Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Big Rich
tohostudios
James B.
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Empty
PostSubject: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm

I clearly remember having the first Lynch Mob album “Wicked Sensation” on cassette before I moved on to heavier things. I still like that album for George Lynch’s playing and the big melodic vocals.

I just bought the new “Elektra years” double CD. Very good remastering!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 pm

I wanna say it was Saigon Kick's The Lizard, but it's been so long that honestly I no longer remember.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wanna say it was Saigon Kick's The Lizard, but it's been so long that honestly I no longer remember.

Close enough. If it wasn’t the last, it was next to it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:24 pm

I think it was a White Lion best of compilation

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Now I remember also getting David Lee Roth’s “A Little Ain’t Enough”. That could be the last… I’m not sure.  Smile

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:27 pm

Probably Crystavox- The Bottom Line or Bride- Snakes in 92 or so?

Was on an only Christian music thing at the time

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 11:52 pm

Now that I remember, I also purchased another cd: Riskin'it all by D.A.D.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 11:20 am

I'm pretty sure it was Sleez Beez "Screwed, Blued And Tattooed". Unlike some of the bands I bought back then I still enjoy that album.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Could've been the above mentioned Sleez Beez, Stryper- Can't Stop The Rock, Tyketto - Don't Come Easy or Wildside- Under The Influence. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 11:46 pm

No clue, stopped listening to hair metal way before grunge was thought of lol Most likely Twisted Sister, they still get regular play from me to this day. That being said, I've bought some well after grunge, but not many. Motley Crue box set, few here and there that I still liked.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 12:50 am

Can’t remember for sure it could’ve been Spread Eagle-Open to the Public or Tora Tora- Wild America.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Now I remember also getting David Lee Roth’s “A Little Ain’t Enough”. That could be the last… I’m not sure.  Smile

I think this was my purchase too.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 9:40 am

I'm going to say Jackyl's debut. They were the last hair metal band that had success. It came out on 8/11/92 - so right as grunge was exploding and it was certified platinum. I remember listening to that album front to back for a few months. Good times!

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2021 11:14 am

Grunge was already an ongoing thing when I bought my first ever CDs.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 6:55 pm

Lari wrote:

Poor you. Pour one out for Lari. cheers
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Bride, I guess? Scarecrow Messiah was their last before they really started genre- hopping.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 10:28 pm

I don't consider Bride a hair band.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 10:36 pm

Big Rich wrote:

Kinetic Faith-Snakes-Scarecrow? Just regular heavy metal? I thought they were hairish.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 1:38 am

Big Rich wrote:
Lari wrote:

Poor you. Pour one out for Lari. cheers
Yup. 1994, Christmas. Youthanasia, Fear of the Dark, the Black Album...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 10:46 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

Kinetic Faith-Snakes-Scarecrow? Just regular heavy metal? I thought they were hairish.

When they played the first His Festival in ''87, all 5 of em wore spandex & make-up. So is glam/hair a "sound" or a "look"?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 11:59 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

They had a GNR vibe during the “Snakes in the Playground” era.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 2:32 pm

Winger's In the Heart of the Young. As I said before ,you can hear the death of the 80's in such songs as Rainbow in the Rose and especially In the Day We'll Never See.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.    The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The last Glam/Hair Metal album you bought before Grunge took over.
Page 1 of 1