Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax

Go down 
+21
Z Rocker
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
adrian
James B.
stormspell
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
thejokeriv
jstate
Chrome Locust
mr.electric39
CRIMSONMASK
Leatherface
SpectreFate
Boris2008
ultmetal
Witchfinder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Why does Joey take so much shiz? The guy is metal to the bone. And a helluva cool dude too.

better drummer than most "other" drummers to boot

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

James B. wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Why does Joey take so much shiz? The guy is metal to the bone. And a helluva cool dude too.

better drummer than most "other" drummers to boot

Rocks a full Injun headdress better than anyone since Crazy Horse I might add.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm

A little more info for anyone that cares...

Quote :
Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian considers it likely that Rob Caggiano has made a mistake in leaving the band – but he’s backing the decision anyway.

Caggiano surprised fans and colleagues by recently deciding it was time to move on.

The band didn’t know he was thinking along those lines while they worked on upcoming covers EP Anthems during their last European tour.

Ian tells MTV Hive: “It wasn’t until after the tour ended and we started having conversations. To put it in a nutshell, he just needs to do his own thing at this point in time.

“We knew he had a record that he was going to be doing, possibly. We had already told him, ‘If you need to take a hiatus, that’s fine.’”

Instead, Caggiano decided to make the split permanent – but not before he’d spoken to Shadows Fall axeman Jon Donais about standing in for him.

Ian says: “Rob didn’t want to leave us hanging. As much as it sucks, this whole thing has been friendly.

“I may think Rob has made a mistake by leaving the band – but at the same time he’s my friend and I back his decision all the way in whatever he needs to do.”

Caggiano has said he’s concentrating on his production career in the immediate future, including work on Volbeat’s next album. But he’s aiming to be back on stage in the mid-term.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:10 pm

I did not even know Charlie Benate was not in the band any more. I have no really followed them since the early 90s. I just could not get into the John Bush vocals (with Anthrax, at least--Saint rules).

SoWN was okay, but after hearing a friend's copy, I didn't feel it worth buying, and that was pretty much that.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I did not even know Charlie Benate was not in the band any more. I have no really followed them since the early 90s. I just could not get into the John Bush vocals (with Anthrax, at least--Saint rules).

SoWN was okay, but after hearing a friend's copy, I didn't feel it worth buying, and that was pretty much that.

Disregard all that...apparently the guy in question here was a guitar player. I saw something about drummer somewhere in the thread, and assumed. Whoops.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Quote :
I did not even know Charlie Benate was not in the band any more.

Where are you getting that from? Hitting the sauce again? drunken

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I did not even know Charlie Benate was not in the band any more.

Where are you getting that from? Hitting the sauce again? drunken

Haha, no, I somehow read this thread as saying the fellow in question that was leaving Anthrax was a drummer...so I assumed that meant Charlie has been out of the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 am

Rob has apparently joined Volbeat...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185760

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 am

Aha!! That was the plan all along...they're getting some major radio push...good for him.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am

I saw Volbeat. I don't get it. They did nothing for me. Perhaps I need to actually give their CDs a listen, rather than judging from one live show.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Aha!! That was the plan all along...they're getting some major radio push...good for him.

I kinda chuckled when I read that he joined. It's like getting out a long-term relationship, saying that you need freedom and explore other options, then getting right back into another relationship. Laughing

Eh, good for him. If he's happy, it doesn't fuss me.

Quote :
I saw Volbeat. I don't get it. They did nothing for me.

I like their weird combo of rockabilly and metal. It's sounds weird on paper, but totally works. I wouldn't mind seeing them live.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 am

My son is a HUGE Volbeat fan...my wife really digs them too...I like them well enough to not turn them off if they come on...but I don't reach for them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
I saw Volbeat. I don't get it. They did nothing for me. Perhaps I need to actually give their CDs a listen, rather than judging from one live show.

