(s) you've bought most Empty
PostSubject: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:10 pm

What is the most amount of times you've bought the same album(s) because they were in different packages and you just had to get it? Mine is:

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth

First time I got it was with the 2cd self-titled disk on KMG

Second time was with the 2CD digipak it came with Post Momentary Affliction

Third time was the purchase of the original Intense version

Fourth and final time was the new Soundmass re-issue with bonus tracks

Now, was the last purchase worth it? Probably not. Anybody purchased anything 5 or more times?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:19 pm

Yeah I have purchased the same album quite a few times

Ozzy - Tribute - 8 times
Sod - Speak English or Die - 8 times
Dio - Holy Diver - 6 times
Slayer - Reign In Blood - 10 times
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Not really. I've bough Sarcasm's Igra Narave / Crematory for about 4 or
5 times, 'cause I always traded it away. Metallica's Black album for
two times, but I've traded it twice, so I don't have it now. Got
Twisted into Form twice, and I have both versions now, same with Kill
for Pleasure (split with Kublai Khan and the rerelease), Deception
Ignored (bough the CD, then got the LP as a gift) etc.

Lurideth, what did you do with 8 Ozzys? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 4:33 pm

All those Ozzy's got worn out except 2 which were stolen from me. I need to get it again though!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Slayer-Reign in Blood(3 times)
Stryper-To Hell with the Devil(4 times-bought the angel art cover,then the plain black,lent it out and never got it back so I bought it again.And the angel art L.P

And alot of my collection I've bought twice,since I got rid of everything secular there for a while.Mad
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 10:20 pm

Bride - Silence Is Madness - 3 .....two cassettes cause one wore out and one CD to finally update

Rush 2112 - Have had it on record and cassette, but I can't remember if I have it on CD, must check.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 12:15 am

never. however i've bought cd versions of vinyl or cassette. not really the same thing though.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 am

I think i bought Blessing in Disguise by M.C. a few times and Pillars of Humanity too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2007 10:31 am

Aerosmith's self-titled debut.

First I had it on a beat-up cassette that I bought used at a flea market.

Purchased a 2nd copy brand new to replace that one.

Purchased a used copy on vinyl at another flea market, just because.

When I bought my 1st cd player, I went immediatley to Tower Records and made it one of my 1st cd purchases ever! (along with Blizzard of Oz and Appetite for Destruction).

Purchased my 5th and hopefully FINAL copy when I got Aerosmith's "Box of Fire" set from eBay.

At one time I even had it on 8-track tape. Seeing that I didn't own an 8-track player, my brother found it at a garage sale and gave it to me as sort of a joke, knowing that I already had it on 3 other formats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 3:03 pm

Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise x2 (gave one to a friend and never saw it again).

Savatage - From the Gutter to the Stage x2 (Left one in an ex-girlfriends place and she never gave it back either.

WASP - The Crimson Idol (2CDs version) x2 (car radio got stolen from the car and CD 2 was in it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Hmm... let's see (these are in nor particular order, just listed as they come to mind):

Metallica - Master of Puppets: 3 times

Metallica - And Justice for All: 4 times

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell: 3 times (traded it back the first time, then bought it again, and accidentally snapped when it dropped, so bought for a third time)

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway: twice (first copy got worn out)

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound: 3 times (first 2 copies got worn out from overplay)

Metallica - Ride The Lightning: 4 times

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire: twice (worn out from overplay)

King Crimson - Larks Tongues in Aspic: twice (hated it at first, then realized I was a moron and re-bought it)

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King: twice (same reason as Larks)

The Metallica ones I've just had bad luck with. I am putting off re-buying the ones I have now because they somehow always get scratched. Anyone else have terrible luck with Metallica albums? It seems that most everyone I know has some type of issue with at least one Metallica album. For instance, no matter how many times I buy it, or when I buy it, And Justice For All always ends up being scratched somehow in the first two weeks I have it. And it's always "The Frayed Ends of Sanity" that catches it. My cousin always has a bad day (due to unfortunate luck) whenever he hears The Black Album.

Anyone else have such an issue?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 8:44 pm

I've bought Anthrax - State of Euphoria twice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm

I also bought Metallica - Master of Puppets on CD, and later got it used on cassette (sorry Lars).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:06 pm

Bought Vengeance Rising Human Sacrifice twice on cassette....the first one is still at the bottom of a lake, I'm sure, along with my walkman (and almost myself). 15-16 years ago my dog and I are walking across this lake behind the trailer park I lived in and as I got close to the shore the ice got thinner (it was much thicker on the side I started on) and I fell through. I was about 10-12 feet from shore so luckily the water was only up to my neck/chin. Had I been a few feet further out I'd have been under the ice, and that's a tricky one to get out of.
My dog thinks I'm playing and as she's only 40-45 pounds she hasn't fallen through. She's running all around me wagging her tail as I stand in neck deep ice water. Again, luckily, the ice was thin enough that I just broke my way through to shore. I'm now soaked through and have to run 1/4 to a 1/3 of a mile home.
My big problem is my Human Sacrifice tape!!! Later that night I drive to the nearest mall about 20 miles away and spend money I don't need to spend to replace that precious item.....
I've yet to get it on CD, still relying on that Cassette bought on that long ago cold, dark night...........

Metal!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 am

Required Fields wrote:
I also bought Metallica - Master of Puppets on CD, and later got it used on cassette (sorry Lars).
Never apologize to him.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:01 am

I knew a guy that regularly bought and sold Highway To Hell; depending on his religious views at any given time. He must have gone through ten copies. I admit I did the same thing with Stained class a few times.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:54 pm

I don't think I've bought any album more then 3 times, but I might be wrong.

I've owned almost every Savatage album on vinyl, CD and CD re-release, so that is 3 each.

I've owned several different prints of various KISS albums, including 2 different CD issues, so if that counts, I think I've bought Destroyer like 7 times.

I've owned almost my entire Christian metal collection on vinyl, cassette or both, before buing the CD versions.

I've had promo versions and bought the regular versions of many CD's, even had one of Magnitude 9's first stolen from my car, and bought it back.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:41 pm

I have ALIVE I and ALIVE II around 4 times each on double lp´s and 1 of each on double cd.
Also i bought THE RAZOR´S EDGE by AC/DC a couple of times, same with DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH by JUDAS PRIEST.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:06 pm

I've bought lots of albums twice, especially in cases where I'm upgrading an old cassette copy to CD, but I think the two I've bought most have been Raven's ALL FOR ONE and Metallica's KILL'EM ALL, as I've owned both of those in all three major formats -- vinyl LP, cassette, and then CD. Man, that makes me feel old Wink
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm

Percipience wrote:
Hmm... let's see (these are in nor particular order, just listed as they come to mind):

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell: 3 times (traded it back the first time, then bought it again, and accidentally snapped when it dropped, so bought for a third time)

Anyone else have such an issue?

I just purchased CFH for the second time on monday Smile I am well on my way.

I have also purchased Dio - Holy Diver 3 times
Grave Digger - Excalibur 3 times
3 vers of Bride - Silence is madness
Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels twice
and then Horde 4 times...

Alex
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same album(s) you've bought most   Same album(s) you've bought most Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Same album(s) you've bought most
Page 1 of 1