Doubtful. If you didn't like them live, their studio albums probably won't do much for you. It's usually the other way around. Studio albums don't make an impact, but seeing a band live takes them to another level.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:05 pm

When I saw them, they did a bit of Slayer's "Raining Blood" that was fun.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Doubtful. If you didn't like them live, their studio albums probably won't do much for you. It's usually the other way around. Studio albums don't make an impact, but seeing a band live takes them to another level.
For me it's the other way around, there are some bands that I feel sound better in the studio then they do live, and Hatebreed is one of them, so I would recommend checking out they're CDs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Rob has apparently joined Volbeat...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185760

Read about this earlier. Volbeat are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

So I guess the guitarist from Shadows Fall is now also with Anthrax...

Quote :
The first photo of the new ANTHRAX lineup — featuring the band's latest addition, guitarist Jon Donais (SHADOWS FALL) — can be seen below (photo by Stephanie Cabral).

Donais has been touring with ANTHRAX since Rob Caggiano's departure in January, and will continue to play with ANTHRAX for the foreseeable future.

Speaking to Metal Hammer editor Alexander Milas for the "Metal Hammer" radio show on TeamRock Radio, Scott Ian stated about the band's current second-guitarist situation: "Jon's been with us since February, and I think I can safely say he's passed the audition… [laughs]. I know we haven't said anything official yet, but in my mind, he's the guy. I'm sure some type of official announcement… because in this world, people apparently need that kind of information so they can sleep well at night. But as far as I'm concerned, Jon is the guitar player in ANTHRAX."

Donais previously stated about playing with ANTHRAX: "I grew up on ANTHRAX, they're the thrash scene, they're one of the 'Big Four,' I'd be crazy to not want to play with them. Initially, Rob called and told me he was leaving the band, and asked if I'd be interested in filling in. Then Scott called me and everything fell into place."
Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Anthraxwdonais_cabral

Not sure what this means for Shadows Fall or Anthrax, but cool. I guess. don\'t know

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 7:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So I guess the guitarist from Shadows Fall is now also with Anthrax...

Quote :
The first photo of the new ANTHRAX lineup — featuring the band's latest addition, guitarist Jon Donais (SHADOWS FALL) — can be seen below (photo by Stephanie Cabral).

Donais has been touring with ANTHRAX since Rob Caggiano's departure in January, and will continue to play with ANTHRAX for the foreseeable future.

Speaking to Metal Hammer editor Alexander Milas for the "Metal Hammer" radio show on TeamRock Radio, Scott Ian stated about the band's current second-guitarist situation: "Jon's been with us since February, and I think I can safely say he's passed the audition… [laughs]. I know we haven't said anything official yet, but in my mind, he's the guy. I'm sure some type of official announcement… because in this world, people apparently need that kind of information so they can sleep well at night. But as far as I'm concerned, Jon is the guitar player in ANTHRAX."

Donais previously stated about playing with ANTHRAX: "I grew up on ANTHRAX, they're the thrash scene, they're one of the 'Big Four,' I'd be crazy to not want to play with them. Initially, Rob called and told me he was leaving the band, and asked if I'd be interested in filling in. Then Scott called me and everything fell into place."
Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Anthraxwdonais_cabral

Not sure what this means for Shadows Fall or Anthrax, but cool. I guess. don\'t know
I've seen Anthrax live with him and he pulls off everything fine. I imagine he's simply a hired gun with zero input.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:05 am

Quote :
I've seen Anthrax live with him and he pulls off everything fine. I imagine he's simply a hired gun with zero input.
Probably. Still, it might give the band an extra kick in the seat to have some "young blood" in the band. Hope it works out well for all parties involved and we get another kick-ass Anthrax album out of it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

I think that pic is used for advertising, take your Grandson to work.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Probably. Still, it might give the band an extra kick in the seat to have some "young blood" in the band. Hope it works out well for all parties involved and we get another kick-ass Anthrax album out of it.
He played fine when I saw them on Friday.... BUT he looked completely out of place on stage with Anthrax (even more so than beanie boy) His playing and tone did the songs justice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax   Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Caggiano leaves Anthrax
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3